Tori Spelling & Husband Welcome A Daughter!

Tori Spelling

Tori Spelling and husband Dean McDermott welcomed their second child, a daughter, on Monday.

Stella Doreen McDermott was born at 3:13 p.m. in a Los Angeles hospital via C-section. She weighed 6 lbs., 8 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long, a rep for Tori said.

The couple also have a 1-year-old son, Liam Aaron. Dean, 41, has a son, Jack, 9, from a previous marriage.

Tori, 35, revealed she was expecting a girl in March.

“I’ve always wanted a little girl since I’m such a girly girly,” said Tori, who had an emotional reaction when she found out. “I immediately started crying. I couldn’t believe it. I have my beautiful little boy and now I’ll have my little girl! It’s amazing.

Tori, who reconciled with her mom Candy after Liam was born, hopes to correct the mistakes of the past.

“Because my mother and I have always had a complicated relationship, I always wanted a girl to prove that the past doesn’t have to repeat itself,” she told People magazine. “I can’t wait to be a great mom and friend to her.”

And be sure to check out Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood which premieres Tuesday, June 17th at 10pm on Oxygen!

1. Cathy says

your a beautiful family and love your new show, watched all of them since you have been on, also love the jewerly line. you go girl, and husband your the best ever for tori.

2. Zbella says

Just ignore sassy. I mean, how is a kid going to know or even care how they were born? As long as they are loved and cared for…

3. Sandy says

When was the last time he had a job? I like Tori and like their show. I think she is a good mother, I don’t think the little boy is cute at all and she isn’t pretty at all to me but i am glad they are a happy family together, hope it lasts.

4. Rachel says

“I became who I am after I experienced birth!’

Sassy: How sad and pathetic that it took that to make you into who you are. People who try to act like they’re better than others based on how their children are born need to seriously get a life – and check their priorities. I feel very sad for you and your screwed up priorities.

5. Liza says

Getting pregnant through IVF won’t cause your fertility to spike, having a full term pregnancy may restore natural fertility. It basically resets the body and many women, not most, are capable of conceiving the second time around without medication intervention.

#43, HE can’t find a job? When was the last time that Tori was paid for anything having to do with her acting skills?

6. Iliana says

I really didn’t know much about this family, but I was watching their show last night, and I think they look great together and I got a little hooked on their show, god bless them and their kids.

7. Carol says

Wonder how much they are gonna get for selling pics of Stella, I am sure we will see her soon. Tori and Dean have a price tag for everything, since he can’t seem to get a job.

8. Zbella says

They are so very close. 15 months! My baby is 21 months! I was pregnant or about to be pregnant by this time with my other children, but it’s not in the cards this time. 3 children have really filled our house and lives with joy and it will have to be enough.

Best of luck with IV, btw. Very exciting! I have to live vicariously now. 😉

9. Em says

I’m a little envious LOL– I was pregnant at the same time as Tori the first time around and am wavering about trying again soon. Was shocked when I heard she was pregnant again! Can’t believe she had them so close in age! Beautiful family though

#11–haha, me too. I wanted this one to be a girl, and they say it’s more than likely a boy.

I told my friend, “If you have a girl, I’ll be so jealous. You know, until she turns 2, and then I’ll just point and laugh.”

I totally agree though, those of us who have had no problems having kids are truly blessed and have to look on it that way because it’s harder for some people.

But to the lady having IVF–watch out! If you successfully get pregnant, your fertility will spike–I know several couples who had kids a year or two later that were total surprises. 😉

11. Jx2 says

I kind of like the name Stella. But I would have combined the name Stella with Luna as in Stella Luna. Now that – to me – is different.

12. Peppers says

Not the greatest name but I give her credit for picking normal names for her children unlike the rest of Hollywood.

13. susanna says

Just love the name Stella,l think Linda McCartney made it fashionable when she named her daughter.My son has Liam in his name,its Irish for William. Congrats to them both.x

14. nic says

Exactly Freya. Sassy has no clue. Here we go on the CSection topic again for like the 100th time this year. Hope it’s not as drawn out as last time.

15. SassyZ says

First a C-sectio, second at home! Yes those who opt for the section are insecure, I became who I am after I experienced birth! Not her loss but her childs so unfortunate such a selfish world, so selfish!!

16. Freya says

I have a 25 year old brother named Liam, and I’m not named Stella, but I think they work well together. I have a three year old daughter and a two year old son and I never wanted a boy, to be completely honest, and I know many people who are just the opposite, never wanting a girl. In the end, however, God decides and we should feel happy and blessed for the children we do have, no matter their gender. Congrats to Tori et al.

