Nicole Kidman Opens Up About How She Cried When She Saw The Ultrasound

Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman opened up in July’s Vogue about expecting her first child with husband Keith Urban.

After suffering two miscarriages with ex Tom Cruise, the 40-year-old actress (who is due in July) said she cried when she saw the ultrasound.

“I didn’t think I’d get to experience that in my lifetime,” she admitted. “I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I’m going to embrace that completely.”

Nicole, who has two adopted children, Connor, 13, and Isabella, 15, from her marriage to Tom Cruise, opened up in the magazine:

Being happy and pregnant:
“My sister has had four kids, and she says that when you’re pregnant you draw people to you who are genuinely happy. She’s right. It taps into that thing in human nature that is universal and collective and beautiful.”

Life in Tennessee:
“I’ve been in Tennessee, just sitting. We have a farm there, and I have an organic vegetable garden. This is a path I’d not taken before. My mum’s always gardened. My sister gardens. And I’ve now conformed to the Kidman women’s hobby of gardening. And it is just a hobby. I’m not feeding the troops. There’s a softness to the Tennessee landscape that I just love. It’s very beautiful out there. We have deer and wild turkeys.”

Keith Urban’s battle with addiction:
“I’m so committed to this relationship, and so is he. I don’t have addiction problems, but love is a very powerful force in my life. It’s my fatal flaw and my virtue.”

New appreciation of life:
“You can fight life. You can wriggle and squirm and say, ‘This isn’t right.’ But I’m glad I’ve learned to let things flow. I’m now so much more capable of receiving love and giving it in a far different way. So to be given the blessing of a child at this stage of my life, you just say, ‘Wow, this was meant to be.’ ”

Vogue via source

Comments

1. Analise says

Every time I see Nicole she is beaming. She deserves this (any) happiness and it looks as if she finally has it with a loving husband and new baby on the way.

2. pia says

can’t you just be happy for them? They are so happy …apparently some of you are so jealous and it’s so obvious that you are.

3. pia says

they share custody of the children 6months wih him six months with her in the summer they are with TOM

4. Amanda says

Scientology is NOT above the law. She has rights that cannot be taken away unless she is proven unfit and we all know that would NEVER happen

Susanna: no I’m not British, but I thought some people know her music or, as this is a baby blog, have heard about her during her last pregnancy. I just hope she won’t gain as much weight again, she really hit an unhealthy limit during her last pregnancy. And I just saw there’s now also a post about her!

7. Rachel says

“OK I think Tom is a control freak HOWEVER he CANNOT legally keep those kids from her, all she would have to do is go to court and she could see them whenever she pleased. So stop blaming Tom for her not being in thier lives. He makes enough mistakes on his own and shouldnt be paying for hers.”

Amanda: Do a little research on Scientology and you’ll find out how wrong you are about that.

8. susanna says

Are you British sunnykidstyle?, only reason l ask is that i dont know if Charlotte Church is known in the States.Anyway l just love her, she has the voice of an angel and a terrific bubbly personality. Congrats to them both!

She sounds so happy, she finally seems to be at peace with her life. And after all this time of trying to conceive, it must seem like a mirracle to her. I think if she doesn’t get to see Connor and Isabella very often, then it’s not her fault, but Tom seems to have a tight grip on them. They are even being homeschooled by his sister. I assume so they wouldn’t have an other influences around them (or all other kids telling them their dad is a creep with his scientology obsession). Wishing her, Keith and the baby all the best!

By the way, have you heard already, Charlotte Church is expecting her second baby. Congratulations!

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids :):) Today’s topic is colorful 60s/70s vibe. Sunny greetings 🙂

10. KayG says

I believe that Nicole loves her children but isn’t allowed to talk about them. They live with their father so she probably doesn’t have a very close relationship with them so she is seeking solace with this baby. I don’t blame her one bit.

11. N says

I read somewhere that they had a clause in their custodial agreement for the kids not to be around substance abusers. Keith was in rehab and I think that played a part in the visitation she has with them…. Tom is a BIGGER star than Nicole. Although she does get pap coverage Tom will always get more coverage than her. SO….you will see more pictures of him with the kids than her.

12. Anon says

From what I’ve read, she spends time with Connor and Isabella, but she does so in a very private manner. She seems to be a very private individual, so it’s not a big surprise that you don’t see her out flaunting what she’s doing – unlike other individuals (Tom & Kate).

Like others have said, this is only pieces of a larger article, so I guess we’d have to read the whole thing first…..

13. Puh-leeze says

I think that Kidman doesn’t use the time she has with Connor and Isabella to make sure she’s photographed at every moment like Cruise does. She could very, very well spend as much time as their parenting plan gives her with her older children, just spending TIME with them, since she gets so little. They were in Australia with her for weeks and you only saw a couple pics because she doesn’t court the press with them!

14. Amanda says

15. Granny says

Maybe in the interview they didn’t ask about Conner and Isabella. Afterall this is only a small part of a largre interview anyway.

16. Liza says

I think she does have a relationship with her other children. But she isn’t the first non-custodial parent to live a considerable distance away from her children. Tom has physical custody of them, which means that the likelihood that we will see them with him is much higher. I happen to think she adores those kids, and is hurt by the fact that they choose to call someone else mom.

The questions in this snippet of an article are about her pregnancy, and they aren’t the whole article. How do we know she didn’t talk about her other children? They are questions and answers given to the press, not the whole article and probably not her entire answers to these questions.

17. Jacquie says

I agree with #8. I think Connor and Isabella are sadly caught up in that Scientology crap, and it’s affected their relationship with their Mother (jmo)

I like Nicole Kidman and this is a nice side of her! I’m so glad she gets to experience pregnancy.

18. Lauren says

Good for Nicole for her to find true happiness with Keith. They both deserve it. I don’t like how Tom and Nicole are going around gushing about their “bio” child is their only kids. Connor and Isabella deserve better than that.

19. Sandy says

She should wear brighter colors, that dress is too drab n her and with her pale skin it isn’t good. she is a wonderful actress and I think she will be a good mother. I totally belive that Tom controls the other kids and keeps their distance from her.

20. ANTI says

I wonder if she doesn’t talk about her kids because they are not a big part of her life due to Tom’s controlling ways. It’s been said that the kids are Scientologists and do not call her Mom – who influenced that – Tom. He uses the press to show what a “happy” family he has. When dating Katie, they went to many soccer games of Connor’s but now with Suri’s arrival, you hardly ever see the first two kids – sad, I guess they are expendable. I wish Nicole well but it does seem that she and Tom have both moved on and the two adopted kids are left in the background. Oh well, their tell-all memoirs are due in about 10-15 years.

21. Jx2 says

You know, I have to admit that I never liked Nicole Kidman. Her acting is good but I found her very personality in interviews to be cold and stoic. I think that this baby is changing her into a warmer person. I’m glad she found her calling.

22. Christine says

I don’t know – she makes me uncomfortable with the whole pregnancy thing. It’s like this kid is he only kid and the only one that matters. You NEVER see her w/Connor & Isabella.
    Say what you might about Tom, but at least you know those kids are a very active part of his (and Katie’s) life.

23. 2teens says

She sure sounds like she’s enjoying every minute of her pregnancy. I am happy for her. She’s like a little earth mother, with some glamour thrown in 🙂

24. Ileana says

God bless her & I’m super glad she is happy, life is beautiful, we go through hard things, but happiness is found in the simplest of things, you don’t need glamour or lots of money , just bo be in peace with yourself.

25. letitbe says

I am very happy to see she is doing well. It was not meant for her to have a child w/ Tom Cruise. She was meant to have her baby w/ her true love. I wish them the best.