Jon Voigt Says That Angelina's Twins Are A 'Big Deal'

Angelina Jolie

Jon Voight can’t contain his excitement over his two new grandchildren.

Of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s newborn twins, son Knox Leon and daughter Vivienne Marcheline he says, “They’re Brad and Angie’s babies. There isn’t anything more exciting than that. Of course my heart is with them and all my love goes to them. I was very excited.”

Jon can’t say how he found out the news, but he says he’s got his bags packed just in case he has to head out of town any time soon.

“If they call me, I’m going to find a way, but I haven’t got the call yet,” he said.

Angelina recently admitted to Vanity Fair that she and her father had contacted each other after years of not speaking. She told the magazine in May, “We don’t really have a relationship, but we’re in contact. And wish each other well.”

Jon, whose niece has twins, says the gene might run in the family.

“Angie’s got a handful. She knows it, too. Twins are a big deal. Even if they’re the world’s most remarkable sleep oriented, calm children, two kids at the same time is a big deal,” he said.

Awww…I hope he gets to see Knox and Vivienne!

Comments

1. name not important says

Laila thankyou for pointing out the fact that this is not a war. But you need to realize that just because you have very strong opinions they are not always right and sometimes other people decide what is best for their family and at the moment that is what angelina is doing. i do not care if you had problems in your family and you still let your children see there relatives quite frankly nobody cares about what goes on in your life. i am not trying to sound rude but if they were wanting to know about you then your pic would be on the site and we would be commenting on it.

2. laila says

this is not a war and people don’t have to take sides but since you like to act like this is grade school have fun

3. name not important says

Letitbe- I do not know why you responded like that. Probably because you do realize that you are double standard and hypocritical and only understand things that are spoonfed to you. If anyone is the poor thing it is you because you take such a long time to grasp things that are soo simple.

Emma- I totally agree with you.

Laila- Shove it-you make no sense and have verbal diarrhea.

4. Cassie says

My last comment was not an attack just the way i feel. As an example Not once has he spoke about pax ( try googling his and pax’s name not once does their names come up on the same website.)

5. Cassie says

I really don’t like this man he seems two faced to me. He trys to make out like he is a loving grandfather when it is related to shi or the twins but not the other three. All kids should feel love and i don’t think he can love mad, z and pax as grandkids.

6. excuseitall says

Oh please. Stop with all this already. Brad and Angelina wouldn’t care who/what/how you all are.
    They are waaaaaaaaaaaay outta your league. Suck it up, and forgetaboutit.

7. traveler says

Wendy:

Considering the fact that even Jennifer Aniston said that Brad Pitt didn’t cheat on her, I’m going to believe that Angelina and Brad are telling the truth.

8. barbedwireiscool. says

I think that Angie & Brad are the only ones who are allowed to decide who assosciates with their children, as they are the parents and have every right to dissallow someone from seeing their children if they believe that person will do them any harm.

sorry if this comment doesn’t make sense, but I’m half asleep, as it’s around 1:30 am.

9. laila says

Boy Emma that was a mouthful.. just because I don’t agree with you is not a reason to go on a rant….I don’t claim to know all the facts just as you do not know all the facts Only Angie and her dad know for sure.
    I have faith in mankind and I am trusting.. My life has been good and I have no reason to be bitter nulike you who seems to have lost something along the way. I’m sorry your life has been so horrible you have lost your faith in mankind but it’s you who are the hater here not me.

10. Wendy says

Angelina’s beef against her father has to do with Voight’s cheating on Angie’s mom many years aho. Course that didn’t stop Angelina from getting involved with Brad Pitt when he was still married to Jennifer Aniston.

11. laila says

blah blah blah when are you going to stop blabbing already? fighting fighting fighting… stop already you are a bore…

12. Emma says

“my agrument with my mother in law does not concern their relationship with their grandmother It is wrong to intervene in a special relationship that a child has with a grandparent”

That’s really lovely that the problems you have with your MIL don’t affect your children. But try to step outside your own life for 2 seconds (or is that too complicated for your simple brain to grasp), because there are some grandparents whose issues to spill over into their relationship with their grandchildren. You are serious naive if you think that all grandparents are loving, stable people who are appropriate influences for children.

