Rev Run and Justine Simmons, of MTV’s reality television show Run’s House, want you to “take back your family.” The husband and wife team have written a new book on parenting titled “Take back Your Family: A Challenge to America’s Parents. The book, which hits bookshelves on August 5th, will impart to readers principles by which the Simmons’ have used in raising their own children. Here are a few tips from Justine and Rev on raising a new generation of kids:
• Run your family as the COEs: Chief Officers of Everything.
• Understand that you can never correct what you don’t confront.
• Lead by example, not by preaching: Hypocrisy and parenting are a destructive combination.
• Today’s fast-paced world can often make children feel small; your job is to help them feel large.
• Older children need more rules and parental involvement, not less.
Rev and Justine Simmons have six children: Miley Simmons, 10-month, Vanessa, 25, Angela, 21, Jojo, 18, Diggy, 13, and Russy, 11.
Sounds like a great book!
I wasn’t very familiar with Rev Run. I did a little research and he is one of the founding members of hip hop group Run-D.M.C. and one of his older brothers is Russell Simmons, Def Jam Records co-founder.