An Expectant Billie Piper's Cravings For Greek Food

Billy Piper

Billie Piper, 25, has been having cravings for Greek food during her first pregnancy. Her husband Laurence Fox has used his culinary skills to help satisfy her cravings.

‘Billie is always hungry, so Laurence is cooking non-stop,’ a source shared. ‘He’s doing moussakas, Greek salads and meze.’

The couple are ‘over the moon’ about their baby, due at New Year, around the time of their first wedding anniversary.

‘Laurence is working 24/7 to make Billie feel cared for. He wakes up during the night to check if she is OK,’ said a friend.

And to accomodate her changing form ITV has enlisted a body double for Billie’s flesh-baring scenes in the next series of Secret Diary Of A Call Girl.

Comments

1. Jen says

I think if you eat things once in a while or in proportion, you’re fine. Pregnant women worry too much. I can say that too, because I was pregnant. :)

2. trace says

Now they are saying coffee/caffeine can cause misscarriages and stillbirths and cause lack of oxygen to the child’s brain. You just never know what they will say tomorrow about what you should avoid while pregnant.

3. Jx2 says

interesting 2teens – I never heard about it in the news here in Canada – then again I seldom read, listen or watch news and current events. It’s hard to comprehend that feta would make people ill that way because I know a lot of women that eat it, even when pregnant and nothing has happened to them. Maybe it was a contaminated batch of cheese? A similar incident happened with me. I had to cut out red meat from my diet about 5 years ago after I became severely ill after eating beef. After that, I cut out all meat and poultry.

4. 2teens says

This came about because in 1998 there was a listeria outbreak in 10 states due to feta cheese. It was a one time occurence as far as I know. They also added brie, camembert and chevre to the list. The CDC always has to say “pregnant or immunocompromised should avoid”…. because that is their job. But pregnant women need to use common sense with what they consume, you can’t take every report so seriously. They change it every year anyway. When I was pregnant with my first, coffee was a no no. Two years later, coffee was fine to drink while pregnant.

5. Maren says

If you google “foods to avoid during pregnancy” it will tell you all you need to know.
    Feta is known as a soft cheese which can be hosts for bacteria such as listeria.
    Only eat cheeses if they are pasterized.
    All I know is that one time with my last pregnancy I ate feta cheese on greek salad and I had diarhea so bad I got dehydrated and had to be hospitalized. The hospital phoned the restaurant to find out if the feta was pasterized and they didn’t know the answer.

6. Jx2 says

Feta is not raw cheese! The cheese is made from goat or sheep milk and i do believe that it undergoes a pasteurization process. Feta is stored in brine which is a salty water bath to keep it fresh and prevent drying out since it is a soft cheese with a lot of moisture. The salt water also cures the cheese.

If fear is preventing you from enjoying feta and you are afraid to eat it in it’s fresh form , you can also sautee it with eggs in a frying pan or grill it into the oven with some heirloom tomatoes and sprinkle it with fresh oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.

In my opinion it is harmless!!

7. Zbella says

Whoever she is, she is glowing.

I heard a million different things to avoid while pregnant. Basically, live in a bubble and maybe your baby will be OK. I ate smoked salmon, feta cheese and tuna fish .

Who knows, maybe my kids were just lucky to survive, but I don’t personally believe in this stuff. Yeah, it’s a good idea to avoid getting deathly ill while pregnant, but how could some feta cheese actually hurt you or your baby? I looked into the tuna issue since I ate it every day. There is differing research and I found some that claimed there is nothing to worry about – so that’s the research I chose to follow. :)

OK, I was wondering about exactly the same thing, and I couldn’t really come up with an answer. If it is because feeta is raw cheese, or whatever you call it, then there is almost not milk product you could eat while pregnant. And shouldn’t the salt or oil kill of germs? I think it’s much more important to know that you should not eat raw fish or eggs. If somebody on here knows more about what could possibly be dangerous about feta cheese, please explain to all of us uneducated ones :)

If you have a second to spare, I’d like to invite you to my new blog http://sunnykidstyle.wordpress.com/ about stylish design for kids :):)

9. Jx2 says

What???! that’s a crock of baloney!!
    I’ve seen oodles of pregnant women eating tubs of feta while in Greece. This must be a myth!! I have never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life!

10. Maren says

Well if she likes Greek food she will have to be aware to stay away from feta cheese, pregnant woman are not suppose to eat feta!