Britney Spears Makes Surprise Appearance At Jenny McCarthy's Autism Charity Fundraiser

Britney Spears

Britney Spears

Britney, 26, made a surprise appearance at a fundraiser for Jenny McCarthy’s autism charity Generation Rescue in LA on Saturday.

As guests like Jim Carrey and Charlie Sheen and wife Brooke Mueller made the rounds, Britney sipped on red wine.

Jim’s daughter Jane also belted out a few Frank Sinatra and Jackson 5 tunes.

Britney “definitely looked happy,” a witness told Us magazine. “She was clapping and smiling a lot.”

It was Britney’ first public outing since reaching a custody agreement with ex Kevin Federline last week.

While Kevin gets sole custody, Britney gets three visits a week from Sean Preston, 2 1/2, and Jayden James, 1 1/2, including two overnights.

If all goes well, she could have her boys roughly 40 percent of the time, her attorney, Laura Wasser, has said.

Laura Wasser told the Associated Press the “difference” in Britney “from the beginning of this year to now is astonishing.”

Britney is spending her summer recording a new album.

Comments

1. gabbieua says

Jenny McCarthy and the NEW age INFILTRATION OF AUTISM COMMUNITY:
    Where does Mccarthy get her inspiration and belief that influences her writings and claims about curing her autistic child? First, her kid was never autistic. He was misdiagnosed, which isn’t hard to do, if you don’t wait. The doctor didn’t wait. He did a drive by analysis and diagnosed her son in one day. Moreover, Jenny McCarthy get her inspiration to deceive and lie-as she smiles and sells her product, from people like Esther Hicks (LAWS OF ATTRACTION) and Eckette Tollte (power of now). Dear Ester and hubby Jerry Hicks, BY THE WAY, present workshops on the Law of Attraction and appeared in the first release of the film The Secret The Hickses’ books are — according to Esther Hicks — Channelled from a group of ALIEN BEINGS called Abraham (Hicks describes what she is doing as tapping into “infinite intelligence.. This explains why Jenny, in her intellectual (ha, ha) book, “mother warriors,” TAPS INTO THE SUPERNATURAL AND tells the reader, she prays to the dead. It also explains why mCcARTHY thinks if your child isn’t cured of autism, then you must not want to ‘be left alone in autism”. In short, if your child isn’t cured of autism and you challenge her on her non autistic child getting healed OF AUTISM, U MUST BE jealous, and must not want to be left alone in your smaller universe OF NON HEALED AUTISM…May McCarthy be exposed for the fraud she is. And for the lies (mixed with truths) and misinformation (mixed with facts) she is spreading. These are the most difficult people for other people to spot, especially when they are posing as servants of “righteousness” and “helpers” and “healers.” Modern day charlatans.

Jim is just getting older, and no amount of Botox will stop that, he has a very sharp suit on, love it!!!!

I think Britney looks great but I agree, she has lost a lot of her fan base, I do think she will sell more records but I never thought she could sing that well to begin with. She certainly cannot compare to Christina! I think Jenny should have worn something besides those boots with her dress, doesn’t look right at all! I was surprised to hear she agreed to giving up her kids but once again, more proof she isn’t ready to be a full on mother. The pictures of Sean taking cigarettes out of pack, looking up at her sneaky, knowing he wasn’t supposed to be doing it, and she looked oblivious in the picture. Maybe she noticed and took them away and those pictures weren’t taken, but I don’t think she will ever reach the same amount of fame that she once had. I blame her mother for a lot of her problems, more so, than Kevin, who may be a good father to these kids, but I don’t forget he dumped his pregnant girlfriend for Brit. I think he was a loser wanting to hit it big and boy, he sure did!!!!!

4. DMITZ says

Ms. Sugar Butt –
    I think you should let people express their opinions. I’ve noticed you go trying to enforce your opinion on everyone and sorry hon, we won’t always agree.

I’m proof Brit has lost some fan base. My friends, my family, and I can’t stand her anymore. I was rooting for her but I didn’t see this coming (her giving up her kids).

I do think it’s the best thing for the boys though.

So let’s think about what we’re talking about before we open our mouths, K?

Although we may not be the world, any fan lost is one less CD bought, NO?

5. Bee says

Brit looks great! I think that when she does get better in the future she might regain some or full custody of the babies if she fully recovers.

6. laila says

Is it me or is Jim Carrey getting scarry looking? He is not aging well at all. I use to think he was cute . The lines on his face are very deep and the bulging eyes ewwww….. and he’s is a little freaky looking. Does anyone else see this ?

7. Nicki says

Britney does look fantastic here. Good for her. Jenny is as always looking good. I love Jenny’s boots, just not with this outfit. This is a terrible pic of Jim, others from this night he looks normal.

8. Sasha says

I’m rooting for Britney! She looks great and I hope she continues following this positive path. She deserves it.

9. Dnice says

So glad to see that Britney has taken positive steps to getting her life back on track. If she continues to take it one day at a time she will get to be back with her boys and I believe she can regain her status and have an amazing comeback. She hasn’t lost this fan, I still root for her.

10. laila says

Britney looks like her old self gain. So happy that she’s getting her life together and in time she’ll get more time with her boys.
    Her agreement actually gave her 1 more day with the boys. 3 days a week instead of 2 with sleep overs. She’ll have time with them and time to get her career back on track as well.

11. Sharrie says

Britney looks great. Kudos to her for getting the help she needs and for her father for stepping in and getting her the help. Hopefully she will be able to get custody of her boys somewhere down the road. WTG Britney!

I don’t think she will ever have the same fan base she once had.

That isn’t true…She will always have a big fanbase..Although her album didn’t do that good in America..OVERSEAS she stacked up! So..I don’t know where that info came from..OH..I forgot u thought

She looks great…but i’m so sad that she had given up her children , she was so close to have them
    _____________________

I am so sad too! I know kevin is a fraud and he just want more money..He isn’t the best parent in my eyes. I wish that her parents would have gotten custody of her kids..but then again..LOOK how they raised their kids..I love Britney, and I wish her the best! kevin, parenting skills isn’t out in the world for everyone to see, but If I could count on one hand how many times I have seen his eyes red and chick around him..I couldn’t count on one hand!

She looks nice and I like that she hanging out with Jc and JM..I love them too

14. DMITZ says

Britney looks beautiful, like her old self again. But truth remains, I just don’t look at her the same anymore. I don’t think she will ever have the same fan base she once had.

maybe britney gave up her boys is because she dosent feel ready to have them over more and more its only been 6 months or so that she had her breakdown and i could see shes busy making a new album she probably will feel bad not spending time with her boys.

16. Candy says

17. boo says

Brit looks great!! Hopefully her troubled past remains in the past and she will go forward from here! She definitely looks to be getting back on track, Good for her 🙂