Angelina's Doctor Shares That Brad Was 'Very Emotional' At Birth

Angelina Jolie

Dr. Michel Sussman has shared more details of the birth of Angelina and Brad’s twins.

During the labor and delivery, the couple “were talking, they were together,” Dr. Michel Sussmann told reporters outside Fondation Lenval Hospital in Nice, France, where twins Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon were born on Saturday. “It was an epidural, so [Angelina] was awake and speaking and laughing. They were happy.”

Brad never left Angelina’s side – “he was my assistant!” Dr. Michel Sussmann said jokingly – and even cut the babies’ umbilical cords.

“He was … perfectly calm, totally determined, very pleased to be at the birth of his children, very moved and very emotional,” said Dr. Michel Sussmann.

Asked whether the birth had been a textbook delivery, Dr. Michel Sussmann replied, “absolutely no problems.”

Asked when Angelina and the babies leave the hospital? “I don’t know,” he said. “She will stay for a few days. You know, in Europe it isn’t like in the United States, where the patients go home after three days. They will stay a bit longer until everything is okay.”

He added: “The babies are fine. The babies are with the mother and father and they are fine.”

It is wonderful that he drew attention to the care that women in Europe receive in regards to their hospital stay. I know that some may disagree, but I think that all women should have the option of a longer hospital stay after delivering their babies if they choose.

On another note, Angelina’s father has shared that he is “deeply happy” about the birth of her twins.

“I’m over the moon – it’s magnificent,” he told The Insider. “In this world, all we can hope for is that mommy and the kids are healthy. I’m very excited. If I were called today, I’d be there.”

Angelina recently said that she and Jon Voight have reconciled after years of estrangement.

“We’re in contact … and wish each other well,” she told the July issue of Vanity Fair. “I think it’s best that, if we try to have any relationship in the future, we do it quietly.”

Source & Source

Comments

1. traveler says

Perhaps the atrocious care of women after childbirth in the U.S. is the reason they had the kids in France. Or perhaps it was because they had to be in France for the film festival and it was to dangerous for her to come back to the U.S. Or maybe, they just like France.
    Just because someone likes foreign things and places doesn’t mean they don’t also like things and places in the U.S. After all, the JPs have said that they love New Orleans. Why can’t people be both domestic and international? Wendy, you sound as if you fear things that fall outside of the U.S. borders or culture. You should travel internationally for awhile and you’d probably change your mind. Things international aren’t any better or worse than things American, just different. And we could all use a little “different” in our lives.

2. Analise says

It must be nice to stay after your c-sections. My second one they sent me home on the third day with my BP still up and an infection in my incision. I was VERY annoyed. Then to top it off, they gave me LESS pain meds than the first surgery even though they knew this time I would be spending most of my time in waiting room chairs and in the NICU. I actually was hospitalized longer when my gallbladder was removed than both c-sections!

Anyways, very happy for Brad, Angelina and their family and hopefully things will work out for Angelina and her father this time around.

3. Dnice says

Angie and Brad are such a lucky blessed couple. Not only to have 2 babies, but a boy and a girl so now they have 3 boys and 3 girls. I think they have such a beautiful family. Congratulations to them. I am so excited to see them especially the boy.

4. Iluvmy2girlz says

hey, i had a c-section here in New jersey, and i stayed for a whole five days, i was not sent home in three days!!! just sayin…

5. lily says

We love Angelina & Brad they are best parents in the world, they made very beautiful baby, we are so happy to see they have twins.

Maybe I am being a little to open, but If I find A man that is like Brad Pitt…I wouldn’t mind having Kids neither. As A single woman..It is hard to find Good men out here these days. SO ladies if u have a good man, and U are causing issues..Just remember someone else will apprciate your man way more than u, and vice versa for men.
    I can’t see any kids in my future.

7. Wendy says

I wish them all the best and it’s great that they will give the money they get for the first baby pix to charity – but why can’t they have their children in the USA, the country that gave them all the opportunities which they now have? I find it just a tad pretentious when Americans show a preference for exotic non-American goods and services. As if the USA is just too pedestrian and declasse for them. And don’t tell me they are trying to shield themselves from the paparazzi. Nobody gets the kind of publicity these two get without seeking it and cultivating it.

8. onatear says

Hooray! Hooray! 2 hundred times Hooray!! What a relief to have them [and their mother] here and healthy.

9. Nicki says

You gotta love the Doctor and the Mayor, LOL, they seem like huge fans of Brad and Angie. I am glad that the facts are being released from them, although they seem to be “milking” it a bit,LOL. With them releasing actual facts, the rag mags won’t have much to lie about in thier bs stories. I’m sure they will make up something, but then again they always do.

I also think women shoud have the option of staying longer if they feel the need, unfortunately most insurance companies don’t want that.

As for Jon Voight, if he would just remember Angie’s quote,

10. Generic name says

congratulations to them! i really like the way AJ chose a name for her kids…its some kind of unique! I hope I can see pics of the twins soon!

11. Kamineko says

I wish them and their babies helath and happiness.
    I heard she was worrying over the smaller of the two, so now that they are both safely born, maybe mama can rest easy. Two at once, always an extra blessing! 🙂
    Congrats.