Mark Wahlberg & Girlfriend Expecting Their Third Child

Mark Wahlberg

(Above Mark, Rhea and their two children were snapped at Sesame Place last summer)

Already a father to two toddlers, Mark Wahlberg is getting ready to welcome his third child.

And Mark, 37, and his longtime girlfriend Rhea Durham, 29, may not stop there.

“When the kids are good, we want eight or nine,” Mark said Monday in L.A. while promoting his new film, The Happening. “When they’re bad, we want to stop at three.”

The couple have a daughter, Ella, 4 and a son Michael, 2, and Mark (who didn’t disclose Rhea’s due date) says having a full house is “awesome.”

“Hectic at times,” he admits. “But a lot of fun.”

In The Happening, Mark plays a science teacher in the new thriller, out June 13th, trying to stay alive against a mysterious and deadly phenomenon.

But Mark says his own fears are far more real.

“My fear is failing as a father, as a friend, as a son. I have a lot of responsibility and a lot of people counting on me,” he says. “And I know God has put me in this position to put back and try to create some opportunities for some others, show kids there is another way.”

Best Wishes!

1. CaliGrl says

Kinda weird that he is worried about failing as “a father, a friend and a son” and no mention of partner or spouse or mate. I think that he is not really in love with this woman. It’s ok if he does not want to marry, but if all she is to him is a “friend” then where is the love. I feel sorry for her. Just assuming that she keeps having children to tighten their bond and it does not seem to be working to well for her. BTW she is a very successful model. Google her to see.

2. imani says

IM happy for you but it can’t be true your sexy my heart is damged i thought i sould let you no. but what ever i still got nothing but love for you.

3. Rachel says

Zbella: Marrying someone is not a guarantee that the person will stick around either. With the divorce rate being as high as it is I find getting married so someone will stick around a weak reason.

And being famous has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not someone will stick around – and neither does a marriage certificate.

4. Liza says

Wow! You’re all so optimistic about a relationship you know very little about.

They shouldn’t get married unless THEY want to. Being married doesn’t necessarily make things better. It’s so disappointing to me that people seem to believe that marriage is this be all, end all of relationships, and that a relationship is lacking in some sort of legitimacy because the partners in it are not legally married.

If they separated, the children would be more than taken care of, and Rhea had a successful modeling career before she started a relationship with him. I’m sure she would manage to figure something out to support herself, but she would never have to worry about the children being taken care of.

5. Zbella says

Yes, and that’s not the only reason the Jolie Pitts are not getting married. They have both had failed marriages as well.

Anyway, I hope his PARTNER, who is not famous like Goldie Hawn or Susan Sarandon, and her children are well taken care of IF this doesn’t last forever.

True there is common law, but I think that takes 8 years or so, and he could probably use some lame excuse like he was on tour or on set and wasn’t officially “living” with her for the whole time, even if they did make it past 8 years.

6. Arianna's Mommy says

Number 12, so what is wrong with that reason? I am not bisexual, or gay, but I think everyone who wants to get married should be allowed. and I applaude Jolie and Pitt for helping bring more attention to the fact that not everyone can.

7. bambamswife says

There are a few couples in Hollywood who have been togother for a long time and have children_ Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel, and Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins. There are probably people in “real life” who do the same too. Does the law still apply that after so many years a couple lives together that they are married by common law? This really seems like a nice couple. I hope this is a couple who make it. Don’t you just “love” Brad Pitt and Joile’s reason for not getting married? They won’t get married until everyone can. I guess this is because Joile wanted to marry a woman and she couldn’t. She is bisexual.

8. Meg says

I don’t think “girlfriend” is the appropriate term to use. They live together and have kids so I’d be apt to call her his “partner”.

9. Zbella says

I am usually the last to comment on marriage. Brad & Angie made it clear they don’t plan to marry and they have their reasons. But why doesn’t Mark get married?! I have this terrible feeling his girlfriend may be left the raise their children alone some day. She is not famous like he is and has to be careful!

#8…it could be worse, he could just keep having babies with different women…

He’s not the first person in entertainment (or the world, gasp) to have kids without being married.

Congratulations! What a great interview, he really seems to be a nice person. And I think it’s great he’s thinking about more children, it’s always nice to grow up with siblings. That comment, about how he’ll make the decision is funny! Perhaps he needs a two year return policy, LOL!

Tomorrow, my children’s design blog will not only have some great ideas for kids, but also for moms and dads, all in tomorrow’s theme of black and white elegance. Sunny greetings!