Kimora Lee Simmons Will Not Let Her Daughters Show Their Midriff

Kimora Lee Simmons

(In the above pic Kimora was snapped with her daughters at a luncheon with children from the Make-A-Wish Foundation at the American Girl Place on July 16th in New York City.)

Kimora Lee Simmons has shared that she will not allow her daughters Ming, 8, and Aoki, 5, to wear revealing styles.

“I would not let my daughters show their midriff,” she said this week at the New York City launch of her new juniors line at JCPenney. It was even tough for her to see Ming in her halter dress. “That’s a lot for me,” she admitted.

“I feel like I’ve exposed my kids to a lot,” Kimora said of her parenting philosophy. “We do lead a very high-voltage life so we have to taper back in other ways.”

It’s an attitude that Kimora, 33, and her boyfriend, Djimon Honsou, 44, share. “He’s very protective of them,” she said.

Djimon certainly acted like a member of the family at the launch party at Hiro. He hugged Aoki, and quickly swept the girls away from the cameras while their mother answered questions on the red carpet.

Kimora and Djimon are also a strong team. “We help each other do everything,” Kimora said. “He’s very supportive.”

Djimon also helped Kimora heal after her divorce from mogul Russell Simmons, 50, the father of Ming and Aoki. “I know that women everywhere, especially with kids, understand what I’m saying. It’s difficult when you go through a break-up, and it’s heavenly to find a supportive system,” she said.

Comments

1. blueeyes8787 says

Wow! i like how a lot of people can hate soo much on kimora just because she wants her children to be children as long as she can. Now seriously, what is wrong with kimora wanting her children to stay covered up? Is she a bad parent because of that? Children need to be children and not grow up so quick and look their AGE. theres a time and a place for everything and right now, her kids are still kids. I say..they live in her house-its her rules..thats how it was in my house and I think I grew up just fine.

2. Nicki says

11. Kelli &12. Moan4MeMony ~ I love when more than one person is totally right! It is funny that she hasn’t been back to “yell at you in CAPS” to try to prove her point. Too funny, and you are both so spot on.

3. Moan4MeMony says

Ms. Sugar Walls

First of all i couldn’t care less about Kimora and her family but I’m not jealous of her by any means. And for future reference a “prick” is a part of the male body and I am all female. Oh WOW you know when she is from anyone could know that she is from St. Louis and its not a far stretch from you just residing in the same area. That clearly doesn’t mean you know her family. Secondly I do not have a cracked face, I happen to think that it is a sad day when all someone can comment on is something or someone that do not know. Your comments really make you sound like a teenager while I am conducting myself as the 22 year old adult that I am.

4. Kelli says

Sugar Walls, please, PLEASE get some help. You come across like an insane idiot and not even a little bit credible. Is this your intent?

That said, if Kimora slept with HUNDREDS of men, who cares? Last I checked, consenting adults are allowed. Don’t judge, dear, unless ye be judged.

Kimora may be spoiled and a bit over the top, but I think I kind of “get” her and I admire her choices. What I admire most, however, is how she seems to truly be a hands on parent and she not only mothers her girls, she makes them an active part of the family business (which they will inherit from BOTH parents). When the time comes they will be prepared to run their empire. That to me is cool.

So. Ms. Sugar Walls you go from talking crap about Celebs but now you talk about Kimora Lee Simmons and then turn around and CLAIM that you know her family… that sounds like a crock. But if it were true then if i were that family I would so get away from you and sue you for slander because you really can’t know every detail of her private life all you really can know is what you are shown or told. GET A LIFE FOR REAL your comments are starting to sound alot like jealously. And its never a pretty look.
    **************************************************

YOU SOUND LIKE U ARE JEALOUS OF ME KNOWING HER FAMILY! I NEVER SAID “THAT WE WERE CLOSE” AND PRICK, SHE IS FROM ST. LOUIS, AND THAT IS WHERE I RESIDE..SO..PLEASE PICK UP YOUR CRACKED FACE..I DON’T WANT IT TO BE MORE CRACKED THAN IT ALREADY IS..HAVE U EVER HEARD OF??? OIL OF OLAY?

6. Moan4MeMony says

At ages 8 and 5 I wouldn’t expect her or anyone to let their children show their midriffs…seems kind of common sense related and not news worthy in my opinion.

8. TiredOfIdiots says

#2:

Basically, it is her business to know who she has slept with! Not ours! Do we condemn men for doing the same thing?!?! No we don’t – We women need to stick together and stop hating on each other over n-o-t-h-i-n-g. And what her daughters choose to do as adults will be their business as well.

***********************

Yeah….that is right NIki..keep reading those Tabloids..They are the real truth? I don’t think so! I happen to know her family!

10. Nicki says

Her kids are cute. Good to hear of some boundries with them in the limelight.
    Now if I were to go through a divorce I for one could make it through with the help of Djimon Honsou,lol. Seriously!

#2 Who has Kimora supposedly slept with? One person, Dijmon, after they filed for divorce? Wow!