Cate Blanchett & Ignatius Touch Down In London

Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett, 39, was snapped looking lovely and rested (quite a feat after a long flight with a newborn!) as she arrived at Heathrow this morning.

Cate gave birth to Ignatius (her third son) on April 13th in Sydney.

Cate is gearing up for the highly anticipated release of her next film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which will premiere for the first time at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18th.

1. Liza says

I’m sure there is no hat on him because it’s likely the short walk from the INSIDE of the airport to the OUTSIDE and into a waiting car. It’s not like she’s out sunbathing with him.

Analise, I am sure she has contractual obligations regarding Indiana Jones which have caused her to travel. And while there is some risk involved with travelling by air with a newborn, it’s quite small, and I am sure that she wouldn’t put her child at risk.

2. Julie says

He doesn’t have a hat on because it is hot, hot, hot in London this week. Also in the UK we do not routinely put hats on babies like they do in the USA (you won’t find a baby with a hat on indoors – including in hospital).

I think newborns look generic when they first arrive…after 2 or 3 months they start to develop distinguishing charateristics which make them cute. I don’t ooo and awww over newborns either, but I suppose if you are the mother they are beautiful to you even when they are just a spot on the sonogram!

4. Analise says

Some babies really are pretty from the start. Like my kid. Gorgeous from day 1. Anyways, why the hell she’s traveling with him at such a young age is beyond me. I never understand people who just can’t put their careers on hold even briefly. I’m sure her jetting about his helping the environment she cares SO much about what with her shower timers and not washing her hair regularly.

5. Jx2 says

Yes – newly born kittens and puppies are weird looking too. But after about a week or two they look cute whereas this same idea does not apply to infants. IMO – Babies are not cute until they are around 8 months old.

6. Arianna's Mommy says

Newborn puppies and kittens aren’t cute either, not until they are at least a week old! When they are first born they look wierd too!

7. JJ says

It is their big eyes and the way the whole face is composed that make them attractive to us. Every baby has that power – puppy, kitten, or a human. Maybe I’m alone but I really love his name!

8. Amanda says

Totally agree the pooping and puking is not cute. They “look” cute thats all lol. I think its the tiny clothes.

9. Jx2 says

Umm, insects are tiny but not everyone calls them cute. Just being de*vil’s advocate here. What is it that makes them so cute? Anyone want to enlighten me? Is spitting up cute? No!
    Is po*oping in your dia*per cute? No! Is crying (a lot) in the middle of the night cute? No! Please someone explain to me what is so cute about a newborn?!

10. Amanda says

Newborns are cure because they are so tiny. New life is always beautiful. JMO I cant get over how naturally beautiful Cate is. Lil man looks hungry.

11. Jx2 says

Damn – new born babies look like sea monkeys!! Ugh! How people call them “cute” defies all logic! They are not cute! Toddlers can be considered “cute”! But new born babies – no way!!!