Jamie Lynn Spears & Casey Aldridge Welcome A Daughter!

Jamie Lynn Spears

Jamie Lynn Spears and her fiancé Casey Aldridge welcomed a baby girl Thursday morning.

The baby was named Maddie Briann. Maddie weighed 7 lbs., 11 ounces.

“Just the family was there,” said a source about the birth around 9:30 a.m. at Mississippi Southwest Regional Medical Center in McComb, Mississippi, near her Louisiana hometown. “Everyone is healthy and happy.”

Jamie Lynn’s sister Britney, father Jamie and brother Bryan flew in Wednesday to be with her for the birth; her mother Lynne had been with her helping her get ready for the baby.

Since announcing her pregnancy in December, Jamie Lynn has kept a low-profile in her hometown of Kentwood, La.

With her Nickelodeon show Zoey 101 already ended, Jamie Lynn went home to prepare for the birth of her baby. The actress, 17, and Casey, 19, got engaged in March. Recently, the couple purchased a three-bedroom home in Liberty, Miss., where Casey went to high school.

Over the last few months, Jamie Lynn has kept busy by passing her GED exam, preparing the nursery and attending multiple baby showers.

Jamie Lynn’s Zoey 101 costar, Erin Sanders, told People magazine earlier this year that the actress will be a fun mother.

“She is just a very good-hearted and warm person,” he said. “We would always hang out on the set and she is a lot of fun, so I think she’s going to be an easygoing, fun mom.”

Congratulations!

Comments

1. RachLynne says

Wow, some of you guys are extremely rude!
    Yeah she was 16, but atleast she has a good head on her shoulders now. It could be waayyy worse, she could be 21 with 5 kids like this girl ik. And Denise, abortions are bad! Thats killing a baby!! JL is a b*tch how is her having a baby illegal? Dumbass. Not everyone believes in no sex til after marriage.
    Congrats Jam! Maddie is so adorable!

2. Young mom says

Just because Jamie Lynn is young does not mean that the baby is going to suffer any like some of you make out. Yeah teen Pregnancy is not good, and it is hard, but I had my daughter at 17. I’m not on welfare, I have taken care of her on my own with my husband. I got married to her daddy, but not before she was born. My daughter is now a healthy, smart, thriving 4-year-old. Something that probably should of been the biggest mistake in my life, turned out to be the greatest to happen in my life. I hope that Jamie Lynn turns out to be the best mom ever, just so she could show up her critics. And I wish her all the best because I know she has a long, hard road ahead of her.

3. bj's mom says

good point Denise…she is lucky enough to have the money (which most teens dont) but then again the cameras following her everywhere just like Britney, catching everything they do wrong and the whole world knowing about it….i couldnt handle that.

4. Denise says

If she had given the baby away or had an abortion, then everyone would’ve been condemning her. She was 16. Just because she is a celebrity doesn’t mean she’s not going to make the same mistakes other 16 yrs olds make. I really hate the fact that people feel that just because a person is on TV or in sports, that they are going to be perfect role models. It is the parents job to teach their kids right from wrong, not celebrities. She does have money on her side, but she also has the media and us following and judging her every move. We are congratulating the fact that a healthy baby was born, which unfortunately is not always the case.

5. momto5 says

The thing is there are people willing to adopt, however, most people want babies. My children, most of them, were toddlers and older. My husband and I wanted children, if they came to us out of infancy, so be it. The most unselfish act a teen can do for their baby is to consider a couple who want to adopt. Teens pregnancy is a problem in this country, perhaps a solution to it is to fully support the teen who gives up her baby. She should feel like a hero for doing so.
    My point to this whole issue is this, JLS sends the wrong message to teens who are having babies. Most teens are not prepared for children. She, because of her “celebrity”, can provide financially for her baby, but how many teens do you know that can also do this?

6. momto5 says

You’re right, 37. Some people would point fingers, and they have, at least until I inform them that 4 of my children are adopted. Holier than thou, no. I’m just a concerned mom who takes her parenting very seriously.

7. Jx2 says

#36 – Rather than focus on other people’s misfortunes try to spend your time addressing the needs of your 5 children. Good grief – 5 children!! Teenage pregnancy is not a laughing matter and I agree with you there. However, I also know a lot of urban yuppies and eco-conscious people that would have some not so nice things to say about a women having 5 children in this day and age!! Carbon footprints, landfills filled with poopy dia*pers, diminishing food resources, the list goes on! It so easy to point fingers and take on the holier than thou attitude.

8. Jx2 says

#36 – Rather than focus on other people’s misfortunes try to spend your time addressing the needs of your 5 children. Good grief – 5 children!! Teenage pregnancy is not a laughing matter and I agree with you there. However, I also know a lot of urban yuppies and eco-conscious people that would have some not so nice things to say about a women having 5 children in this day and age!! Carbon footprints, landfills filled with poopy diapers, diminishing food resources, the list goes on! It so easy to point fingers and take on the holier than thou attitude.

