Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Welcome Knox Leon & Vivienne Marcheline!

Angelina Jolie

Angelina Jolie has given birth to healthy twins, a girl and a boy, at the Fondation Lenval hospital in Nice, France, the Nice-Matin newspaper reported Sunday quoting her gynecologist.

The twins, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline, were born shortly before 8:00 pm (1800 GMT) on Saturday, the paper said quoting gynecologist Michel Sussmann.

Angelina is fine after having a cesarean section, it added. Knox Leon was reported to weigh 5.03 pounds and Vivienne Marcheline 5 pounds.

“The babies are doing well. The operation went just perfectly,” Dr. Michael Sussmann told People magazine Sunday. “Angelina is in very good spirits. Brad Pitt was at her side. He was there and all was well.”

The twins are the fifth and sixth children for Angelina, 33, and Brad, 44, who are already parents to Maddox, 6; Pax, 4; Zahara, 3; and Shiloh, 2.

“The mother and father are very, very happy,” Michel Sussmann told People magazine.

The doctor told the Associated Press that the cesarean was moved forward “for medical reasons” so that the babies could be born “in the best conditions.” He also said that Angelina is expected to stay in the hospital for a few days.

The babies’ first photograph was sold for 11 million dollars, Nice-Matin said, adding that the money would be given to a humanitarian cause.

Congratulations!

Source & Source

Comments

1. lyn says

ang, brad & family.
    congrats to you all, i love the names that you have chosen. I cant wait to see the photos. may you all enjoy this time. x

2. LAURIE HARRIS says

IS JENNIFER ANISTON GOING TO SEND
    A BIG GIFT BASKET OF GOODIES FOR
    BRAD AND ANGIE.. !! IT SHOULD BE FUN
    AND A BASKET FOR THE OTHER CHILDREN TOO.. SO THEY DON’T FEEL LEFT OUT…

3. Silvra says

Congratulations to them!!
    I don’t know how they’re gonna handle six kids, but if anyone can, I’m sure it’s Brangelina.

What’s up with the names ending with ‘X’?

They have:
    Maddox
    Pax
    & now the new baby, Knox!!!
    I sense a continuing theme!!
    As well, it’s been reported that the baby photos HAVE NOT been sold yet – and certainly not for only 11 million dollars. It’s reported that the starting price for the twins’ first photos will be in the 15-16 million dollar range, and that all the profits will be donated to charity.

I love both the named – Vivienne Marcheline is very elegant, and I can sense ‘Viv’ or ‘Vivi’ for nicknames, and I LOVE the name Knox!!! Some people are bashing it, saying it’s weird, or cruel to name a baby that, but it’s beautiful! And very original. Nice that they named both the twins after family members – Marcheline for Angelina’s deceased mother, and Knox for Brad’s grandfather.

Just like the rest of the world, I can’t WAIT to see the little one’s pictures!!!

4. yoklada says

Congratulation to a lovely family Angelina&Brad what is amazing for a big mama like Angeline she receive to got it. I bet this family is the top one in future.there are so loving people. wish all luck to them.

5. LikeButtah says

Two new J-P’s! I hope when they do the photo shoot they include the older sibs as well as the new babes.

6. Connie Mullins says

Hey – Great names! (My mother’s name was Vivian Marceleene!) Congrats to the whole family!!!

7. Lauren says

Congratulations! How exciting! I don’t like the name Knox Leon but I love Vivienne Marcheline. It’s so cute. 😉

8. Analise says

They are family names, Melissa. Cripes.

Congrats to Brad and Angelina. Now I wait on Gwen! 🙂

9. DJ says

Love the girl name of Vivienne. I know it will be “Vivi” for short. I’m not loving Knox for a boy name but it is unique which seems to be their theme. Can’t wait to see the pix of these 2 little beauties!

i just thoughtof something else lol all the boys first names end with X and there middle names end with N

MADDOX CHIVAN
    PAX THEIN
    KNOX LEON

11. Fly On The Wall says

Vivienne = live, life, living

Vivienne Marcheline = live Marcheline

What a lovely tribute to Angie’s mother.

12. Linda says

How about it if everyone just leaves them alone for a change, They need alone time to enjoy their new family members. Congratulations, they are your babies, name them anything you want.

13. ann says

How wonderful new congratulations to both of them. We love this family, we will buy the mangazine for the baby picture.

14. Nicki says

LOL-Thank you webmisstress. It makes it nicer to read your site. Thanks for the quick news on the Jolie-Pitt twins, much apprieciated.

15. Nicki says

Ummm–junofan, if indeed you are starting your own site….you might want to stop the nonsense of posting 15 posts in a row, with only 2 of them worth reading. I would be hesitant to visit your site, from these posts your site would be boring.
    And yes of course you can post anything you want, but if you want people to actually go to your site, you might want to make it interesting and not just plain silly.

16. Nicki says

Awww….Congratulations to Brad and Angie! How wonderful for the family. A boy and a girl. Glad to hear all are doing well.
    I love how they used 2 family names, Knox for Brads Grandad and Marcheline for Angies Mom. How sweet.
    I like both the names, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline.
    I love how all the boys have the X ending names (and so glad it wasn’t another Max).
    I hope they do another family pic with the new babies when they have the magazine pics taken.

I am glad it was once again proven that those rag mags can not be trusted with thier stories. They did the same thing with Shiloh. I love that she had a boy and girl, and “Outta Touch” is still saying 2 girls, LOL.

Best Wishes to all the Jolie-Pitts.

17. Jenn says

should have called him Leon knox………… but any way he is their baby and they can call them want they want but i must say am glad they are here now everyone can move on….

18. Jessica says

Wasn’t expecting boy girl scenario, i assumed it was 2 girls. But I’m glad it’s still balanced between boys and girls, so this way Z can get an African sister. Not crazy about Knox or Vivienne, but congrats to them.

19. Youseline Telsaint says

Oh ye!!!!!! i’m so happy because i love them both i’ve always preyed God for her and her familly i hope she could left every single things beying than forcus in right now miss Pitt may God bless you everyday every second and every moment in your life because you deserve that you deserve every bless than every good things in life. Jolie je taime baucoup

20. Melissa says

Hmmm… I can’t wait to see the pics but….

Knox? As in Jello Knox Blocks? The baby is J-E-L-L-O

Stupid name for anyone.

21. Fly On The Wall says

A highly respected French newspaper has also reported this, but they used the report from the newspaper in Nice as their source. No confirmation from the hospital yet — but no denial either.

22. Fly On The Wall says

Le Monde (a highly respected French newspaper, like the Times of London and the New York Times) has just reported on their web site that Angelina had a boy and a girl today. They also quoted the newspaper in Nice as their source and said no spokesperson from the hospital has actually confirmed it yet. So I’m taking this with several grains of salt until the hospital confirms it.

23. LAURIE HARRIS says

WHY DON’T THE FRENCH SAY ONLY ONE
    THING THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THAT SHE
    DID NOT GIVE BIRTH.. THAT IT WAS A LIE
    AND NOW THIS…NOW THE 11 MILLION DOLLARS IS WRONG THE PRICE IS NOW
    16 MILLION DOLLARS.. WISH SHE WOULD
    JUST HAVE A PRIVATE PLACE NOT IN THE
    HOSPITAL.. SO THAT THE PRESS CAN’T LIE ANY MORE…20 MORE TIMES HER
    BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT …!!

24. mickywop says

I really like the name Knox and how all of their boys have names that end in “x”. I really hope this is true! If it is, I wonder how long they will be able to keep up the “x” name theme as they continue to expand their brood?