Reportedly Knox Leon Was Almost Named Rex Leon

Angelina Jolie

Reportedly Brad and Angelina’s baby boy, Knox, came very close to being called Rex. A source told Rush & Molloy that just six weeks ago, the star couple ordered an embroidered play mat from Plain Mary for “Rex Leon Jolie Pitt.” He’s still getting one of the $190 mats (with a new monogram), as is his sister Vivienne.

And reportedly the bidding war for the first pictures is heating up. The newspaper in Nice, France claims they made a deal for $11 million. But some reports claim the battle continues and the pictures will most likely get around $15 to $20 million. Wow!

Comments

1. bradfan says

I think it perfectly fine to sell the baby pics. There are going to be pics of them no matter what ,so why not help the world by donating the money to charity? At least if they sell the pics to a decent mag like People, the pics will be good quality so we can actully see what the lil darlings look like instead of some grainy, out of focus, crap that you can’t tell what species of baby they are.And as far as their names go I think most people tend to not like the name their parents give them whether it is unusual or run of the mill. But as you mature you figure out that it really doesn’t matter what your name is ,but what kind of person you are that matters. Brad and Angie could have named them Cow and Chicken and they’d still be rich,famous and beautiful!!!

#18 – Two Thumbs Up for your research. You are absolutely correct. I read every word of your comments and I did not get tired of reading it.

3. Fly On The Wall says

20. letitbe | July 16th, 2008 at 2:43 pm
    Fly On The Wall , I am sure granny got tried of read you’re commet.
    ********************************************************

She got “tried of read” my “commet”?

I think you got tired of school in the second grade.

(P.S. “you’re” is a contraction of “you are”. “Tried of read you are commet” makes no sense whatever. BTW, what is a “commet”? One of those things in the sky that reappears every hundred years or so?”)

4. Granny says

#19 No I’m not tired of reading your comments. It was a lot to read and I just got tired of researching anymore so I quit where I did.

I do think it proves that we don’t always know everything about these people. It also humbles me to know that I probably don’t do near what I could, and mine would be just on a local level.

5. Fly On The Wall says

17. Granny | July 16th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

I got tired just reading all that. I have enormous admiration for Angelina for turning a self-destructive life around and doing something positive. She is proof positive that if you really want to change, you can change.

6. Fly On The Wall says

Emily, you remind me of this lunatic woman who posts on the fan sites. Her hatred of Angelina is absolutely pathological and she goes into endless rants calling her a whóre, a bítch, a slút and every other name you can imagine. So I asked her, once and for all, why do you hate this person so much? and surprise, she opened up. She said years and years ago her partner had left her for another woman and the pain was unimaginable, etc. etc. I was like, b*tch, please… I can relate to your pain, who hasn’t been there at one time or another, but Angelina Jolie did not steal your man. Why are you taking all your pain out on someone who had nothing to do with it? And if you’re the kind of person who goes around carrying a grudge for years, no wonder you got dumped. The man probably sensed how disturbed you are and got out while the gettin’ was good.

I have a feeling most of Angelina’s haters are like this person — angry, bitter women who got dumped and never recovered. Hey, sh*t happens. We’ve all been there. You get rejected, you get hurt, you get angry, you get depressed, but unless you are totally pathetic, you get over it. To all you haters out there: life is too short to keep hurting. Stop over-identifying with this situation. Your name is not Jennifer Aniston. The louse who dumped you is not named Brad Pitt. And the woman he dumped you for is not named Angelina Jolie.

7. Granny says

People can like her work or not, but she is a formidable person on the file of donations and humanitarian work. I don’t think many if any of us on the site could compete. This is just a small part of what I found.

UNHCR.org. August 23, 2001. AJ ‘s donation was of $1 million and she covered her own expenses.

Reuters AlertNet . May 10, 2007.AJ and BP donated $1 to relief organizations in Chad and Darfur

UNHCR.org. June 10, 2002 Accessed National Center for Refugee and Immigrant Children, an organization that provides free legal-aid to asylum-seeking children $500,000

Jolie/Pitt Foundation initial donations to Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders $1 million each

Namd Goodwill Ambassador by UNHCR – not a small feat
    Regularly attends World Refugee Day in Washington, D.C.,

Invited speaker at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2005 and 2006.

Jolie lobbying humanitarian interests in the U.S. capital, where she met with congressmen and senators at least 20 times from 2003.] She explained in Forbes:

Jolie took part at a National Press Club luncheon, where she announced the founding of the National Center for Refugee and Immigrant Children, an organization that provides free legal-aid to asylum-seeking children with no legal representation.

