Jamie Lynn Spears & Maddie On The Cover Of OK! Magazine!

Jamie Lynn Spears

Jamie Lynn Spears

Jamie Lynn welcomed her daughter , Maddie Briann Aldridge, on June 19th.

Jamie Lynn shared with OK! magazine that being away from the shining lights of Hollywood is making it all easier to learn the ins and outs of first-time motherhood. “Around here, everyone has the same focus,” Jamie Lynn told OK! magazine. “The focus is family, and that’s a good way to live.”

“They’d told me it would be an eight- to 12-hour labor, and I was ready to have the baby in three to four hours,” Jamie Lynn told OK! magazine. “I had a perfect pregnancy and a perfect delivery. I was very blessed.”

Whie Jamie Lynn, 17, and her fiancé have not yet set a date for their wedding, the couple remains closer than ever. Jamie Lynn, who told OK! magazinethat while her labor was induced, she gave birth naturally and without complications, says that Casey was the one person she wanted in the delivery room with her.

“Once I got in there, my doctor was just so calm and so good it was not bad at all,” she said. “I was just talking to Casey. And you know what’s so weird? I was asking him if he was okay. He was like, ‘Yeah.’ We were both so excited.”

A baby nursery is set up for little Maddie at the other end of the house, but for now her proud parents like having her next to them at night, so she sleeps in a bassinet in the same room as Jamie Lynn and Casey.

“She is very good,” said Jamie Lynn. “She’ll feed every two or three hours. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, I’ll feed her and she goes right back to sleep. There’s no screaming and crying.”

The proud mother continued, “We get up in the morning, and she gets her little bath. Then I get my bath. We have a routine, and I love routines. I’ve worked one out with her, and we’re happy going about our little life.”

1. jenny says

#59 i didnt say i approve of it im just saying that you guys need to get a life and stop bagging on jaime lynn and her baby at least shes taking responsibility not like other teens who would just leave the baby with a grandparent and leave to go party

BE HAPPY AND LIVE LIFE THEY WAY U WANT TO …is ur life NOT every one ELSES!!!!

3. laila says

i believe it’s you who needs to get your priorities straight it’s not cool to have a baby at 16 no matter how rich you are…. babies are a blessing and we all love babies but don’t think for a minute that it means we approve of teen pregnancy…

4. jenny says

well said #32 i agree with you all the way whoever posted negative comments really needs to get thier priorities straight u guys r just a bunch of haters give jaimie lynn a break she has enough to deal with already she doesnt need haters to bag on her little girl

5. laila says

first babies very often need a little when they are late it’s more of a health risk to not push them out!!!

6. what? says

She gave birth vaginally but not naturally…..there’s nothing natural about cervidil, cytotec, or pitocin, of which are used alone or together to force the cervix open, whether it’s ready or not, as well as forcing the uterus to expel the baby regardless of it’s readiness or the babies. NOT natural. Good on her for at least not running in for the designer birth of c-section/tummy tuck combo. Baby is beautiful, but the gray/ash-colored hair on the mom is horrendous.

7. Alex says

Aw! So cute! Maddie is beautiful. I am most positive Jamie lynn will be a great mother! And so what if she is 17? Atleast she is taking responsibilty and didnt have a abortion like most teens would. I’m proud of Jamie Lynn! She is doing great. 🙂

8. tam says

I agree with #49 my mom did the same thing at 16 and tried playing house and it got boring too her quick once she was 19 and into her early 20’s she wanted the life that was with no children and she took it.. partying…… going out all the time….. leaving her kid with her parents.. simple.. it happens to most teens..

9. tam says

How old is this baby, 2 or 3 weeks old and shes ranting on about how they have a routine, BWUAHAHAHAAH… give me a break, routines go out the window with a baby who is teething or fussy or grumpy.