“Did anyone ever teach youthat people are bascially good…. they just make mistakes. People in general arent’ out to hurt one another ever hear the word forgiveness?”

You really are simple minded. Not all people are good, not all people are harmless. I assume people are good and decent until they give me a reason not too. And if a relative gives me a reason not to trust them anymore then you can d#amn well bet I’m not going to give them a chance to harm my children. And you can forgive someone and still not let them anywhere near your children. Some people don’t change and you are living in a fantasy land if you think that they always do. I’m glad you can wrap yourself in a cloak of simplicity and pretend like bad things never happen and people are always harmless, but those of us who are living here in reality know otherwise. Your hateful posts have proven already that not all people are decent and good, you clearly aren’t.

“Some of you obviously have family issues of your own that you can make the asumpumtions that you do about Jon Voight.”

You are the only one here making assumptions. Everyone else here said IF. You are the only one who is claiming to know for sure exactly what Jon is like.

“you are is a big mouth idiot”

Dragging this discussion down to a kindergarten level only makes you look foolish and hateful.

“Just because you have child molester in your family is no reason to assume others have your life scenario it’s obvious you have issues and you don’t need to be in here criticizing other bloggers until you’ve worked on your own problems…”

Once again I said IF. Are you unable to understand what the word if means? Maybe you should go look it up and stop wasting everyone’s time claiming they said things they never said. And the only person spewing hatefulness here is you. You have consistenly drug this discussion down to a five years olds level while all around you people are trying to have a civilized discussion. I probably should have never responded to any of your posts because it’s obvious that (like a five year old) you thrive on negative attention. So from now on I am going to treat your immature, hateful, pointless tantrums the same way I would a five year olds: I’m ignoring them. Your words do not deserve the attention they have been given up to this point, and it’s obvious you enjoy trying to rile people up. So, from now on, you don’t exist.

13. Lauren says

We don’t know the exact reason why Angelina and her dad stopped talking. She’s even said they’re taking the necessary steps to form some type of a relationship. It’s up to her if she wants her children around her dad. For all we know, Jon can be some kind of weirdo!

14. Katherine Clay says

I think that all people who have had dificulties are given an experience and/or an opportunity to right wrongs. Both parties, Angelina and her father need to take advantage of this one. Children learn from their parents example. I think it would be a shame if one of she and Brad’s children chose to deal with difficult situations like she and her father have.

15. Nicki says

The fact of the matter is Angie wasn’t the first celebrity to not want one of her parents involved with her children, nor will she be the last.
    Many celebrities with children don’t speak to a parent. That is thier choice, and quite frankly nobody’s buiness.
    She made a decision, one she feels is right and that’s all there is to it.

16. nosoupforyou says

Jon needs to keep their relationship out of the public eye.
    Why can’t he learn that?

Angelina is the children’s mother. It is up to her how much and if any contact her children have with their grandfather.

17. Fly On The Wall says

32. Melissa | July 15th, 2008 at 7:28 pm
    Many people could consider HER emotionally unstable.
    ***************************************************

On what basis? She had a wild childhood? So did a lot of people. That doesn’t mean they didn’t get their heads on straight when they grew up.

She is 33 years old. Name one thing she’s done in the past ten years that could be considered remotely “unstable”.

18. Melissa says

Many people could consider HER emotionally unstable. One day she will do something that may alienate her children. Hopefully they will be more forgiving of her than she has been with her father. Unfortunately, they are learning about forgiveness from her.

19. laila says

And on a last note all I’m going to say is sfter all theis who ha thwe fact Angie and her dad are talking and seem to be moving toward a relationship at the present time so all you Jon Voight haters go eat that for dinner!!!!

