An Expectant Ashlee Simpson Out Grocery Shopping

Ashlee Simpson

Ashlee Simpson showed off a growing baby bump in a midriff-baring top during a weekend grocery run in Studio City, California.

“She sent me a picture of her belly,” sister Jessica recently said on The View. “She’s popping, it’s so cute!”

Ashlee, 23, and husband Pete Wentz confirmed their pregnancy in May shortly after they were married in Beverly Hills.

“This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family,” they said.

Pete recently said he was “excited” to be a dad.

“The first time I ever went to the doctor’s office and heard the heartbeat, I felt totally content and at peace with everything,” he told E!.

Their pal, Lucy Walsh (daughter of Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh), told Us magazine in April that they’re “a cute couple, and they are going to have cute, tiny kids.”

The newlyweds have already added a new family member: a 10-week-old puppy named Rigby, Pete, 29, announced on their Web site.

#14 i agree! whenever i was pg, i couldn’t stand havin my belly hang out! drove me nutso tryin to find tank tops to go under my shirts to hide it!
    look how low the skirt is..her buttcrack has got to be showin! 🙂 funny

2. megs says

She looks very healthy and sweet to me…I think she seems to be quite balanced…I am curious why maxi styles are so popular with the pregnant crowd, I too would have some concerns about tripping over the material on lengthy dresses etc esp while pregnant…

3. chloe says

She looks adorable!

And who said that wearing blacking = depressing??

These silly “rules” have to go.

4. Just me says

The look is fine for her but I think I would feel like always pulling up my skirt and pulling down my shirt!

5. Team Jolie says

I don’t know, that skirt is making me worry a bit. I mean, she probably is more coordinated than I am, but I would probably fall over in that thing! She looks so cute though and I can’t wait to see the baby!

6. Sandra says

Correct me if I am wrong but I think hippies steered clear of black. Hence why everything they wore was bright. multicolored and annoying.

7. Jennifer 1 Lil Boy says

i think the skirt 2long I know if i wore sumthin like that i would probably fall ! and the black has 2go u are suppose to be happy and colorful not black and hippie lookin and depressing

I agree cc…that bump just “appeared” she looks good however…I hope she doesn’t fall into the all black all the time look that so many seem to enjoy.

9. Molly says

Yeah, cc, it did. She grew quite fast! It is so exciting! I can’t wait to see their baby and new puppy! I love these two!