Report: Angelina Jolie's Twins Conceived Through In Vitro!

Angelina Jolie

Us magazine is reporting that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt turned to fertility treatments to quickly conceive twins Knox and Vivienne.

“They conceived through in vitro fertilization,” a well-placed source within their camp told Us magazine. “They both desperately wanted more babies soon.”

The chance of having fraternal twins at Angelina’s age (33) naturally is under 1 percent; with in vitro, the chances are 25 percent. Said Dr. Arthur Wisot of L.A.’s Reproductive Medical Group (who did not treat the couple), “We live in an era of reproductive freedom, so anybody can do anything they want within legal limits.”

Angelina chose the procedure (which can cost around $12,000 a pop) so “she wouldn’t have to deal with the stress of trying to get pregnant,” the source told Us magazine. “She could just knock it out.”

Indeed, Angelina has spoken about her goal to do just that.

“If we’re going to have 10 kids, we’d like to raise them while we’re young,” she told Elle U.K. last year. Brad turns 45 on December 18th.

A source added: “They were too impatient.”

Knox and Vivienne – born in Nice, France on July 12th – join Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, and Shiloh, 2.

Check out the new issue of Us Weekly, available now, for the complete story on why Brad pushed Angelina for biological kids, who inspired her to choose pregnancy over adoption this time around, and how they plan to raise their six young children.

Wow! That seems sort of hard to believe!

1. Tammy B. says

It’s really trendy these days to have multiple births, so I think that Angelina just wanted her own set, so she tried In-Vitro. In-Vitro takes about a month, or one cycle (28-30 days). On a side note, natural twins are rare, but are more likely to occur in women closer to 40.

2. MrsTaylor says

Why wouldn’t Angie and Brad want everyone to see their babies, they are very proud parents and everyone should be happy for them and stop all this negative talk.

3. Analise says

I do not believe this story, but even if it were true, who cares? Healthy babies is all that matters.

Nicki, very interesting magazine, I had never seen it before, Thanks!!! I am so happy for Nicole also! I think Brad is steaming mad and I don’t blame him, I can see him throwing some punches too in a situation like that, if paps ever came into my backyard they would get some glorious pictures of Ozzy and three cats doing some funny things, they could sell them to an Animal magazine! Ha! But then I would have to worry about Paris Hilton wanting to buy Ozzy from me!

5. Syl says

I couldn’t care less HOW she got pregnant or how many children she and Brad have, but I do think it would be nice if each child had a bit more time for one-on-one with their parents. Six kids in six years? Come on, give the kids some individual love time!

I dont beleive angelina and brad used that to conceived vivienne and knox. her birth is natural same as shiloh no need the vitro for angelina, besides both family have twins ! that is 100 percent fabricated!

7. Fly On The Wall says

CNN reported that two papzs tried to sneak onto the J-P estate and were met by the J-P bodyguards and came to blows. Reportedly, Brad Pitt came out and told the papzs “if you want a war, you’ll have one.” I hope he sues them for everything they’ve got.

I think these paps have gone way over the line, look how there were pictures taken of Halle in her backyard that were posted also, they should be arrested for Invasion of Privacy, there should be laws against it, I am surprised the French officials didn’t step in, they seem to be more stricter over there.

9. susanna says

agree Laurie, in the public eye , privacy gone, especially Ange and Brad. Look at Cris and Gwyneth, no details at all about the birth of their children-one photo released , that couple know how to keep everything private, it can be done!!

10. Eli says

Cease & Desist…not seize and assist.

‘Cease’ means to stop and ‘Desist’ means not to do it again.

11. LAURIE HARRIS says

12. Jenna M. (UK) says

I’m glad In-Touch are in trouble over those photos. Nobody can blame Brangelina for threatening legal action. They were cute pictures sure, but when I realised what an invasion of privacy they were I felt creepy looking at them.

I know that if someone was taking pictures of my kids playing in the garden I’d head straight to the cops (providing I hadn’t killed the photographer first!).

13. laila says

Does it really matter how they had the twins? They are here and they are healthy… enough specultion already. Why does the media feel the need to know every detail of peoples lives.

14. Fly On The Wall says

41. Nicki | July 24th, 2008 at 10:55 pm

Nicki, I will be very happy to see fewer photos of the J-P clan in return for their privacy. I think the best thing their fans can do for them is leave them alone to enjoy their life.

I would be absolutely delighted to see In Touch sued into bankruptcy.

15. Nicki says

Amber – The funny thing is in this fake article they mention about her going to Iraq as being a reson for being to busy to “get busy with Brad Pitt.” What is strange is she was already pregnant with the twins when she went to Iraq to visit with the troops ans have lunch.

This is total BS.

16. Nicki says

Fly On The Wall ~ I know and they should be! I’m glad they (Brad and Angie) are asserting thier power! I didn’t like seeing the personal up close pics, but I did. Does that make sense? I guess I’m saying I am glad the naysayers see that they are happy, and a real family. But I am upset about the personal “up close” pics of them. I hope they sue thier butts off!!!!!

