Mary Lynn Rajskub's Baby Shower

Mary Lynn Rajskub

Mary Lynn Rajskub

Eight-months-pregnant Mary Lynn Rajskub enjoyed her baby shower Saturday at her L.A.-area home.

Mary Lynn, 36, who is expecting her first child with live-in boyfriend Matthew Rolph, a personal trainer, told People magazine at the shower that they’re keeping the sex of the baby a surprise. “I’m excited for the surprise,” shared Mary Lynn, who painted her nursery green. “We only have one more ultrasound where we have to cover our eyes!”

Guests at the BabyCenter-hosted event, enjoyed pulled-pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, truffle fries and mini turkey burgers in Mary Lynn’s backyard. Also on hand was a ‘dunk-a-dad’ station and a swimming pool, where many of the guests (including Mary Lynn!) took a dip to beat the heat.

The actress, who is currently filming the eighth season of 24, said it’s good to be working – despite her growing belly. “Everyone is so nice to me,” she joked. “I sit behind my computer and every time I stand up, they yell cut, and bring in a body double.”

But Mary Lynn said she has yet to receive a baby gift from costar Kiefer Sutherland, who is currently in South Africa filming the 24 TV movie. “What do you think he’ll get me?” she wondered. “A guitar? A car? Maybe he’ll send something from South Africa.”

1. 2teens says

She is the actress on 24, which is a VERY popular tv series in the US. I never watched it myself… but my hubby never missed an episode. Also stars Kiefer Sutherland.

I also thought it sounded a bit strange how she expects to get presents, but perhaps she was joking about it, and of course that doesn’t show in the quote. And yes, offering maccaroni and cheese is odd, unless you invited a whole bunch of elementary school kids for your baby shower, which I suppose she did not. But then, pregnancy cravings are a weird thing, and maybe the maccaroni were not as much served for the guests as for the hostess.

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog about stylish design for kids :):) Today’s topic is architecture inspired modern design: toys, decor and tableware.

3. Rijay says

She served macaroni and cheese??
    I don’t know – if you have money, wouldn’t you go for something a notch up?

4. Just me says

I don’t know if it’s dangerous or not, but I’d probably be too scared to jump into a pool.
    When I was 8-9 months pregnamt, I slipped and fell on our basement floor while wearing slip ons with no traction. I kind of fell on my side and was able to jump right up but I told my doctor anyway. He actually said that it really takes a lot to hurt a baby in the womb becasue there’s so much padding. He said babies can survive really bad car accidents.
    Anyway, on a tangent, being in a pool while is the best feeling because the water holds you up and it takes the weight off!

5. Lilac says

I think it’s a little dangerous at 8 months pregnant to jump into a pool like that. I know I wouldn’t do it.

6. Jessie says

That’s cute. It sounds like she really enjoyed her baby shower. I thought it was weird how she said “I didn’t get a gift from Kiefer Sutherland yet.” It’s rude to expect a gift; even if you are friends.