10. laila says

DNICE does have a point there…she is too young and sheltered to have experienced much life and all she and Casey are doing right now is playing house with a pretty little baby. Reality has not yet settled in. At 16 when she should be out partying and having fun with her friends. She’s given up her own young adult life the fun of college and parties and all that great stuff to raise a child. One day she’ll miss all the fun and go looking for it. It’s inevitable… so enjoy the fun now but…. SHAME ON YOU OK magazine for promoting teeage pregnancy and glorifying motherhood at 16!!! Money can buy you lots of pretty things but not your freedom or happiness.
    And for those of you who did have kids at 16 and it worked out for you you are exception not the rule…

11. laila says

DNICE does have a point there…she is too young and sheltered to have experienced much life and all tshe and Casey are doing right now is playing house with a pretty little baby. Reality has not yet settled in and the huge responsibilty of raising a baby at 16 when she should be out partying and having fun with her friends will eventually rear it’s ugly face and then things will get ugly. She’s given up her own young adult life and young woman life and the fun of college and parties and all that great stuff to raise a child. One day she’ll miss all the fun and go looking for it. It’s inevitable… so enjoy the fun now but…. SHAME ON YOU OK magazine for promoting teeage pregnancy and glorifying motherhood at 16!!! Money can buy you lots of pretty things but not your freedom or happiness.

12. Leah says

Yes she is young but only time will tell what’s going to happen for Jamie and her family, she is learning and growing right now and by the looks of things she loves it!
    and that’s all the matters, things might go belly up and she could COULD become a single mom or things can keep going as they are and they will all be very happy and I wish Jamie Lynn all the happiness in the world because that’s what she disserves Jamie and her family have be though a lot in the past year or so, and everyone is saying Jamie Lynn will turn out like her sister and to the people who say that I want to say to you: HOW DO YOU KNOW!, Brittney went though a totally different thing and now she is getting better and GOOD FOR HER! That’s what I say.

13. N says

To show my self-righteousness even more….. I agree with you to a point…….. The word I should be using is JUDGMENTAL not JUDGE.

14. N says

If you know how to read DNICE you will see i did not Judge anything you said. I asked you a question and stated my opinions. No I dont know her personally that is why I did not make the ASSUMPTION that she has not had any life experiences as you did. Your life experiences and maturity levels are your own…..dont compare them to anyone else is my point. SORRY …..but raising a child is MAINLY about FINANCES……with those being as secure as hers….it allows her to have more TIME to raise her child. We already know she LOVES her. Blogs are about you judging ……. Show me a judgemental comment in my post, Please. Sorry sweetheart not being self-righteous…just not judgemental of someone I dont know. I understand that was your opinion….NOW REALIZE ALL I DID WAS ASK YOU A QUESTION…. THEN STATED MINE. Please learn how to read. Sweetheart!!

15. Ryan says

OH MY GOD!!!
    She is BEAUTIFUL. I cant tell who see looks like yet
    but i am pretty sure she will look like Jamie Lynn.
    I am so happy for u!
    it must be busy around the house and out of the house with all the paparazzi. but its worth it for a little girl like Maddie.

I have always been a ur biggest fan since i was 7 years old now i am all most 13.
    and ur hair dose NOT look Grey don’t listen to other people.

just to let u now i am a GIRL

16. Dnice says

N- I was trying to make the point that raising a baby is not all about money. Do I know her personally? Do you? As a woman I know I have changed and grown a great deal wiser from being 16 to now 30. I used to think I knew it all and as i age and mature I realize I didnt know jack. You don’t judge…. Sorry sweetheart blogs are all about judging – stop being so self righteous..I was actually stating stating my opinion. Someone as non-judgemental as yourself should be able to spot the difference.

17. laila says

Wish her the best of luck she’ll need it the odds are not with her considering she is so young but I only hope the best for her.

18. Lilac says

I must say, Jamie Lynn seems smarter than her older sister. She didn’t schedule a C-section because she was afraid of going through the natural process of birth, like Britney. Though I’m sure it came up in family discussions. She seems to have done her research and I can respect her for that.

19. N says

“at 16 you haven’t experienced enough life to do that”…….

Everyone’s life experiences aren’t the same. Do you know Jamie personally? If not, you don’t know what her life experiences were. There are some 16 year olds that have experienced more life situations than some adults. No I dont advocate teen pregnancy….. I dont advocate ANYONE having children if they cant properly care for them. I also dont judge and condemn……Since i dont know her personally I cant say her decision was dumb. I will say that she has at least half the battle taken care of…….FINANCES. In my opinion the main things needed to raise a child is Finances, Love, & Time.