17. Amber says

Not like I believe everything that I read, but how can it be coincidence that so many celebrities are having twins. I don’t buy it. I could see her using in-vitro for convience. And I would be willing to bet Jennifer Lopez did in-vitro, she talked about trying to get pregnant for a long time and y’all know Marc Anthony is a fertile m’fer.

18. Jenna M. (UK) says

Three reasons I don’t believe this:

1.) Both Angelina and Brad have twins in their families which raises the chances of twins being conceived. You’d think this “Dr. Arthur Wisot” would know that.

2.) Angelina is only 33, plenty of time for her to keep conceiving naturally. I doubt she had to use IVF (and I doubt any woman would put themselves through IVF when they didn’t need to).

3.) The article is in US Magazine… enough said.

Anyway, printing an article speculating on how Knox and Vivienne were conceived is pretty much the same as printing that Nicole Kidman conceived standing up in a bus shelter: its none of their business and unless the parents confirm, impossible to know!

19. Nicki says

31. mslewis ~ Totally correct. I mean how more unbelievable could this story be? Oh OK while waiting for the invitro treatment to “kick in” , which apparently is like going to the dentists office to get your teeth cleaned, LOL, she did a movie and promoted another one. WOW She is a Superwoman!!

Quick someone write a script for Superwoman!

20. Nicki says

LOL, HA, HA, HA. SO true oriana! You nailed it. HA, HA, I totally agree with this……………”.I don’t believe anything this magazine writes, when your partner is Brad Pitt I would say it is untrue. ”

And I totally agree with believing anything this or any other rag mag writes. At Wal Mart today I glanced at them, everyone of them said something different. I saw In Touch-claiming first photos- I looked at it, and they did have exclusive photos of the family, by someone in a tree or a from areial shots. They were great clear shots, so the security team isn’t doing thier job. But at least 15 photos of everyone but the twins, of course, having a grand ole time. Grandma Jane in many shots having fun with the kids. Good pics but totally intrusive. I will say Zahara looked absouletly adorable playing with her brothers and cousin, in her “Pipi Longstockings” stripped socks. Too cute. Shiloh and Momma. Shiloh with Brad and getting sprayed with the water hose by Grandpa was too cute…..but also too intrusive in thier “own yard”. (but I will admit, they were great photos….Pax and his cousin playing in the giant ball was also too cute.) But leave them alone at thier home. I know they are a happy family, let them be at home….Please!!

I did look, but didn’t buy any rag mags. Actually In Touch was the best with pics, but too intrusive , if it were my backyard, I’d sue them!

21. Fly On The Wall says

US mag had a hissy-fit when Angelina brought Pax home from Vietnam. They were pissed off that People got all the pictures, so they ran a story about “Her Twisted Double Life”.

Now they have their panties in a bunch because they won’t get any pictures of the twins, so they are claiming the twins resulted from IVF, as if that makes them some kind of oddities.

This magazine is absolutely vicious. Everything they have printed about this family has been lies. I wouldn’t let my dog poop on it.

22. Anna says

First of all Congratulations Angie & Brad

For the Dr. Arthur Wisot , my mother @ 41 years old

had twins my brother and sister, I don’t know why

your giving that idea to the press.

23. mslewis says

James Haven never said any such thing!!! And just how much closer can you get children? Shiloh is TWO!!!

24. susanna says

two healthy baby’s,who cares either way-up to them.But hey stop now please take a break, concentrate now on the children you have !

25. Julie says

I dont know why everyone is so obsesed over this couple and think there having so many kids close together that are young.

26. Velma says

why is everything news with this couple. we no by now that they have a lot of kids and six little ones is going to be a handfull but i mean come on. you all are friends with 3 k’s just read her blog i couldnt blelieve it. she is adding to her family agian she say soon to be 4 k babys

27. mickywop says

I remember after Shiloh was born and her brother was talking about how Angie was trying to conceive again but was having trouble because she was going through a rough time emotionally right after the death of her mother. She was very underweight, depressed and busy/stressed — and all three make it really difficult to conceive a child.

They had always said they wanted to have another biological child right after Shiloh so it would be closer to Shiloh’s age, but it took them a lot longer than expected due to Angie’s mental and physical health. (All of this from James Haven, her brother, in an interview last year.)

I would not be at all surprised if this is true, despite it being from US Weekly (who fabricate their stories 90% of the time).

28. Marti says

Not that it really matters, but I don’t believe this story for one minute and anyone who would buy the rag that printed such crap, should be ashamed!

29. traveler says

Why are so many people concerned with Angelina and Brad’s family planning methods? Whether the twins were conceived naturally or through in vitro, who cares. Their decision to space their children close together, who cares. Jeez, it’s their family. They can build it how they want. You wouldn’t want someone criticizing your family would you? Of course not.

30. Fly On The Wall says

21. Eli

She got pregnant with Shiloh as soon as she decided to give Brad a baby. Why would she need fertility treatments? No reputable doctor will do in vitro before a couple has tried and failed to conceive for at least two years.

The story is BS.

31. mslewis says

Why would she have in vitro when her baby was less than 18 months old? Impatient??? That’s just silly. All that medicine and those shot is nothing to mess around with.

