Angelina's Obstetrician Shares That The Twins Are 'So Cute'

Brad Pitt

Angelina Jolie brought her twins into the world on Shabbat.

That fact may have been overlooked last Saturday by the thousands of media outlets covering the birth, which took place at Lenval Hospital’s Santa Maria Clinic.

But the timing did not escape Dr. Michel Sussmann, Angelina’s Jewish obstetrician.

“The delivery was very emotional and exceptional as Ms. Jolie is a superstar, but I think that it happened on Shabbat made it that much more moving,” Dr. Michel Sussmann said during an exclusive interview with JTA.

Angelina Jolie’s twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline are “so cute,” Dr. Michel Sussmann, told The Jewish Journal Tuesday.

“It was not an easy operation – a second cesarean with twins is difficult – but it went perfectly,” he said of the cesarean he performed to deliver the two five-pound babies Saturday at the Fondation Lenval hospital in Nice, France.

Brad Pitt cut the umbilical cord.

“The delivery was very emotional and exceptional as Ms. Jolie is a superstar, but I think that it happened on Shabbat [Saturday] made it that much more moving,” Dr. Michel Sussmann said.

“Jolie and Pitt were always laughing and having a good time together, even during the birth operation,” the doctor added.

Dr. Michel Sussmann told the Journal that while is he is the 33-year-old actress’ doctor, that doesn’t mean he wants to be her friend.

“We had an excellent rapport,” he said. “She is so, so nice and never complained about anything. There are negative things sometimes written about her on the Internet, but don’t believe them.”

Comments

1. momof1.5 says

This doctor has a really big mouth and must be enjoying the fame this is giving him. Enough, already, doc!!

2. lily says

Angelina & Brad are perfectly matched couple, They are takes over any news, We love this couple and children.

3. Fly On The Wall says

5. Jacki | July 16th, 2008 at 11:09 pm

I think the biological children have a different significance for Brad.

*****************************************************

I very much doubt that. In his CNN interview with Larry King he totally related to what King said about the late Bob Considine: “I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.”

4. Lauren says

I find it very strange that her doctor keeps talking about the birth. I mean, it’s a private thing and he keeps releasing statements about it.

5. Jacki says

I think the biological children have a different significance for Brad. His beautiful biological kids are a symbol of his love for Angie. The other kids are not creations from his attraction for that woman. Though I am sure that he loves the kids and enjoys them as if they were his own children.

6. Keri says

I heard that Nicole Kidman ceased trying to sell Sunday Rose’s photos because nobody would offer up a high enough amount of money. Brad and Angie are being offered a lot because they are the hottest couple in the world and these are twins, a boy and a girl. Nicole wants her baby to have the spotlight but she should just be happy with what is offered. I won’t be surprised if she waits for Angie and Brad’s twins to be on a mag cover before she decides to sell photos of Sunday Rose!

7. Tanil says

I”m sure the twins are cute, but it he didn’t actually say that in the quote. I think Shiloh looked adorable on the PEOPLE cover, but I can’t wait to see what these kids are gonna look like. Wow, Brad must be very happy because he has a boy too and 2 girls that he is gonna have to hold on tight too and not let any boys steal from him!