Nicole Kidman To Listen To Music Of Renowned Irish Flutist During Delivery

Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman has planned the birth of her first child, due in the next few weeks, right down to the smallest detail.

Nicole has reserved a private room at a hospital in Nashville, Tennessee, lined up the finest medical care for the natural birth – and even put together a compilation of music for the delivery.

Nicole, 41, who married country singer Keith Urban in 2006, has naturally included some of her husband’s songs. But at top of her list are the soothing melodies of Irish flutist Sir James Galway.

A source said: ‘Nicole has been putting together CDs of music to listen to during labor. She has always loved James Galway, particularly his classical albums.

‘Whenever you go to her house, she has Galway on. There is one Prokofiev sonata that is her favourite.’

Sir James, 68, is considered the finest flutist of his generation. Knighted in 2001, he has recorded more than 60 albums. His most famous hit was the instrumental version of John Denver’s hit Annie’s Song in 1978.

Nicole already has two children, Isabella, 14, and Conor, 12, which she adopted with her former husband Tom Cruise.

Comments

congradulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl, my daughter was born on the 7/7 (a lucky sign) and she has just turned 16, I am so proud of her and the person she has turned into just as you will be with your Sunday Rose

2. Jeanie K Banks says

Congratulations to Nicole and Keith. As a Mother of two, I know that your new baby will add so much spice to your lives. Much love from a devoted fan.

3. Nic says

I also have two boys and we are very happy. They are busy , fun and very loving. My youngest is always hugging me and telling me how much he loves me. I am pregnant again with number 3 and want a delivery surprise. We don’t care if it’s another boy. Boys love and protect there mom always. So #19 obviously you have never experienced the love of a little boy. Too bad for you. 🙁

4. Ali says

it doesnt matter if it is a a boy or a girl as long as the baby is healthy! i have a girl and love her so much! i only have one and no more for me,lol. my sister has both a boy and girls and says they are both great!

you get what you get:))

5. bj's mom says

And as far as Nicoles “plan” i pretty much agree with everyone…its so nice that she has a plan, but things might be much different when the time comes. But, as always, good luck to her with her labor and delivery and prayers for a healthy baby no matter what sex it is.

6. bj's mom says

Tara…I agree with you. I have 2 boys and am so happy with them. My boys are a BLAST and I have plenty to brag about so I dont know where Russian me is coming from.

7. Liza says

Tammi, Nicole already is an American citizen. She holds dual citizenship in Australia and the U.S., so the baby will automatically be an American citizen upon birth, regardless of where it is born. Although, were neither parent American citizens, any child born on American soil has a right to American citizenship.

8. tara says

Russian Me..you are an idiot. anyone who thinks that having boys are not as important or as special as having a girl is retarded. I am the mother to an amazing little boy and I’m glad I didn’t have a girl. My little boy is just as special and as entertaining and loving as any girl I could ever have.

9. NoName says

Cheetah, I have to disagree- having a baby IS fun! I loved it all. But then again I had an epidural.

As for Nicole’s plan, I was laughing the whole time. She obviously has never witnessed a childbirth. Can you really ever plan that process?!?! I do hope she has an easy birth and that it lives up to her expectations of the experience.

10. Tammi says

I am surprised that she wouldn’t be having the baby in Australia – since both she and Keith are Australian? If she has the baby here, does she automatically become a US citizen? Does Keith? I wonder…

11. susanna says

Agree, the last thing when you are in labour is to listen to some music, any music, any sound around you is annoying!!! you just want it over and done with and something to bite on, preferably your HUSBAND!!!

12. Ali says

i found the labor and delievery to be the easiest part! if you can get through a pregnancy then you can get through anything!LOL!

13. Russian me says

That is probably why she is not uber happy and over the moon. Because she is having a boy, and boys are pretty boring. I mean, girls are something else. But boys just are not that fun and much to brag about. I hope Nicole becomes pregnant with a girl later after this child. I hope the child makes her stronger. She will probably have a sense of purpose and direction after having that kid.

14. Liza says

Cheetah, you can only speak for your own experience. For you, music was/would have been too distracting. But not for every women.

Lots of women have found that calming music has helped them to center themselves and remain calm during the birthing process. Go to any website or forum about laboring and birth, and you’ll see that there are a varity of experiences and preferences during the laboring process.

That said, I don’t buy the story, not until one of them comes out and says it.

15. Cheetah says

@laila. You need to concentrate to handle the pain. even with an epidural. 2 in fact i still felt everything. believe me the last thing you want then is music.

When you get to that point that pain is almost unbearable, you get into another world. everything around you fades out and your all alone.

I don’t want to burst anyones bubble, but having a baby isn’t fun until the baby is OUT! But the second its out you “forget” about the pain and everything.

Its nice that people want to make it sound like a pink cloud, but it isn’t.

16. brittaney says

One word EPIDUREAL!

sorry if its miss spelled
    Could care less about anything at the time but getting that thing out. lol+

best wishes to her though

17. laila says

concentrate on the pain … wow ….thats fun!!
    soothing music sounds better to me…. I wish them the best and hope everything goes well.

18. Cheetah says

its clear she never had a baby. I hated the music around me when i was in labor. It drove me nuts! every sound was so loud.. aaarch.. I needed absolute silence to concentrate at the pain. Its nice to plan stuff like that, but you are never ready for what is about to come. 😛

19. sarah says

she’s retarded

who does that how can she rlax whil giving birth especially when she listens to her husband’s songs

20. Jessie says

Renee, I don’t think it is that big of a deal. It’s not like it’s in the newspaper or a magazine.

21. susanna says

such a gift, after her two misscaraiges with Tom, she will be a great Mom- can see her with a boy.

22. purple haze says

isnt it something to do with Tom that she doesnt see much of her adopted children? Correct me if Im wrong…

I think a beautiful little girl would be great. Nicole is such a feminine girly woman. too bad she is hardly seen with her two older children

24. Apple says

I listened to Andreas Vollenweider and sipped Purple. I recommend both of them to everyone. And she’s a beautiful mom, always has been.

25. renee says

regarding the last paragraph, it should say “whom she adopted,” NOT “which she adopted.” bad grammer, webmaster.