Gwyneth Paltrow On Her Daughter's Love Of Dress-Up

Gwyneth Paltrow

(In the above pic Gwyneth Paltrow and fellow mother Elizabeth Hurley were snapped at the launch of Estee Lauder’s new fragrance Sensuous in New York on July 8th)

Gwyneth recently shared that her daughter Apple, 4, loves to play dress-up!

“She makes [Moses] cross-dress,” Gwyneth, 35, told People magazine at Wednesday’s launch of Sensuous. “But she doesn’t put makeup on him!”

“My daughter plays with anything that’s girly. … She loves makeup,” said Gwyneth. “She puts on the eye shadow and my high heels. … She likes to take my tank tops and make them a dress. And then she asks me to tie a rubber band on the back so they stay up.”

Apple also loves to get into mom’s perfumes. “I don’t like her to spray perfume on herself because she’s so little,” said Gwyneth, “but she likes to spray it on me.”

Gwyneth also shared that she makes a habit of taking time to unwind.

“Oftentimes when I put my kids to bed I’ll take a bubble bath and have a glass of wine,” she said, adding that she also likes to play chef.

“I don’t make complicated Japanese food or anything like that,” said Gwyneth, who recently admitted to having lots of lovely vices. “But I cook all the time, so I’m always trying new stuff.”

Comments

1. tam says

No i am not tired of hearing about her.. but i am sick of hearing about brangelina, same posts one after another, ugh.

2. Chicki says

It just seems that she ALWAYS opens her mouth when she has some press to do, and it’s ALWAYS about something really stupid! We should stop the presses: her girl enjoys doing girlie things! WOW, Gwyn what a fascinating nugget of info that is! Why can’t she just say that both of her kids like to play dress up? No! She has to put the dumb “cross-dressing” slant on it for shock value – why don’t more celebs think about what their kids will say about these inane comments when they get older?

She is an interesting mix of the most annoying and most boring celebs I can think of.

3. LAURIE HARRIS says

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT SHE ALWAYS SAYS “I” AS IF SHE IS SINGLE.

NEVER IS IT “WE” IT IS SO CUTE TO HEAR
    ABOUT APPLE AND HER TANK TOP DRESSES.. WONDER WHAT MOSES LIKES TO DO FOR FUN..!! WONDER WHEN HER SPECIAL AS A FOOD CHEF IS COMING OUT..

4. Cheetah says

@Lauren, your not alone, i for one love Gwyneth. But the word is divided about this person.

I guess you either lover her or hate her. There is nothing in between. 🙂

#1-Yes, my thoughts exactly! Her life just seems a bit too perfect, and totally unrelatable. There’s just something about her that irritates me.

6. Just me says

I have to agree with you all so far … she seems like a good mom, is smart, beautiful and annoying sometimes!!