Ashlee Simpson Confirms Her Pregnancy

Ashlee Simpson

Newlyweds Ashlee and Pete Wentz have confirmed that they are expecting their first child.

“While many have speculated about this, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially confirm that we are expecting our first child,” they wrote on Pete’s site, “This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family.”

After getting married in LA on May 17th, the couple honeymooned in Turks and Caicos.

The bride, who has changed her name to Ashlee Wentz but will go by Ashlee Simpson-Wentz professionally, told People magazine after the wedding, “I would love to have a big family one day.”

Added her new husband: “A big soccer team or a band!”

Best Wishes!

(Thank you Karen!)

1. gatorgurl says

2. Nic says

Mariah Carey didn’t want kids because she didn’t want to be or feel “violated” !!!!! Now she has changed her mind??THat’s interesting.

3. Lurker says

Okay..I take back saying that she always said she wasn’t pregnant.

I just remember early on both she and he were pretty adament about it–the last few notes about them have been more about “..not discussing it..“, calling it “a witch hunt” and stuff like that–and I swear I remember reading that in the beginnning they were outright saying “no way”.

Sorry! 🙁

But I still feel the same way about the outright denials from anybody when they could take the other road of just NOT discussing it at all.

4. Lurker says

I’m with you, #4. And personally, I’m waiting for Mariah’s news too. LOL! 😉

Now I wish them the best of luck for sure. I don’t think a lot of her, but I do like Fall Out Boy, and everyone deserves healthy, happy babies, whether we like them or not.
    But MAN it drives me nuts when these celebrities outright lie about stuff like this. ((**pet peeve**))

Now I totally think that info like this ISN’T anyone’s business, and I could see their feelings there, or the superstitions of revealing pregnancy news “too soon”. But, because they’re celebrities, people seem to think it IS their business. Do I personally care? No. Am I the tiniest bit curious? Sure.
    I like looking at baby pictures as much as the next person, which is why I come in here from time to time, as well as other sites, about stuff like this. But is it my business to know? Heck no!

However, I would have way more respect for any of these people if they’d just say “No comment”, or, “We don’t want to discuss our private lives”, etc. when they are cornered about it.
    Any of which could leave people wondering about it until they confirm it . (like they already do anyway!)
    But like in this case, even though people were speculating about it, these two came out and said “NO, we’re not pregnant”, which, obviously was a lie. I guess lying is just a pet peeve of mine. But it’s not like it wouldn’t become much more obvious and impossible to deny in time anyway, so why lie about it to begin with?

Don’t tell anyone else if you don’t want to..because, as I said, it’s NOT anyone else’s business, whether they’re celebrities or not–it’s not mine, it’s not the fans’ “right” to know such personal matters. But if you’re going to be photographed all the time, either asking for or just GETTING the publicity, just ignore the question if you can or give one of those canned answers…but why LIE?

Sorry..but I’m done venting now. 🙂

5. Amanda says

I hope they are good parents but you never can tell. You gotta hand it to Pete, he must not mind Papa Joe too much cause he still married Ash. You can tell they love each other though.

6. Jessie says

Finally they confirm it! Haha. I’m excited. I can’t wait to see how these two do as parents.