Will Smith's Children At The NYC Premiere Of Kit Kittredge: An American Girl

Will Smith

Will Smith’s children, Jaden, 9, and Willow, 7, were snapped at the Kit Kittredge: An American Girl premiere on Thursday at NYC’s Ziegfeld Theater.

They were also snapped recently at the Kit Kittredge: An American Girl premiere in LA.

Comments

1. Benny's mom says

I think they look cool for the event they are attending. Yes they are celebrity kids, and whatever you are going to say either good or bad, won’t change that fact. I believe every parent contributes 100% to their kids’ looks and in this case Jaden and Willow looks exactly how their parents wants them to look like. Please don’t criticize others. Just don’t do the same if you believe its wrong to the child’s brain.

2. TiredOfIdiots says

They do not look stupid -why does everyone have to be a so-called “fashion plate”! They look like they are having fun -when has that ever been a crime and they still look like kids to me- they are covered up (no bellies showing or sagging pants-do kids have to dress like puritans to meet everyone’s approval) and people still complain!

3. Analise says

I know they are kids, but they look stupid. It’s one thing to be fashionable. It’s another to look ridiculous.

4. Jennifer says

31. Jennifer | June 24th, 2008 at 2:34 pm
    Kx3 mommy i don’t think your a bad mom because the way you dress your girls but extensions?
    I admaire the way you bring up your girls and i think your a good mommy!
    my little girl has braiding in her hair right now and she love’s it she has it done whenever she want’s just simply because she love’s them and she ask’s for them done.
    And i don’t think their is anything wrong with that.
    As for the way Jaden and Willow are dressed it’s the 21st centry people all kid’s are dressed like that nowaday’s!!!!
    they look fab!

5. ashley says

they are over done and don’t look like natural kids their age. They have been staged for these photo opportunitites.

6. Jennifer says

I admaire the way you bring up your girls and i think your a good mommy!
    And i don’t think their is anything wrong with that.
    they look fab!

7. bj's mom says

Gigi…..i think your absolutely right. the clothes really arent a big deal and they are on the red carpet. the glasses make them look older, thats it!

Such adorable children! Well, I suppose I’m a bad mom because I dress my three year -old and almost two year- old like Willow is dressed….not the sunglasses, though….but lots of metallic-looking pieces with sequins, rhinestones, etc. I also do very similar things with my girls’ hair, what with braiding in gold strands and all; Kimora actually has extensions right now. But if the paparazzi were snapping my girls at nighttime, you can bet that they’d have shades, too! 🙂

9. Gigi says

Ok, so I was looking at the photos and decided that there is nothing actually wrong with their clothes. It’s all about the SUNGLASSES!. Yep, that is what is decidedly off about their attire. Sunglasses make people look cool. Kids not wearing sunglasses that are made out of pink plastic are out of place. If they were wearing pink sungless, nobody would be complaining.

10. Kelli says

They are too grown for my taste too. They are cute but would be cuter in age appropriate clothing.

11. Just me says

I don’t see anything wrong with their clothes, either, esp. Jaden’s. They’re at a premier, after all, so they’re bound to look a little dressed up/styled. They look a little grown up, but they’re cute.
    I don’t like Jaden’s hair, though, sorry … I just prefer a clean-cut look, that’s all.

12. N says

I actually dont see what is wrong with their clothes. Willow has on a pair of khaki slacks and not one but 2 shirts. Jaden has on a pair of green khakis and a t-shirt. With a button down thrown over it. What is so extra about khakis and tees for 9 and 7 year olds. The sunglasses are worn because of the flashes from all the cameras on the red carpet. You guys crack me up!

13. Jamie's Mom says

Clothes like what Barb. Jeans and a button down. They’re having fun. and I’m pretty sure every other kid at that premiere looks like that. And they are trying to model their mom and dad, big deal. Both will and jada are great role models and if thats they way that they are going then good luck to them. I hope that they make it

14. barb says

Clothes like this, on 7 and 9 year olds, is exactly why I send my daughters to a uniform school. I hate these kinds of clothes on kids this age, it just looks so costumey. When my daughters wear every day clothes, they’re so happy to be in anything other than the plaid uniform that they are thrilled with whatever we decide together is both cute and fashionable (what they care about) and age appropriate (what I care about) attire for them. They look great, and they manage it without looking like they’re trying to be 8 years older than they are.

15. ava says

Ms sugar wall why would I INTIMIDATED of willow and jaden there are many AFRICAN AMERICAN kids born to actors. Who actually dress the way they should simone the rock daughter ming akoi puff daddy children natalia gianna if you can read I said willow is trying to dress like she 13 not act like she 13 dimwit. And why would I say something about a child hair. Stick to the subject. Btw stop using upper case letters.