AJ filmed a MTV special, The Diary Of Angelina Jolie & Dr. Jeffrey Sachs in Africa, portraying her and noted economist Dr. Jeffrey Sachs on a trip to a remote group of villages in Western Kenya. There, Sachs’s United Nations Millennium Project team is working with locals to end poverty, hunger and disease. In 2006, Jolie announced the founding of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which made initial donations to Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders of $1 million each.Jolie also co-chairs the Education Partnership for Children of Conflict, founded at the Clinton Global Initiative in 2006, which helps fund education programs for children affected by conflict.

2003, she was the first recipient of the newly created Citizen of the World Award by the United Nations Correspondents Association.

2005, she was awarded the Global Humanitarian Award by the UNA-USA.

Cambodia’s King Norodom Sihamoni awarded Jolie Cambodian citizenship for her conservation work in the country on August 12, 2005; she has pledged $5 million to set up a wildlife sanctuary in the north-western province of Battambang and owns property there.]

In 2007, Jolie became a member of the Council on Foreign Relations,[ and she received the Freedom Award by the International Rescue Committee.

8. Fly On The Wall says

15. suzianne | July 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm
    ********************************************************

Can you blame them? Anybody with half a brain would do the same.

9. suzianne says

Giving to charity is wonderful but remember, they can claim the amount against their income so it is a win win situation for charity and them. They know what they are doing and may even get money back from the IRS….

Hello.. Earth to Emily. The money is going to Charity. Got it? CHARITY.. They are not keeping the money for themselves like Matthew, J-Lo, and countless others. Children around the world need the supplies that this money could buy them. God Bless this couple who not only contributes their time and their own personal money, but they find a way to come up with millions upon millions for the homeless and needy. If selling pictures of their children will save a life of even one child, then I say again, God Bless them BOTH. I LOVE THIS COUPLE. Do your homework Emily before you open your trap and bad-mouth people who are only trying to help others, however they do it.

11. Emma says

I didn’t enjoy the possessed storyline, but I still think it had much fewer holes in it than the Rex/Cassie crap. That storyline gave me a headache from start to finish.

12. Just me says

Hahahaha Emma, I forgot about the “Starlight Twins “or whatever they were called.
    And the girl twin got killed and stuffed in a pinata, and they broke it open on Christmas and out she dropped. I rarely only catch that show once or twice a year if I’m home sick from work but that’s one that I saw.

13. Candy says

I’m not a big fan of Knox ..but also i don’t like Rex..you know i used to have a dog named Rex, soit won’t be good to see a little boy named after him..so Knox is good

14. Emma says

“I dont’ really like Knox or Rex, which reminds me of a dog’s name.”

All I can think about when I hear the name Rex is Days of Our Lives and what was quite possible the worst storyline in soap history.

15. Fly On The Wall says

5. Emma | July 16th, 2008 at 12:35 pm
    ___________________________________________

ITA. People are fascinated by this family no matter what they do. As long as all the money goes to charity, I say buy away.

16. Just me says

I dont’ really like Knox or Rex, which reminds me of a dog’s name.
    Knox sound more like the Jolie Pitts.

17. Emma says

I think I prefer the name Rex more than Knox.

And I see nothing wrong with them selling the pictures. If they don’t sell the pictures then there will be a media frenzy with photographers doing a bunch of dangerous stuff to try to get pictures, and then the photographer will be the one who profits from the sale. I would much rather see the pictures sold by the parents with the proceeds going to charity, then to see the money going to some opportunistic photographer.

18. JANIE says

I LOVE JOLIE BUT IM NOT SO SURE ABOUT PITT. I LOVE TO SEE PICTURES ABOUT ANGELINA AS I AM A BIG FAN OF HERS. I AM GOING TO SEE WANTED WHEN I GET THE MONEY TO GO. SHE SEEMS TO BE SO SWEET AND I LIKE HER DAD TOO. GOOD LUCK WITH THEIR TWINS. BABY SHILOH IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

19. traveler says

Who says they are even involved in the bidding war? Maybe they’ve already chosen who will get the pictures and the bidding war involves other magazines trying to change their mind. Or maybe the bidding war is just a rumor as most stories about the JPs are. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge if I were you. You don’t have all the information. None of us do.

20. nanda says

if i could help lots poor children just by selling my kids pics i would. Bad names thoug. I liked Vivienne but Rex, Knox… Ew..!

21. Emily says

Sick, they should just go outside the hospital with their babies and be done with it, they have no class regarding this bidding war. In fact, I think they LOVE the attention. More of these stupid celebrities need to act like Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban in stating they will not succumb to “selling their baby’s picture”. What a joke