New Parenting Book By Rev Run & Justine Simmons

Rev RunRev Run and Justine Simmons, of MTV’s reality television show Run’s House, want you to “take back your family.” The husband and wife team have written a new book on parenting titled “Take back Your Family: A  Challenge to America’s Parents. The book, which hits bookshelves on August 5th, will impart to readers principles by which the Simmons’ have used in raising their own children. Here are a few tips from Justine and Rev on raising a new generation of kids:

• Run your family as the COEs: Chief Officers of Everything.

• Understand that you can never correct what you don’t confront.

• Lead by example, not by preaching: Hypocrisy and parenting are a destructive combination.

• Today’s fast-paced world can often make children feel small; your job is to help them feel large.

• Older children need more rules and parental involvement, not less.

Rev and Justine Simmons have six children: Miley Simmons, 10-month, Vanessa, 25, Angela, 21, Jojo, 18, Diggy, 13, and Russy, 11.

Sounds like a great book!

I wasn’t very familiar with Rev Run. I did a little research and he is one of the founding members of hip hop group Run-D.M.C. and one of his older brothers is Russell Simmons, Def Jam Records co-founder.

1. Shannon says

I really have developed a strong connection with this family, their values, and their hardships. I, too, have recently experienced the loss of a child while being a faithful Christian. On Jan. 09, 2008 I gave birth to a stillborn baby boy named Trevon. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through! The Simmons strength and trust in God is very inspirational. I would love for Justine to start a support group!

2. violetsky says

Rev Run, is very domineering to his wife Justine in my opinion. Apart from that they seem very good parents to me.

3. Carol says

They seem to be good people. I started watching their show because my sister was in love with it. Nice family and I really live the Rev.

4. Jessie says

Yes, Oriana, Vanessa, Angela, and JoJo’s mom, Rev Run’s first wife (I think that’s who you’re talking about) is still living. She’s on their MTV show, “Run’s House”. I love that show.

5. Christine says

I love this family and their show too. They are so down to earth and family is everything to them. Their kids have turned out great (Vanessa, Angela & JoJo are actually from Run’s first wife, but they think of Justine as their mom too). I think any book by them would be great.

I like this family and I watch their show, he is a good father and a good person. Best Wishes to them!

7. jst me says

It know it may seem a little silly for an ex-rap star to write a parenting book but Run is great! They have a show on MTV called “Run’s House” and he and Justine are really great parents! The book may be worth checking out (so is the show)!