17. carleigh says

Vic, I believe she had the first C-section because of failure to progress, after having been in labor for some time Liam went into fetal distress.

This was likely a repeat C-section because she had a prior C-section. I don’t know if any woman chooses to have a C-section, but I do agree I would never opt for one.

I had a natural the first time at 24 and my second one was born via C-section 8 1/2 years later, mine was due to failure to progress and she never dropped.

I found recovery from the C was much worse and far more painful then the natural birth I had the first time. But, however a baby arrives…..the most important thing is the health of the mother and child…..and a baby is nothing short of a real miracle. Congrats again to Tori, Dean, Liam and baby Stella!!

18. Tempany says

she had a c/s because she had to have an emergency c/s with liam and most doctors will not attempt a vbac less than 2 years after the c/s. x

19. Vic says

What I want to know is why did she have a c/s? Is she another one who’s too posh to push? or was there a problem? I think anyone who’d opt for a c/s must be NUTS!

20. Jessica says

Some of us like me wish that we could just be able to have a child. After going to an Infertility Clinic for the past two years, I am finally doing In Vitro next month! My husband and I are so excited!

21. Zbella says

Stella is OK and Doreen is not my cup of tea, but they are cute Irish names, which match nicely with Liam. Congrats to the growing little family. I wonder if they are done now?

22. emma says

lol. When I saw the post it said 14 comments then after I posted it I was #17, guess I repeated too without knowing.

23. carleigh says

I like the name Stella it’s old fashioned and timeless, the name Doreen is after Dean’s mother who passed away.

I can’t wait to see pictures of the little bundle and I’m sure she’s just as cute as Liam is. Nice to hear that they have a healthy little bundle…….congrats to their family!

24. boo says

Awww How great, Can’t wait to see pics of this little bundle, I bet she’s beautiful!!
    Love the name, it’s very old school and classy, she was likely named after Grandmothers or something of that sort!

Congratulations to them! And this time, I didn’t read so quickly that I missed the name, LOL I think Stella is great, a timeless, feminine name. About Doreen I am not so sure, a few years ago I heard a joke about a sheep named Doreen, and though I cannot recall the essence of the joke, it still stuck and I have this association with sheep now, when I hear of Doreen. But I suppose that’s just me. That said, I like their choice of names (Liam and Stella), not too exotic, easy to pronounce (also in different languages), not a fashion name, equally suited for all ages and clearly masculine or feminine. As Liam’s middle name is derived from Tori’s dad, is Doreen perhaps Dean’s mom’s name?

Great comment, Amber, I also think it’s much more important that they are healthy, the gender really doesn’t matter, people sometimes forget about that.

By the way,today’s theme on my children’s design blog is black&white elegance. And I also included some picks for the parents.

26. letitbe says

LOL, I was thinking the same thing #10 Jessie.
    People tend to focus on that one commet all the time.
    Well said, get over it.

27. Amber says

I would want a little girl…not a teenage daughter. I am fine with my 3 boys. Too many people lose sight of how lucky they are just to have healthy kids. I thank my lucky stars that my kids are healthy and that is the first thing I say when they make a comment like, “oh, 3 boys, don’t you want I girl?” I say ” I just want healthy kids, that is what’s important and they usually shut up.”

28. Jessie says

Okay, we get the point, not everyone wants a girl. Get over it. It was just a comment.

I do not like Stella Doreen’s name, but I can’t wait to see her!

I agree with #6…not everyone wants one of each. I know a few people with 3 or more of one gender of child, and most of them seem pretty happy with what they have.

It’s fun to have one of each, but we’re on a tiebreaker now because we just wanted ONE more. 🙂

30. Kimberely says

Finally a normal baby name. Stella is beautiful and Doreen is a classy name. I am so happy for them, and wish them all the best. And thanks for a nice, normal name that is still not a everyday name you hear but is beautiful.

31. bj's mom says

Sara….not all moms want a girl. I have 2 boys and have no desire for a girl. But, anyone who does, and has one…God bless them and Congrats to Tori and Dean. i dont care for the name tho….reminds me of my old lady neighbor…lol.

32. emma says

#2 in a perfect world every mom would have one of each, but as you know it doesn’t always work out that way. There is some mom’s out there who would really like a specific gender but it’s not in the cards. Look at Posh, she has three boys and is desperate to have a girl. She has enough money to do the sperm seperation so maybe it could work out for her. Anyway, Congrats to Tori and Dean. She always wanted a girl. Lucky her.