9. momto5 says

N
    Happy? No, I’m not happy. We live in a world where teenage girls are getting pregnant just because. They have no thought about the outcome of teen pregnancy. Most teens end up dropping out of school, on welfare, and without much of a future. Parenting is the hardest job in the world. It takes every bit of thought and energy you have. There a very few teens who are ready for that responsibility~JLS has one thing on her side, $$$. I’m sure $ offers for the pictures are pouring in. God bless little Maddie and all babies born to 16 and 17 year old kids.

10. N says

Congratulations Jamie on getting your GED at 17. When most high-schoolers graduate at 18.

Happy #32(momto5)!!

Also, Congratulations on bringing a healthy child into this world. I give her congrats because she along with this child could have died. Having children is a miracle…treat it that way.

#33 learn to spell before condemning anyone.

11. Jamie-Lynn is a B**** says

illegal child

how can these people be a proud of illegal children

at least britney had her 2 sons from a real marriage

Disgussting JLS and Bone head Casey

how u people become happy for people like them?

12. momto5 says

Congrats? How about congratulating her on something like graduating High School or setting an example for all of the little girls out there who are fans of her show? Teen pregnancy is a problem in this country. Have any of you read the report on the teen pact in Mass? To have “celebrities” glorify it like this is an outrage. Here’s another thing, her sister was how old when she became a mom? That didn’t turn out so well did it.
    God Bless that baby girl and JLS too They’re goiing to need it

13. Nic says

I just read on the site “Celebrity Baby Blog” that JLS was induced but did not have a Csection.

14. Libraesque says

It’s Summer everyone. People like Jessica – Ann are out in full force, ready to cause distruction.

Congratulations! Wow, I wasn’t expecting to read about this for at least another week. But of course babies have their own schedules, whn they want to be born. But since Britney and her brother flew in only yesterday, perhaps the birth was induced, or her labor already started Wednesday, probably that I assume. Anyway, they picked a nice name. I’m also wondering, whether Maddie is just a nickname for Madeline. But since Jamie Lynne’s name is quite similar, I suppose it’s her official name.

By the way, sunnykidstyle children’s design blog has a new URL. Now memorizing where you can find all sorts of great toy, fashion and decor ideas has become even easier! Check out: http://www.sunnykidstyle.com Sunny greetings 🙂

16. Jx2 says

#11 Are you stu*pid or are you stu*pid Jessica – Ann of Green Gables – what’s it going to be? take your pick!!

Hark!! I think you are stu*pid, there is no E in the word judging!!

Go back to elementary school and learn the rules of grammar! Then perhaps you might have an iota of knowledge with which to argue your point. Right now, you are sounding rather asinine.

17. boo says

#11 Jessica Ann, For the record not EVERYONE on here Judged Jamie Lynn when it was announced she was expecting… in fact she had Many supporters on here sending her best wishes!!!!

I for one am very happy for them, and hope that all went well with the delivery!! And I to Look so forward to seeing what this young Lady looks like 🙂

18. Tam says

any 17 year old is going to be a fun easygoing mother, what a dumb comment that other teenager made lol..

19. jennifer says

I had my baby when i was 18 and I grew up real fast and i’m now 22 and being the best mom i can be to my son and raising him by myself . so I hope JLS does a great job being a teen mother and not go out partying and letting a nannny take care of her daughter like her sister britney was to her two lil boys , I hope JLS has learned from her sisters mistakes and doesnt turn out to be like britney !!!

20. Jessie says

Congratulations! Wow, today I posted a comment on another post saying how cute the name Cailynn was. I guess that was either a rumor or they decided on Maddie; either way it is a cute name!

21. Liza says

Jessica,
    Your post is rude and ignorant. You don’t know the nationality of the people posting here and you don’t know which of these people were critical of JLS.

And people were not judging her, they were being critical of the publicity given to the situation and the situation itself. That’s not the same as being judgemental.

22. Jessica - Ann says

Listen lady who do you think you are telling me to shut up how dare you!
    how about you Fu** off. you stupid little twat.

23. 2teens says

Jessica-Ann, some of those posters above are not Americans at all… so shut up with your stupid stereotyping.
    Of course people were shocked at the beginning of her pregnancy, she was 16. What do you expect, that people will remain in a state of shock forever and ever? The baby is here, now it’s time for Jamie-Lynn to grow up (fast). Maybe you should try growing up a little too.

24. Jessica - Ann says

ok when you all first found out she was having a baby you were all judgeing her and now your like oh can’t wait to see picture’s oh what a cute name.
    whatever some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
    typical american’s.