16. ava says

ms sugar wall I ‘m not jealous of willow and jaden there are many AFRICAN AMERICAN kids born to actors. Who actually dress the way the should simone the rock daughter ming akoi puff daddy children natalia gianna if you can read I said willow is trying to dress like she 13 not act like she 13 dimwit. And why would I said something about a child hair. Stick to the subject.

HOW IS SHE TRYING TO ACT LIKE SHE IS 13? I MEAN..YOU WOULD SOUND SO MORE CREDIBLE IF

U ACTUALLY KNEW THEM
    IF U WERE THEIR NANNIE

AND SO WHAT? WHAT ARE U PEOPLE TRYING TO REALLY SAY? AND I THINK THAT U PEOPLE ARE INTIMIDATED BY SUCCESSFUL AFRICAN AMERICAN KIDS! ADMIT! THIS IS THE NEW WORLD!
    AND AGAIN WILLOW AND JADEN IS THEIR OWN LITTLE PEOPLE! I MEAN LOOK HOW MANY KIDS ARE WEARING HAIR PAST THEIR SHOULDERS..

AREN’T U PEOPLE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THAT?

18. ava says

I saw many children with famous parents. Who doesn’t dress the way jaden and willow dose? Look at kaia she is 6 years old she is dress like a little girl should dress. willow is only 7 trying to dress like she 13 years old. There are many stars kids around willow age who dress the way they should simone(the rock daughter) lily liv ava and many more.

19. Zbella says

OK… My point was that she looks very grown up. My kids look like kids. No, I’m not an actor nor do I live in CA – for that very reason. I want my kids to be kids – and worry about style when they are grown up, if they feel like it.

All the recent photos I’ve seen, they look really glitzy. They could be just fine, and I hope they are. But it appears that they are into looks too much for pre-pre-teens.

and just because your 7 year old doesn’t dress like willow..what does that mean? you daughter is not willow and willow isn’t your daughter, and U are not hollywood actors!

This is the way she dressed and who says that she dresses like this all the time? THEY ARE ON THE RED CARPET..duhh!

whatever…If it was cindy crawfords kids with sun glasses..I highly doubt that it wouldn’t be too much..rright?

Maybe, They wanted to wear sunglasses and it looks like Jada keeps them really grounded.

How can you tell all of this from one picture?? NON SENSE

22. Zbella says

Yup – growing up too fast. I have an almost 7 year old and she dressed nothing like Willow – who is styled. Her brother, sorry, but not a cute look. It’s way too grown up for a 9 year old.

23. Dee says

Over-styled and overdone. They shouldn’t be dressed like glitzy teenagers. Beautiful children, maybe growing up to fast.

I do not see how you can tell from a picture that these kids look like they are being “extra” or that “fame has gone to their heads” They look like they are enjoying the red carpet just as any child would. I’m sure they have someone dressing them for the event…Jaden probably didn’t wake up and decide “hmm let me wear my shirt half in and half out”

It’s their night to have fun and milk the spotlight for a moment…let them have fun, their 9 and 7.

I was thinking exactly the same thing! In previous pictures, they just looked like cute little children, but here, they seem so overstyled, like they want to win some modeling contest. As far as i’ve heard from Will Smith, he wants them to excell at what they set their minds to, and Willow is very determined to be a good actress. I just hope with all this career pushing going on, they don’t loose their childish innocence too early and are forced to enter an adult world too young. After all, you can never turn back the time and just enjoy spending your day at the creek or playing hopscotch once you’re an adult.

By the way, if you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog
    http://www.sunnykidstyle.com about stylish design for kids :):) After yesterday’s feature on animal alphabets, I am focusing on designer wooden and tin toys today.

26. Jessie says

I agree with all three of the posts before me: amy and bj’s mom. They are very cute, but I hope fame doesn’t get to their heads. Will is very conservative, so hopefully he will pass that knowledge on to his kids, but only time will tell.

27. amy says

ok, one more thing: why would kids need to wear sunglasses inside? it’s probably b/c they are modeling after their parents behavior. i’m sure they have a personal stylist, too. oh well… i just hope they turn out to be good people in spite of money/fame.

28. amy says

There is no doubt that they are cute kids… I just hope that fame doesn’t go to their heads. Kinda seems as though it already has. I hope they can remain grounded, humble, considerate people in spite of the hollywood and their REALLY famous parents. I mean, look at Jaden’s shirt 1/2 tucked in and 1/2 tucked out… he’s 9!!! I hope I’m wrong, but they do seem a little materialistic to me.. (due to their parents, not their “fault”). Again, I could be wrong.