Bo Bice Reveals Baby Name

Bo bice

Bo Bice – who came in second behind Carrie Underwood in 2005’s American Idol – is revealing the name of his unborn son, who’s due in August.

“We’re having a little boy and we’re going to name him Caleb,” he told People magazine at the show’s season-seven finale Wednesday night.

This is the second child for Bo and his wife, Caroline Fisher, who are already proud parents to 2-year-old Adian Michael.

“Caleb is a good biblical name,” Bo added at the event, held at the Nokia Theater. “We stuck with that with both kids – good Irish and good biblical names … We’re just blessed to have such a beautiful family.”

“You know, all my dreams have come true,” Bo gushed. “To be able to be a dad and got out and perform shows and do what we love for a living, man … there’s nothing better!”

1. Jen says

Hi Ronnie- Caleb is in fact biblical. In the Old Testament, this is the name of one of the twelve spies sent by Moses into Israel. Of the Israelites who left Egypt with Moses, Caleb and Joshua were the only ones who lived to see the Promised land.

2. Lilac says

Caleb is Biblical. It’s a name from the Old Testament… Have you ever heard of Joshua and Caleb? Going into the Promised Land? You may not be very familiar with the Bible.

Caleb means loyal, bold, victorious. As in the character in the Old Testament, you know, which is in the Bible…

You should read the story. It’s a good one.

3. Ronnie says

Caleb is not biblical.
    It is french- for to rage like a dog.
    Against my discouraging, my sister named her son Caleb.
    I didn’t want her to name him that as I prefer names with some depth and meaning

4. Pika says

I have a 13 yr old Aidan. The name has become very popular in the last 5 years. My son is thrilled that
    there are more Aidans out there.

Aidan was a Saint-
    Aidan of Lindisfarne, born in Ireland, may have studied under St. Senan before becoming a monk at Iona. At the request of King Oswald of Northumbria, Aidan went to Lindisfarne as bishop and was known throughout the kingdom for his knowledge of the Bible, his learning, his eloquent preaching, his holiness, his distaste for pomp, his kindness to the poor, and the miracles attributed to him. He founded a monastery at Lindisfarne that became known as the English Iona and was a center of learning and missionary activity for all of northern England. He died in 651 at the royal castle at Bamburgh.

5. Amber says

So funny…I have an Aidan(which is not a biblical name to my knowledge, but it is Irish.) and my other son is Calum. We were going to go with Caleb but I wanted it a little different and not biblical. And I don’t think it would have sounded good with our last name.

6. jenna says

Caleb Bice? Poor kid will get called Kayla a lot–say it out loud, it sounds like Kayla Bice, or Caleb Ice. Our LN starts with B too and I nixed Caleb for that same reason.

And I have never heard of Adian as a biblical name. Anyone?