The Top Ten Baby Names For 2007 & What Chris Martin Thinks On The Topic!

Chris Martin

6. William / Nancy
7. Richard / Deborah
8. Thomas / Sandra
9. Charles / Carol
10. Gary / Kathleen

What a difference!

Someone who feels very passionately about baby names is Chris Martin!

Coldplay’s Chris Martin doesn’t see anything wrong with Nicole Kidman naming her daughter Sunday or Jessica Alba calling her girl Honor.

Chris, 31, — who named his son Moses and daughter Apple — tells the new issue of Blender: “People make a big fuss over names. Names of babies, names of albums, names of bands.

“There’s nothing weird about calling your baby Chewbacca if that’s what you want to call your baby,” he goes on. “It’s no stranger than Sarah.”

He said, “a name is just a noise, and if you like it, then f–k what everyone else says.”

Chris and wife Gwyneth Paltrow may need to think of more names soon.

Asked about getting pregnant again, Gwyneth, 35, told July’s Harper’s Bazaar, “I may force myself to do it one more time because the result is so worth it.

“My mother loved each [pregnancy] to bits; she felt alive and beautiful. I wanted to throw up all the time.”

She said she and Chris (who recently admitted he had a tough time with girls before he met Gwyneth) are even open to adopting.

“I do feel we’re so fortunate, and we kind of owe it to humanity,” Gwyneth told the magazine. “We have a lot of love to give and a lot of resources.”

Comments

1. Felfaffeve says

Hi. I regularly announce this forum. This is the oldest culture undisputed to ask a ridiculous.
    How multifarious in this forum are references progressive behind, artful users?
    Can I worthiness all the facts that there is?

2. Lala says

my name is laala i i DGF 🙂 if a guy wants to name his daughter apple SO WHAT….do you think u r more interesting with a name like monica or sophie…
    honey u are forgetablee! no one’s gonna remember youu

3. Madinat says

so jesus, mary and joseph are a-ok, but NOT moses? give me a break!

where is that rolleyes smilie when you need it!!

4. Analise says

Apple is a stupid name and I find Moses, from someone like Paltrow, insulting. She’s as arrogant, shallow and unappreciative as they come.

Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet and Diva are children of Frank and Gail Zappa.

5. laila says

ok moses is a like calling youself god and apple? how do you explain that one? It is goofy don’t you think Why would you name your child a piece of fruit??/ LOL LOL

6. Fly On The Wall says

I’ve heard much worse than that. Didn’t somebody back in the 60’s name is poor kid Dweezil? And I think somebody else named their daughter Moon Unit.

7. violetsky says

My name is Saffron, which is fine if you were born in the 90’s … not so if you are brought up in 70’s and are painfully shy.
    Upon saying that, it works well to have an unusual name; when I ring up the school about one of my kids, I can say ‘Hi it’s Saffron’ Not Hi it Mrs X.
    The same with work, I say Hi it’s Saffron, Not Saffron X from Y clinic.
    While, it might be embarrasing as a child, as an adult it works to your advantage.

8. Rijay says

Actually, the top 10 names of 2007 depends on which source you’re citing. It differs with different sources. I read one yesterday that said the #1 girl’s name for 2007 was “Ava”.

9. Iluvmy2girlz says

i don’t see anything wrong with MOSES! it’s a common me, and it’s nice! what’s so weird about it? Apple is a little different, but Moses is biblical, and i know a few people with that name!

10. Just me says

That was my first thought, too, laila. What else is he going to say?
    I agree, to a point, with Chris but I think some people to too far.

11. Bella says

I agree with him…my stance is people should just mind their own business and let people get on with their lives.