20. laila says

21. laila says

Emma want to talk about WILD ASSUMPTIONS everything you stated is an assumption don’t criticize others when you are no better yourself all you are is a big mouth idiot

22. laila says

Look I believe in peace not fights with family… my agrument with my mother in law does not concern their relationship with their grandmother It is wrong to intervene in a special relationship that a child has with a grandparent Grandparents have some things to offer children , an insight to their own parents when they were children it is special Angie may well be angry with her dad he may have said stupid comments but trying purposely to sabbotage her adoption??? do you really believe thats true.??
    Did anyone ever teach youthat people are bascially good…. they just make mistakes. People in general arent’ out to hurt one another ever hear the word forgiveness? You all assume you know for a fact Jon Voight did something terrible to Angie when in fact all he did was tick her off. and she hasn’t forgiven him what does thi say about her?
    Some of you obviously have family issues of your own that you can make the asumpumtions that you do about Jon Voight. Ever consider being a bit more trusting in your fellow man?

23. Emma says

“I don’t believe disagreements bewtween parents and children should be carried in to the next generation. Family is family and if they are decent people (and I believe Jon is no worse than Angie) he should not be kept apart from the grandchildren The differences should be worked out the next generation should not lose out on a very important relationship with their grandparents. They are in no danger from this man..”

You are making wild assumptions here. You do not know that Angelina is keeping the kids away from her father because of stuff that happened between the two of them. It could be that she is keeping them away because he is a danger to them. And just so you don’t get confused I said COULD BE. And the key part of your post is “if they are decent people” – you don’t know if Jon is a decent person or not, I think that Angelina is more qualified to decide that then you do.

As for your comment about “a very important relationship with their grandparents” : That relationship is only very important if it is stable and emotionally healthy. Not all grandparents bring positives into their grandchildren’s lives, some bring nothing but negative. You seem very naive in your assumption that grandparents are always important in their grandchildren’s lives.

And your statement that they are “in no danger from this man…” is laughable. You just lectured me about how I don’t know everything that is going on in the situation and then you went on to play the expert, claiming to know he is no danger. You don’t know that. You are seriously naive if you think all dangerous people look naive. I keep my children away from a family member, and I get lectured all the time about how I shouldn’t do that because the children deserve to have their family around and he’s just a harmless old man, but since I know for a fact that he’s a child molester there’s no way he will be coming anywhere near my children. So tell me laila, would you let your children hang around with a child molester just because he appeared to be harmless to casual observers. Or a less extreme case: would you allow your children to hang around with someone who emotionally abuses them just because that person is able to fool casual observers into believing he is just a harmless old man who only wants to see his grandchildren. Because anyone who would let public opinion dictate what is best for their children is a person who doesn’t deserve those children to begin with. It’s sad that people like you can’t see the complexities in life, and can’t see that there might be more than meets the eye.

24. Emma says

“Like I said you people seem to know it all and that is not the case. You make it seem like he is a bad man and don’t want to see both sides of the story.”

No I did not. Go back and re-read my post and you will see the part where I said IF.

25. Fly On The Wall says

17. laila | July 15th, 2008 at 1:50 pm
    ********************************************************

That’s a different matter altogether. If it’s a personal problem between you and your mother-in-law, that’s one thing. But suppose your mother-in-law had tried to sabotage your adoption of a child before the adoption was finalized? There is no way north of hell I would let my child’s grandparent have a relationship with my child if that was the case.

My mom and I have never gotten along but she has a great relationship with my son and I have always encouraged that. But if she ever did anything to try to alienate me from my son, or my son from me, she’d never see him again.

26. Fly On The Wall says

15. Jaxon | July 15th, 2008 at 1:27 pm
    *******************************************************

That was my understanding also. If he tried to sabotage her adoption, that is a deal-breaker. I wouldn’t let my parents within 100 miles of my children if they did something like that.

27. letitbe says

Are you done name not important ? you are getting boring. Really, you are very boring, sad perosn.
    I feel bad for you. Poor thing.

