Angelina Jolie Confirms That She Is Having Twins!

Angelina Jolie

(In the above pic Angelina was snapped at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes, France, on Wednesday after confirming she’s pregnant with twins!)

Angelina Jolie

This time around will be double the pleasure for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who are expecting twins.

Jack Black let the news slip while doing a joint-interview with Angelina in Cannes to promote their movie, Kung Fu Panda. “You’re gonna have as many as [the] Brady Bunch when you have these,” he said during the chat with Today show’s Natalie Morales.

Asked by Natalie Morales if she is indeed having twins, Angelina replied, “Yeah, yeah, we’ve confirmed that already. Well, Jack’s just confirmed it actually.”

The children will be the fifth and sixth for the Brangelina bunch. The family currently consists of Maddox, 6; Pax, 4; Zahara, 3; and Shiloh, who turns 2 this month.

Pressed about the gender of the babies, Angelina said, “We would like to keep that private.”

Brad and Angelina are “thrilled” about adding to their brood, a source close to the couple told People magazine after Angelina debuted her baby bump at the Independent Spirit Awards in February.

The Brangelina bunch have been staying in France at Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s historic Florentine-styled Villa Maryland. Angelina is currently at the Cannes Film Festival promoting Kung Fu Panda.

Excerpts of the interview will air Wednesday on Access Hollywood, and the full interview will air Thursday on the Today show.

Wow! I guess it’s not surprising that they are expecting twins considering the history of twins on their families. Angelina’s uncles are twins. Brad’s sister, Julie, has twins and Angelina’s first cousin has twins!

<!–

–>Source

Comments

1. Jenna M. (UK) says

Mel – How can you say, “Of course it was IVF”? Where is your proof of that? Angelina is a healthy young woman in her early 30s, and twins run in both her and Brad’s families! So really there is abosolutely NO reason to suspect that she has had IVF.

As for your comment that the kids are “already showing signs of mental trauma” – rubbish! These kids are very lucky, not at risk of mental trauma. And how would you know anyway? You don’t know anything about this family apart from photos and what you read in the tabloids!

2. Fly On The Wall says

5. Mel | May 15th, 2008 at 9:06 am
    ***********************************************************

ROTFLMBAO!!!

I have read posts full of spite and bitterness on this blog before, but yours is absolutely unbelievable.

Honey, just because your parents never wanted you and gave you a rotten, miserable childhood, doesn’t mean Brad and Angelina’s children will suffer the same fate you did.

Angelina thought she never wanted to have children until she met Brad. He wanted a natural child and she loves him enough to give him one. Now she’s given him three and that just bothers the hell out of you, doesn’t it?

I realize it tears you up inside to think that Brad and Angelina actually havesex(!!!), but you can bet your last dollar, however painful it is for you, they did the nasty and got these twins the old fashioned way. Deal with it.

Now you need to do the following immediately before you slide into total insanity:

1) Go find a crayon (any color will do)
    2) Walk over to the nearest wall
    3) Write on the wall 100 times:
    Brad is NOT going back to Jennifer
    Brad is NOT going back to Jennifer
    Brad is NOT going back to Jennifer….

3. Jenna M. (UK) says

Congratulations to them.

What a lot of work though, 6 kids under the age of 6 (or will Maddox be 7 by then?), including two newborns! You’d either need the patience of a saint or a lot of nannies!

4. Candy says

Me too Lauren ..i am not a big fan of Angie i still blame her for Brad & Jen’s split & no one can blame me i am on Aniston’s team …anyway congratulations as long as she’s keeping her eyes on her babies why not having more?

5. Lauren says

I’m not a fan of Angelina or Brad but there’s no denying the fact that they love their kids. Those kids have a chance to have an amazing life and Brad and Angelina have the means to give it to them. Lay off them, for once!

6. Matilda says

She lost her looks. She looks like her brother nowadays. She does everything to be famous. Even the kids are for fame.

7. kelly says

I just hate this woman. I am just hoping she does not hurt those kids. She just switched one obsession for another. I think she used IVF because the deal with Brad is, we adopt and you have my kids. I just wonder why he chose such a sick woman to be the mother of kids. He is not bright either and Shiloh does not seen bright too.

8. Mel says

Just because a child is adopted and saved from a fate worse than death does not mean they deserve any less than those born in a loving and caring family. If for a moment her fans stopped blindly supporting her, they would realise that what she is doing is ridiculous. It is as though she knows it is her only way of keeping the media attention and her loose boyfriend. But seriously 6 kids in just over two and a half years is crazy when she admits that they are committed only to the children and that is all that matters (meaning a split cannot be ruled out, they don’t even plan to get married).

Those kids are already showing signs of mental trauma. Maddox is not the jolly child he was, Zahara seems angry all the time. Pax is frightened most of the time and Shiloh hardly has any expressions on her face apart from a semi-surprised look.

I am not saying that they don’t love them. It is clear that they love their kids and are devoted to them, but lets be realistic, money a lone does not raise a child otherwise all those rich brats would not be falling out of bars and dying of ODs.

Brangelina try too hard. Plane rides, boat trips etc are not what makes a good parent. Putting your children first is. Angelina won’t even slow down to look after the kids she is collecting. She is only 33, no one said she has to have all of them in five years. Give them time and space to devote time to them. She has admitted that giving each kid special time is a challenge. What makes her think that 6 will be less of a challenge when you and your partner are still working 8 movies a year? Other tinseltown mothers have scaled down to devote their time to their children, and they have only one child, she has six and thinks she is super woman. Well, I hope all turns out well, but that is too much to hope. This family is a disaster waiting to happen.

9. Mel says

I am I the only one who cannot wait to see this time bomb? Twins, from a woman who never wanted to have kids but would only adopt because there were too many kids suffering, then she goes out and has IVF (Of course it was IVF and we will be told so later)to have twins. He poor kids are gonna have issues. And she has how many films to promote in this coming year? Does she seriously intend to continue working with all those kids, they also need special attention. Will she feel more for these ones than for Shi? When will she adopt again? When the limelight fades? And than loser Pitt, in all this he seems like his brains took leave.

Every psychologist in this country is screaming that stability and routine are key in raising a child. Every child who has been a normad has scars to show for it and this woman has done everything in her power to deny these helpless kids that.

Zahara is gonna be pissed! Maddox must be wondering what is going on, from all the attention, to having to share it with five kids all in two and a half years. Life can be tough. No wonder he looks subdued.

10. Kellymay says

First post in a very long time but wow am I so happy for them. I believe in love, I experience love everyday and after an interview I saw of the two of them I believe in them, they are very mcuh in love. Amazing, I can’t wait to see what these babies look like! Shiloh is a perfect blend of both of them! I think Brad is very sexy LOL My husband calls him Brad $hit but he knows Brad comes second in my books!
    Icannot wait to see these babies, I really hope one is a boy but the rumorts say twin girls…so who knows!

11. 2teens says

Holy moly she’s such a tiny person to carry twins. I hope everything goes well with this pregnancy. I am really looking forward to seeing these babies!
    AJ’s dress here looks like a nightgown.