20. Dnice says

Oh and on a side note…..her hair looks like someting from Mama’s Family….she looks older than her years.

21. Dnice says

I am not going to hate on Jamie Lynn. I am sure she will go through the same trials and tribulations any new mom goes through. I will however hate on OK! Magazine. I think it is somewhat irresponsible to glorify teen pregnancy by putting her on the cover. Yes, she has some money, yes her circumstance isn’t the typical teen pregnancy dilemma, but she is still only 16 years old. Raising a kid is not all about money, it’s about passing on knowledge that you’ve gained to the child you are going to raise and I’m sorry at 16 you haven’t experienced enough life to do that. Not to mention that young girls are impressionable and will see that the whole world accepted Jamie Lynn being pregnant so what’s the big deal if I do it. Have we learned nothing from those foolish girls at Gloucester High School. Pregnancy pact??? Yeah Jamie’s baby is cute but lets not forget the real issue at hand.

22. Anzhelika says

dont worry about her..It is another story..She is a teen girl with money ,who can afford anything for herself and her child.
    The worst would be if she was an average teen from average family

23. Christy says

Isn’t there a part of you that is thinking, so? She is a slightly famous sibling teen mom who got paid a boatload for pics. Okay, I get it. If you read the AP article (online), Jamie Lynn says that while the doctor’s may have a strict list of do’s and dont’s, her mother has suggested she “follow her instincts” and do what she (Jamie) knows is best. Then she says that she did that with her kids and it worked for them. How did it work for them exactly? Both girls were out in the spotlight barely into their teens and Jamie is 16 with a child and Brittney is a divorced mom with little custody and some mental issues. I too think as a mom one should trust one’s instincts. But it is so like this family to never listen to any authority. Most docs do really care about the welfare of patients and since Jamie doesn’t have all the answers and her mother surely doesn’t, maybe a professional could have some good information. It is clear that the Spears don’t have all the answers…

24. nosoupforyou says

Wow. If there was a market I think most people might release a few pics of their newborn and house for a cool million.

25. Memphislis says

Jamie Lynn’s hair looks weird. It almost looks photo shopped to be that gray and washed out.

26. Moan4MeMony says

FIrst off COngratulations to Jamie Lynn and Casey on little Maddie Briann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But as for all you haters leave this girl alone. Maybe she wasn’t ready for motherhood but she has stepped up and is taking care of her daughter and her family. She deosn’t need for people like “Laila” who seem to think that she will suddenly get bored with her baby. GET A LIFE. I personally have a friend who is 22 years old and is married with 3 kids and she had her first at 16 so yes it can be done. SO for all the people who posted negative comments on the page LEAVE THE ENTIRE SPEARS FAMILY ALONE they are going through enough stuff without “nobodys” saying they are wrong for how they live their own lives and how they cope with parenthood.

Although she is young, i hope she is the one to break the family cycle. i know she is young having a baby, however only time will tell.

28. Eye Candy says

Congratulations on the new arrival! but it will not be easy, her beng so young… with love and support she can do it though.

29. Candy says

She is adorable …i hope she would take a good care of her ..i hope she would take Nicole Riche as a model not her sister

30. meg says

# 16… sorry the ” you people” wasn’t just aimed at this artical. It’s everything you read about her. ALmost every story you read on this web-site, half the comments are so negative about teen mom’s an oh she is just a baby having a baby. I hope like hell she proves everyone wrong and her an Casey have more kids and are GREAT parents

31. meg says

Laila- I am 26 and have 2 kids of my own. What differance does it really make anyway. I had my kids young. I think she will be a graet mom and I am happy for her

32. jenny says

i think little maddie is adorable an you guys should leave jamie lynn alone yea she made a mistake but she is handleing it very well considering that she could have given it up or aborted but she didnt and we should give her some credit that she isn’t complaining about it congrats jaime on your beautiful litle girl

33. essie says

“Life of privilege.” Are you kidding??? She comes from a long line of trailer trash and no amount of money will change that.

Jamie Lynn is not a millionaire, her sister is. That’s why she’s pimping out her baby to OK Magazine. They paid her a reported million for several years of “exclusive” reports and pictures on the baby.

That being said . . . Jamie Lynn sounds happy and I hope she continues to live as far away from Hollywood as possible and continue to be happy with her “little life” because that baby needs it.