28. name not important says

And letitbe why didn`t you go yelling at laila for assuming she knows everything her last statement was that these kids are in no danger from this man. How do we REALLY know that we can guess and assume all we want but will we ever really know.

29. name not important says

Wow letitbe finally something you understand now you see we do not know what has happened between Jon and Angelina Congratulations about knowing what happened in your family. But maybe there is a real reason as to why the children do not yet see him that we do not and will not know about.

30. letitbe says

Laila, I agree w/ you’recommet ( and understand it).
    My father has issues w/ his sister and he would always tells us to go and visit her and have respect for her .
    We know what happened between them, but we were always told that that does concern us.

31. name not important says

What are you talking about Emma?

I am sorry letitbe but your comment made me laugh. You asked emma what she was talking about that cleary shows you don`t understand and so you dont agree with them. You never actually said that all you said was that we all seem to know everything but in reality they were all GUESSES. Everyone`s comments were I think or I don`t think, or I see that this. No one said I know exactly why she doesn`t see her father. And You are so dumb you dont even understand the meaning of the name i chose Name not important meaning who cares what my name is just read the comment.

Get a life.

32. carleigh says

Nobody will know what, why or the REAL reasons behind why AJ and JV no longer speak. We, as the public, can speculate and ponder….but we don’t know and never, ever will.

Hopefully time will heal all wounds and they can find their way back to each other again…not in the facet of father/daughter… but as friends in some aspect.

It’s futile and useless to say what we would do or not do because we aren’t involved, have no “insider” information and nor is it anyones business.

I just can’t wait to see pics of the beautiful babies and wish the AJ/BP bunch much happiness and joy!!

33. laila says

I don’t like my monster in law either but I never let that get between my children and her. I don’t believe disagreements bewtween parents and children should be carried in to the next generation. Family is family and if they are decent people (and I believe Jon is no worse than Angie) he should not be kept apart from the grandchildren The differences should be worked out the next generation should not lose out on a very important relationship with their grandparents. They are in no danger from this man..

34. Nic says

Well speaking for myself, I cannot stand my motherinlaw (monsterinlaw) is what I call her. She has been very rude, mean and degrading to me for 11 years, however, I do let my kids see her. I stay home and have a quiet day to myself and my husband takes them over. I feel why should my kids suffer or be punished in not knowing their grandparents, it wouldn’t be fair to them to keep them away when her issues only involve me for whatever reason.
    I feel Brad and Angie knows what is best for their children and let them do what they feel is appropiate for all parties!!

35. Jaxon says

I see Voight’s comments as very manipulative. Angie made it very clear that she didn’t want their baggage aired in front of the press and he still can’t resist sticking it to her every time he’s interviewed. Oh yes, poor little me, I have my bags packed just waiting for a call. Again making Angie look like the meany.

I don’t blame her if she never gives in. What he did to her is so hurtful that I’d never get over it either. When he went to the press saying she was mentally unstable he jeopardized her on-going adoption with Maddox. She still got him but Jon’s comments cost her time and worry. His comments had to be investigated so she was left hanging during that period. She came out clean and his comments were denounced as false so she got Maddox. It came out later that he did not want her adopting anything but an american baby so tried to stop it. Would you forgive him? That kind of racism runs deep so how is he going to accept the rest of her family with real warmth? I don’t blame Angie for keeping him away.

36. name not important says

letitbe- No one said they know it all, hear let me translate in a way you may understand.

You (letitbe) are you following or am i going to fast?
    Can not assume the reasons for there distant relationship because we do not know what had happened between them.( did you get all that). So they are just saying that we cannot say that she should reconcile and automatically bring him into their children’s lives because we do not understand what has happened. You could read his comment and think oh he is such a nice guy. But we do not know that and we will never know exactly because it will always be his word against hers. But maybe he is a nice guy or maybe he isn’t regardless she will make the decision soon enough whether or not he will be in the children’s lives. Things take time they are in contact and who knows maybe soon they will be seen together but right now by the looks of it she is taking baby steps. Maybe she would like things to calm down in her home first before she starts to make up with her father.

