Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves Name Their Son Levi Alves McConaughey

Matthew McConaughey

Matthew and Camila have named their son Levi Alves McConaughey.

Releasing their son’s name to OK!, Matthew explained that Levi is another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible, and shared that his birth time holds special significance as well.

Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: “If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.”

Levi’s middle name is Camila’s last, as “we wanted to incorporate her family name” Matthew stated.

Matthew and Camila have also released the following statement:

“We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin’.”
—Matthew David McConaughey and Camila Maria Saraiva de Araujo Alves

1. Peace says

Isn’t it thrilling to know they read the Bible? A family that prays together, stays together. Its such a beautiful name and I wish the happy family all the best. Pictures Please!

2. Rachael says

Love the Name. My ten year old Son is Levi and he loves that there are not many about. I also found it in the bible!

3. Lauren says

I love the name! Very down-to-earth just like his parents. I can’t wait to see the first pix of the little guy. 😉

4. Jessie says

I don’t like the name Levi, but for them, it’s good because it has a lot of meaning to them.

5. Mandy says

Best name ever! My first born son (13 yrs ago) is named Levi Allen and I still love his name. Amazing how many people pronounce it wrong though.

6. violetsky says

The meaning behind Levi’s name, and the birth announcement which Matthew and Camila made is very classy … don’t you think?

This seems like the perfect name for his child – it just suits Matthew really well, in my opinion. Simple, but with lots of meaning.

8. Sassy says

How cute, not original..I like it…
    I just can’t wait to see the pictures of this little guy…

9. Fly On The Wall says

Not my favorite name, but I understand it must have a lot of meaning for them. I hope we get to see a picture soon. This baby is going to be absolutely beautiful!

10. Freya says

Wow, I’m really impressed with the name they have chosen and the meaning behind it. I honestly didn’t expect it from Matthew McConaughey. Levi is a name I considered for my son when he was born. It also means “connected”, and I think they will be a beautiful, close and loving family. 🙂