Mayor Of Nice Officially Announces The Birth Of Knox & Vivienne

Angelina Jolie

They’re here, officially: On Sunday, Mayor Christian Estrosi of Nice, France, presented one of the birth certificates of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s twins on the steps of Nice’s Fondation Lenval hospital, where son Knox Leon and daughter Vivienne Marcheline were born Saturday.

The typed certificate revealed that Knox was born at 6:27 p.m. on July 12th. Sister Vivienne came within a minute of that time, Dr. Michael Sussmann told People magazine.

The document also showed the Mayor’s signature, as well as Brad’s initials, the letters WBP representing his full name, William Bradley Pitt.

The mayor entered the hospital at 3:24 p.m. to oversee the signing, telling People magazine, “It’s a pride to Nice and all its citizens.”

Knox is the 3,702 registered birth certificate in Nice for 2008.

In welcoming the twins, Mayor Christian Estrosi told reporters, “On behalf of the inhabitants of Nice, I congratulate the happy parents, the most famous couple of the world who have chosen our city for this happy event.”

Earlier in the afternoon, a large bouquet of white roses and lilies for Angelina were delivered.

Mayor Christian Estrosi added: “I also congratulate the four brothers and sister of the newborns who are [history won’t forget it] real ‘Niçois’ (‘citizens of Nice’).”

Angelina Jolie

In the above pic Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi (in the center) holds copies of the birth certificate of Angelina Jolie’s son, Knox Leon, as her doctor Michel Sussmann (on the left) and hospital director Bernard Lecat (on the right) look on.

Comments

1. chloe says

Then God came down and said:

“I just want to formally announce the birth of the Jolie/Pitt twins. Congrats to the couple and of course to our lucky world.”

PS “I made them extra cute so that are worth their 20 billion price tag.”

Take Care,
    God

2. Jessica says

Tam, what’s wrong with having nannies? They ARE raising their own children, and they have nannies to help. They can’t help it if you can’t afford them. Jealous cow.

3. Kamineko says

To joyfullymine: The name Marcheline is French.
    I suspect it is pronounced MarshLEEN, or
    MARsh’leen.
    Lovely n ame for the girl, but I don’t much care for the boy’s name. I did see that it is a combo family name from Brad’s relatives tho, so that adds a bit of familial charm to it. 🙂

4. Carol says

Love the names for these precious newborns. The names are even more beautiful for their special meaning to their mother and father who have more than enough love to go around. May this exquisite and unique family be blessed with happiness always.

5. tam says

hopefully they stop after having 6… since they have 4 nannies already… raise your own children.. instead of leaving half with nannies.

6. Freya says

I just read that Knox was Brad Pitt’s maternal grandfather’s middle name, and Leon was Angelina’s great great grandfather. It was on JustJared.

7. carleigh says

I find it a bit absurd about how the mayor of Nice is going on and on and on about these babies. Brad and Angelina need their privacy and judging from how fiercly they guarded the details surrounding Shi’s birth, it just seems like this pregnancy has been lauded and heralded from the rooftops.

I like the girls name, very pretty and feminine. Knox, I am not sure about this one but it will probably grow on me after a while.

I can’t wait to see pic’s of these precious babies…..best wishes to them all!

8. Fly On The Wall says

Angelina’s mother was named Marcheline.

Vivienne = alive, life, live

Vivienne Marcheline = live Marcheline

Very sweet, poignant way of honoring Angie’s mom.

9. bj's mom says

these two put thought and meaning into the names and thats what matters. i do think they are cute names and i cant wait to see the babies. congrats to the whole Brangie bunch!

10. Kate z says

I think the names are great. Congrats to them! And who in here has the right to judge them, i missed the part where you know them personally. Anyways, i hope all is well and everybody is healthy. God bless.

11. amyyeager2 says

Isnt the baby girls middle name Angelina’s mother’s name? and I do like how all the boys end in x. Who bought the rights to the photos?

12. jane says

congratulations jolie and brad –wonderful !!!!!!!!!!now you have 3 boys and 3 girls. what a beautiful family. much happiness to all of you …..may god bless!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Jenna M. (UK) says

Congratulation to them.

They’re lucky to have such a big family.

I really don’t like the names Knox or Vivvienne though but hey, they’re not my babies!

14. susanna says

All the names they have given are a balance and carefully thought out,lovely little family,love them-all the money apparently from the new twins photos,is going to charity- just about sums these wonderful parents up does’nt it!!

Ms Sugar Walls no one really cares what you think about their choice of names. I like all of the kids names. You really need to get over your yourself. Congrats on your new twins. May God bless all you

16. Lauren says

Yay! Now, they have 3 of each. How fabulous. I’m sure they’ll be just as beautiful as little Shiloh Nouvel. 😉

17. Analise says

Wow Sugar Walls. Attitude much? I’m sure Angelina will call you any day with permission to call her kids whatever you want.

18. Cassie says

Why would the other kids feel unloved. A parent’s love is not a certain size that can only fit a number of kids and i should know as i am the youngest of 6 kids and i know my parents love me just as much as my brothers and sisters.

I hate to say it…but Knox is not a cute name! I know that it is southern, but NO..that name sucks and Vivienne..It is ok..only if I can call her vivi or viv

I wonder how Shiloh..Not to mention the other kids..feel about this new arrival?
    I hope that Pax, Maddox, and Z can adjust to being back burner kids..these kids are just dying to be attending boarding school when they get older..I am just saying

i cant wait to see photos especially the boy’s i cant wait till they come out they are gonna be beautiful twins just like baby shi