Now don’t think that my comment was made to be as if i know everything it is just a guess so don’t go posting a comment saying- ” oh here we go again people thinking that they know everything.” because that seems to be all you know how to say you make your own guesses about a matter that you too do not know anything about and then you get mad at the rest of us for our own opinions.

37. bambamswife says

We don’t know any of these people. We don’t know what goes on in their lives. When I here something from their own mouths, then I make up my mind as to whether or not I like them as celebrities. That is all it really amounts to, since we all have our favorite celebs and ones we don’t like. I personally can’t stomach Jolie and Brad Pitt. I have a tendency to see how Jon Woight would think that his daughter has mental problems. In my opinion she is a real bisexual nut case. Enough, I can’t believe I’m wasting my time commenting on them again. Just wanted to stick up for maybe the fact that Jon Woight is right.

38. Just me says

Cheetah, I don’t think he’s ever met any of her kids. He once called Zahara by the name of Shakira!
    I think Angelina stopped seeing him the last time because he said she had mental problems.
    I think she’s also said she has issues with him because he cheated on her mother. And yet, I don’t know how she can say with a straight face that there wasn’t anything going on with Brad while he was still married, even if it wasn’t physical.

39. Mimi says

This is one of the jokes about “You can tell we are Christians by our love”…let’s punish someone because we don’t like them. Oh, I know, I can keep them away from their grandchildren. Brad and Angeline can do what they want with their children. Tell me how it would hurt new born babies to let their biological grandfather see them!

Get a life people and live your faith. Did God say to pick and choose who you will be kind too. No, he said to treat everyone as if they were HIM! By the way, congradulations to the Jolie & Pitt family. Teach your children by example.

40. letitbe says

In that picture it sure seems like they were getting along and it is sad that they can’t bring that back. At least her brother is seen hanging out w/ the old man.

41. Cheetah says

We dont know excactly what happend between angie and her dad. She is the only one to know if there is a place for him in her childrens life. We do know they have always had a bad relation. sometimes they were on speaking terms, sometimes they were best friends and other times they didn’t know about each others life..

Some people might think Jon is passive aggressive, some might think he is a grandpa falling on his knees to beg if he could see his grandchildren. Who knows? i know Angie and brad do…

Does anybody know if Jon met Shiloh after she was born?

42. Fly On The Wall says

Angelina’s first responsibility is to her children, not to Jon Voight. If she has any reason whatsoever to believe that introducing him to her children would be in any way harmful to the children, she should keep them away from him. In any case, the decision is up to her and Brad and nobody else.

43. bj's mom says

how does emma make no sense?she’s saying just because someone is “family” dosent automatically mean that they should be a part of your life. I have a family member as well that I choose to stay away from and keep my kids away from because their lifestyle is disturbing to me. Its sad when families are broken up but I put the blame on them, not me. I have my beautiful kids and am not missing out on anything. I think Angie is approaching the situation very carefully. she says they have “spoken” and that is a first step.

44. Emma says

“I hope AJ will put her differences aside and let grandpa see the kids.”

I think that entirely depends on the circumstances. A grandparent absolutely SHOULD NOT be allowed near their grandchildren if they are not emotional stable enough to do. There are certain family members of mine who will NEVER get anywhere near my children, because I refuse to sacrifice my children’s emotional well-being on the altar of family harmony. Children should not be used as guinea pigs to try to heal a broken family.

I find Jon’s comments very passive-aggressive. Even when he’s pretending to say something nice he still has to get a dig in against his daughter by letting everyone know that he wasn’t called. I think that kind of behavior demonstrates why he wasn’t called. Good for Angelina for standing her ground and not allowing her father to poison her children’s lives. It makes me respect her even more.

45. laila says

I hope AJ will put her differences aside and let grandpa see the kids. This a chance for them to heal and have a family relationship. Angie… call your dad!