Martie Maguire & Husband Welcome A Daughter

Martie Maguire

(Above is an older pic of Martie and her twin girls)

Martie Maguire of the Dixie Chicks and her husband welcomed a daughter, Harper Rosie Maguire, on Friday in Austin, Texas, the musician announced.

The baby, who weighed 7 lb., 10 oz. and was 20.5 inches long, is the third child for Martie, 38, and her husband, Gareth Maguire, 33. The couple also have 4-year-old twin girls, Eva Ruth and Kathleen Emilie.

“Martie is doing very well and Gareth and the family are over the moon,” says a statement on the band’s Web site.

In January, Martie announced her pregnancy to People magazine – and revealed that she knew the baby’s sex. “I’m very excited,” she said at the time, joking, “Carrying one instead of two will be much easier.”

“My daughters Eva and Katie are very excited to have a new baby sister,” she said. “Three girls, what a magic number!”

Congratulations!

And below are some more adorable pics of the family!

Martie Maguire

Martie Maguire

Trying to wink…cute!

Martie Maguire

Comments

1. Tricia says

I GWB has approval rating 29% so Natalie was right! None of the other chicks said anything, so maybe your child want be mouthy like you!

2. 2teens says

Yes, I am still me. 🙂

I will go back to the small t, I haven’t posted in 3 weeks and for some reason I typed in a capital T.

I was unable to post on here for a few days, not really sure why. But then I went on vacation for a couple of weeks and when I got back I could post again.

Yes, they were fairly insistent on interviewing everyone in the family. Most children under 2 years (ie. Kariah) don’t have her verbal skills, but after several family visits, they knew that even she had her own opinions and is her own little person. Kimora and Kariah loved being involved in the process and were very cute.

Oriana…you’re really stuck on the little boy thing, aren’t you?! Hah! I know you only had boys, and that’s what you know, but I only have girls, so that’s all I know. 🙂

2teens, I tried to leave a post for you a few days ago, but I kept getting moderated, which had never happened to me before. I assume you’re still you, even though you’re capitalizing the “t” now!! 🙂 Did you change it because you were being moderated?

kimora’s mommy, glad to see you on here and you made me smile about the “three little girls”! Hope it is a little boy before too long!

5. Just me says

Yep, Oriana, teh dixie Chicks have cute kids but they’re all big mouths.

Yeah, the Dixie Chick apologized for their George Bush comments but it sooo wasn’t sincere. They were getting such bad press, they didn’t have any other choice.

I respect people for having their own opinions even though I don’t agree with them, which is the case with the Dixie Chicks. I just have a huge problem with the insults. A lot of people hate Elizabeth Hasselbeck for her conservative views, but at least she doesn’t ridicule others for what they believe.

6. 2Teens says

KX3’s mama, that has got to be a very exciting process to go through. I think it’s great that they interview the kids too, hee hee… that must have been amusing.

7. Nicki says

Kimora, Kariah, and Kajanae’s Mommy~Just checking. Well best wishes on whichevre way you decide to go. Such a wonderful and generous choice you and your family are making either way.

Awww, the interview with Kimora and Kariah must have been adorable.

Nicki- I already have 3 little girls, so I already have the magic number! 😉

No, it wasn’t meant to be a hint…we’re not sure yet who will be placed with us if we decide to go the route of adopting from foster care, and we’re not sure who will pick our family if we decide to adopt a baby domestically by preference of the birth mother.

Our family has been interviewed, including our two oldest girls ( although interviews with a 3-year old and an almost 2-year old can be quite interesting!), and our family profile is almost complete!

9. 2Teens says

Those little girls are so cute! I love the one where she is trying to wink!

Jill – You seem to feel very strongly about having the freedom to express YOUR opinion, yet when Martie expresses hers you call her “mouthy”. Why is that?

10. Blair says

OMG, CUTIE PATOOTIES!!! The toddlers bottles dont bother me….its the MOTHERS bottle that caught my eye. Is she drinking alcohol in front of her kids? I don’t in front of my kids…but I soppose it is ok every once in a while. I choose not to and feel that is the right decision for OUR family, but I don’t want to judge others so I just won’t comment. I’m sure they are being responsible, it just caught my eye.

11. Michelle says

Jill Im talking about the fact that you hoped they dont grow up to be as mouthy as she is and shes the shyest one of all and complety opposite of mouthy. Yeah you are entitled to your own opinion and shes entitled to her own parenting. As for biting you i wouldnt want you the least bit in my mouth.

12. Nicki says

Kimora, Kariah, and Kajanae’s Mommy~ahh, yes 3 lil girls is a magic number. Are you giving us a hint on the newest addition??? Best wishes to you, hubby, and the girls.

13. Nicki says

I love the last pic. The hat, the lil jean skirt, and the rainboots are so cute. And look at her sassy cute expression, adorable!

The first pic, the one kid has nothing in her bottle, and looks like nothing was in it. Maybe one kid needs the bottle, although with Mom drinking a beer, maybe they wanted something to drink also. Yes sippy cups were invented, but who knows. I love the last pic. Adorable.

14. woogie says

huh? way too old for the bottle! Now, she has three on the bottle and probably diapers too for the 2 year olds?

Gonna be hard to take away the bottle from the 2 year olds now with the new baby.

anyhow, her problem!

15. Rachel says

I’m not crazy about the name, but oh well it’s not my kid.

I hope her children grow up to be brave enough to stand up for what they believe in just like their mother. Maybe this country wouldn’t be in such trouble right now if more people had the guts to speak out against corruption.

Even if the girls were 2 in the photo, it’s still too old to be on the bottle. It’s lazy parenting. And some parents think indulgence is equal to love. If that’s the case, why not give them candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…. Since it’s what they want !

________________

that is your decison..Maybe she want her kids to suck on a bottle..what is the big deal? who cares? Come on

17. Momof4 says

Ummm….My 3 year old has that same shirt the twins are wearing. Actually it isn’t a shirt at all but a PAJAMA TOP from the Gap! Whatever…guess she was all about the saying on the shirt.

18. Michelle says

What are you even talking about Jill ? Shes so shy, as for the bottle its not your kids dont worry about.

Congrats love the name and love the Chicks!!!

19. Rijay says

20. chRISTIE says

first of all it says its and older photo of her twins!!!they look like they are around 2!!! and congrats to her on her new addition!!! and I’m sure she doesn’t give an s@#t what you say or think #2!!

21. Jill says

First of all- both of them are way too old for a bottle, second of all, I hope they don’t grow up to be as mouthy as she is.