Jamie Lynn & Family Home From The Hospital

Jamie Lynn Spears

Jamie Lynn, Casey and little Maddie were catching up on rest Saturday following the birth Thursday at a hospital in McComb, Miss., near the Spears family home across the state line in Kentwood, La., a source told People magazine.

Jamie Lynn was discharged from the hospital overnight Friday. Their car had a police escort home.

“They’re doing terrific,” the source said. “The baby’s got 10 fingers and 10 toes … and a full head of hair. She’s long, a tall baby, and she weighs 7 lbs, 11 oz.”

When the baby was born at about 9:30 a.m., Jamie Lynn’s sister, Britney Spears, and the rest of the Spears and Aldridge families were just outside the birthing room in the spacious maternity suite.

The relatives then joined the new family in the birthing room and took turns holding Maddie Briann and commenting on her features. When new grandmother Joyce Aldridge held the baby, she remarked that Maddie “has Casey’s toes,” the source shared.

Jamie Lynn, 17, and Casey, 19, intend to get married soon, but no date has been announced. Jamie Lynn recently purchased a home in nearby Liberty, Miss., where she and Casey have been living for about three weeks.

1. Cindy says

I don’t know why people don’t just leave Jamie Lynn and cute little family alone. I wonder how old where you people when use had your first child? You better think before you speak… Jamie Lynn your daughter is cute.. My self I have 3 Girls, and a boy…

2. georgia says

Yes,this will be the hard thing that you ever had to do in your life.Rest as the baby does,ask for help that is what your mother and his mother are right now to help you get things going .listen when a mother try to tell you something cause in the end you will need it for something.
    Remmber that GOD will make I way for a family to be one and stat togetther just GOD in and everthing will work

3. jenna murphy says

congrats guys dont bother listening to all those comments about being too young to have a child i wish ye all the luck in the world just get on with yer life all my love

#12 it is because of people like you that the world is turning into what it is…you are probably one of those people who would happy would if your teenage daughter came home knocked up…with that “oh well things happen” attitude.

5. kc says

#11 – Yes there is sex education but ACCIDENTS STILL HAPPEN! Why are you condemning them for making a bad decision *unprotected sex* they are doing the responsible thing and doing what they “need to do” and just trying to make the best of their situation they created for themselves…I am very proud of the way Jamie and Casey are handling this. CONGRATS YOU TWO, don’t listen to stupid closed minded people! 🙂

No!!!! There should be NO congrats for these two!!!! They are kids themselves and this is why society is taking a turn for the worst, because of kids like this!!!! I am so sick of the media glamourizing trash like this
    “oh teen pregnancy..congrats” bullcrap!!!!

Jamie & Casey are idiots…this was done to keep Jamie in the news and a chance for Casey to mooch money the rest of his life.

With all the sexual education we have today there is
    There are a million precautions to take..Jamie wanted to get pregnant..(oh Mommy, Daddy feel sorry for me too wah wah, look at me, not Brittney..wah wah)

That is one of the most DISFUNCTIONAL families I have ever seen, they should not be seen or heard….
    How can Lynn show her face in public is beyond me…

7. ashley says

good luck to the young couple
    it will be interesting to see how long the fairy tale will last.. you know it won’t last right?

8. Bridget's Mommy says

It seems to me that Jamie Lynn wasn’t as careful as she should have been at 16 years of age. But that is in the past now and all they should being worrying about is that baby and not letting Grandma get her paws on it. Just look what happened to Briney and Jamie Lynn. Their mom wanted fame and looks like she didn’t care if messed with her daughters health and happiness. Britney went craxy and Jamie Lynn got pregnant at a very young age. I just hope they take better care of that baby than what their mom did them. GOD BLESS THAT NEW LITTLE FAMILY!

9. Lauren says

Congratulations! I’m sure Jamie Lynn and Casey are trying the best they can. They seem to be handling everything with such grace with the media glare on them.

10. N says

#6……. Answer: Women began to have careers like men and make as much money as men. So men are no longer really needed to support a family. Along with that comes divorce and the thought of someone else taking your hard earned money! Also, more women are willing to be single-parents. IMO

11. Peppers says

If she spread her legs and had sex, why would she be shocked to find out she was pregnant? Don’t be so naive.

Though this pregnancy surely must have come as a shock to Jamie Lynn, I am surprised at how well she has handled it all, getting her High School diploma before the babies birth, moving out of the public spotlight… She seems much more mature than people first gave her credit for. Though they were probabyly not excellently educated about contraception I imagine, I am surprised how well Jamie has handled all her new responsibilites so far.

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog
    http://www.sunnykidstyle.com about stylish design for kids :):) Sunny greetings

congrats to jaime lynn and casey on there baby girl

i bet maddie is cute

and sean and jayden will protect there baby cousin lol

i wnat to see pics of Jayden and Sean too

14. sara says

All i can say is congradulations to these guys. It truely sounds like they’re doing their best to make this work. wow. happy news!