34. Christina says

I would like to congradulate the Spears and Aldridge family and friends for the beautiful addition to their what a blessing god has given them. I wish people would let her be yes she is a teen mom do you know how many teen moms would make excuses and not take responsibility for for their child? I commend her I was a teen mom and now have 4 children. Parenting is the hardest job in the world and she has a positive attitude and alot of support and love from everyone around her. I wish you the best of luch and please do not let negative comments bother you they do not know you or your life people make assumptions and should worry about what is going on in their own lives, God bless you and your family

35. Lauren says

Maddie is beautiful. Jamie-Lynn seems to have taken on this responsibility head on. She has such a positive outlook. Good job Casey and Jamie-Lynn!

36. laila says

sure the baby is beautiful and every child is a blessing… everyone knows that… but have you already forgotten that she comes from a life of privledge and absolutely no respobnsibility? Don’t glorify this situation for other teens who are in here reading this.I’m not a hater just not a promoter of teen agers raising children.

37. Jordyn says

I think Jamie Lynn has proved she is responsible. She could be out partying right now, not pregnant, dealing with having aborted that sweet baby! Im pulling for her and think she is smart enough to learn through her sisters mistakes. She is living a quiet life trying to raise her daughter…lets give her some credit!

38. $ever says

um if she wants the baby to have a normal lfe, why is she putting her on the cover of a magazine?

39. Cool down says

Meg there 5 comments before you with only one stating concern. Fter your comment all but the original one were supportive. So where is the “you people need to get a life” rants comming from. Most sound supportive to me. Maybe you should wait a little longer before getting defensive

40. samsmom says

I look at that beautiful baby and think, what a blessing it is that Jamie Lynn chose life for her baby! No matter her age, what is done is done.
    I do hope that in the future that she will do interviews with an emphasis on how difficult motherhood really is. Kind of like a “real talk” with Jamie Lynn about how tough it can be. Right now the stars are still in her eyes and she is probably too sleep deprived to know what hit her!
    Best of luck to her and her darling baby.

41. boo says

Every mother ( regardless of her age) gets tired and needs a break from their children from time to time….. Not ONE mother out there can say that they haven’t wished for a night off or a weekend away!!!! Its what we do, we are there to raise our babies, love them, care for them and be supermom…. but at one time AND another, babysitters come in very handy and allow us to get away from Motherhood for even just a few short hours and enjoy some funfilled adult time!!!
    If we don’t get that away from kids time it would be liable to drive us insane!!
    So leave the poor Girl alone, She is going to do JUST FINE, And I’m sure doesn’t giving a flying fart in space what any of you Haters out there feel about her!!

END OF STORY!!! 🙂

Oh yes and Maddie is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! 🙂

42. Lucy says

baby looks beautiful but mom looks old, what is up with the hair color, it looks gray. She looks older in this picture. Did she aged when she had the baby. 🙂

43. OhHellNo! says

Having a baby really makes a teenager grow up pretty fast – they have no choice. There are lots of teenage moms who are fantastic moms. JamieLynn sounds happy and I think she’ll be a great mom and not go down the path her sister Britney travelled and still travelling.

44. Just me says

She seems happy and has a positive outlook so at least that’s a good start.
    Of course, she’s going to get stressed out, frustrated and tired … that comes with the territory of being a mom at any age. Good luck to her!!

45. Kelli says

Laila, she may be a child with a baby, but she is also a millionaire. If she wants to go out, she can hire a nanny. Also, I want to add, throughout the history of mankind, 16 was the PERFECT age for women to have children. We extend childhood in modern Western countries because we allow people to explore opportunities and careers. But it was not always this way.

That said, not all teen mothers turn into crap. Just like not all adult mothers (case in point, her mother and her sister) turn out to be good at it.

46. meg says

You people need to get a life. Just because she is a young mom you all think that she can’t handle it and that she will get bored. Teen moms do it all the time. They are not all irrisponsable. GEt a life !

47. laila says

yeah it’s easy now Jamie but kids are forever and when you get bored with this and want to go out and party with your friends we’ll see how great this is. I don’t believe this attitude will last. She’s a child raising a baby… lets be real ok?