32. Fly On The Wall says

Any time a tabloid quotes a “source” or an “insider” or an unnamed “friend”, you can be sure it’s total bull.

It could be possible but I don’t believe anything this magazine writes, when your partner is Brad Pitt I would say it is untrue. The doctor’s report of less than 1 percent causes me to wonder but I still doubt it very much. Now, with Jennifer Lopez, that may be true in her case but with Angie, I seriously doubt it. Just like the “white light”, and a “source” that is total bull, her family and friends would not be a source about any gossip concerning her.

34. Olive says

What the heck?? would people just leave the couple alone???? jennifer lopez had twins naturally at age 37! and this doctor that they brought in for the interview didn’t treat the couple and it even says that! there also NOT impatient…. there;s nothing wrong with fertilization!!!!

35. Nicki says

It is very hard to believe. A source, a source, is this the same source who told them Angie wasn’t pregnant with twins, she was only having one baby? And why come out with this now? Why not when she “supposedly” had the treatments. She would have had to have the so called treatments while she was filming her movie with Clint.

As #9 stated it’s not that easy.

US rag mag makes it sound as easy as having your teeth cleaned. It’s laughable.

If anyone says she was gaunt and skinny………..Look at Nicole Richie………….she was very gaunt and very skinny and she got pregnant.

36. Julie says

Hey, whatever works! If this story is true, they are lucky to have the resources to undergo in vitro, possibly multiple times. This is a couple who seem really committed to each other, and I’m sure they were overjoyed to find out they were having twins. Good for them! Can’t wait for the pics!

37. Ali says

i dont believe they did in-vitro at all! in-vitro is a very hard and emotional not to mention draining process…. i think they were made during sex and yes, we can have twins without in-vitro…. besides who cares. they should take a break if you ask me…. LOL.

38. Lauren says

That may be plausible. Because before she got pregnant, she was really gaunt and skinny and the BOOM! She got pregnant and it was twins. So, it may be true…

39. pika says

I don’t really care how the K’nox and Viv got here. I just wish they’d take a break from adding to the brood for a few years. Yikes!

40. Fly On The Wall says

12. bambamswife | July 24th, 2008 at 12:32 pm

I still can’t stomach Jolie no matter what she does.

Then why are you on her thread? Nitwit.

41. mslewis says

I still can’t believe people actually believe a tabloid.

Tell me, WHY would a woman with a baby less than 18 months old want to do in vitro? Why would she be concerned about conceiving? Angelina had just had a baby. Why would she be under any “stress” and worried about having another one? Doesnt\’t make sense. I have a very close friend who underwent in vitro and, believe me, it wasn’t easy AT ALL!!! It takes months and months of tests, shots and medicine BEFORE the actual procedure to implant the embryo(s). The medicines are mood alternating and unpleasant. Why would a woman who has proven she can conceive naturally, do that.

Besides, there are twins in both Brad and Angelina’s families. Their having twins is not that strange. Anybody can have twins, my mother had two sets and, believe me, there was no intervention to make that happen!!!

42. bambamswife says

I believe that this is true. Hasn’t anybody noticed all the twins that celebrtities are having these days? Who cares anyway. All people can do what they want. I still can’t stomach Jolie no matter what she does.

43. chRISTIE says

what a load of crap!! and if its true, who cares how knox and vivienne were conceieved!!! its their babies and they are well loved!!!

44. Could it be says

Are you kidding me? Anyone who has ever been through IVF knows that you don’t just “knock ’em out.” It can be physically and emotionally draining. No one in their right mind who can conceive the traditional way would put themselves through this type of procedure.

45. miababy says

If some one is blessed enough to conceive naturally, why would you turn to In vitro? It is a very invasive procedure and not just a trip to the DR. I find it hard to believe…. and people are right it’s none of our business!

46. Fly On The Wall says

Would somebody explain to me why it is anybody’s damn business how someone else’s children were conceived?

Is anyone out there stupid enough to believe this “information” came from a reliable source? I mean, we’re talking about a tabloid, people!!

Anyone who accepts unverified information from a tabloid doesn’t waste a whole lot of time thinking, IMO.

47. oliviadog says

I believe it… With her career going full steam, 4 young children, her activism, constantly moving around – that is a lot of stress and it is hard to conceive with stress.

And then the fact that they are twins! Yup, she def had in-vitro and frankly, I think it is cool- if you can afford it, it is a great way to conceive!

48. Dnice says

This article made me laugh because I have a friend who is convinced that all these celebrities who have been having twins are doing this…she has been saying it for months…I don’t think I believe this at all. If it is true who cares, they can do what they want with their money – but I think I read somewhere that they both have twins in their families. But seriously, how much stress could be involved with getting pregnant by Brad Pitt, lol.

49. Jessica says

I just did In vitro a few weeks ago. They put two embryos in me and I find out next Wednesday if they took. It is a hard process to go through!

50. unknown says

Is US magazine a little bitter that the were not included in the picture bidding for the twins?

Every story they have published about Brad and Angelina this year has been wrong.

Didn’t they say they were having twin girls. Wrong.

Didn’t they say they were going to live at Mas Chapelle St. Sixte. Wrong.