Heidi Klum Says That Fitting Into Her Skinny Jeans Is No Longer A Priority

Heidi Klum

Heidi Klum’s advises women to be realistic when it comes to losing that pesky baby weight.

“I always think, ‘Look at how people were before they were pregnant,'” Heidi, 34, says in June’s Marie Claire. “If you were a toned, healthy, energetic person, most likely you will be like that again.”

Heidi exhibited her top form in a bikini two months after welcoming her second child, Henry, in a 2005 Victoria’s Secret fashion show.

“A lot of people come to me, and they’re like, ‘Will I look like you after I have the baby?’” she added. “And I say, ‘Well, how were you before?’” she says. “You can’t kid yourself.”

As a mother of three — Leni, 4; Henry, almost 3; Johan, 18 months — Heidi insists fitting into her skinny jeans is no longer a priority.

“I always wanted to be a mom,” says Heidi, who was honored as Style Icon of the Year at Us’ Hot Hollywood Awards. “At Thanksgiving, I have my parents there, I have screaming kids, I have a big fat turkey – 18 pounds – sitting in the middle; legs are being ripped off that thing, you know what I mean? There’s life in the house.

“I don’t want to be wondering about how skinny I am, wondering what I’m going to eat because I don’t want to gain and I want to look hot and young, always and forever,” she adds.

Her husband Seal also helps her keep things in perspective.

She met Seal in NYC’s Mercer Hotel in 2003 when she was five weeks pregnant with Leni (her daughter from a previous relationship with businessman Flavio Briatore).

The next year, he popped the question atop a glacier in the Canadian Rockies. (They wed in 2005 in Mexico.)

“He took me by helicopter,” Heidi recalls. “He had an igloo built there, and they’d brought up everything: a bed with sheets inside the igloo, rose petals everywhere, candles.

“There was food and champagne,” she goes on. “It was a little scary, too, because you’re so cut off from the world. No trees, nothing … but I was ecstatic.”

She’s awesome!

1. Analise says

Don’t care and so sick of seeing her and her family on this blog all the time. If it’s not her it’s Brit and her trashy sis.

2. Michelle says

Honey has got it right if you are a fat ass before you WILL be a fat ass after. Thank Heidi for the insight:)

3. Sandy says

She is beautiful and a very nice person, Seal seems to have quite a temper! This is a very nice family, I wish them well and that they continue to be very happy!

4. Zbella says

No, I don’t want to look like Heidi or JA. I agree Gabrielle Reece has an awesome bod (or did – now she’s had 2 babies). I’ve had 3 and the extra skin seems to be here to stay. Good to know even super models are human.

5. Bella#1 says

Do women actually look at Heidi Klum and want to look like her. I see nothing there, she’s skinny, that’s how models look. Now if we want to talk about a toned fit body and want to look like Jennifer Anniston or Gabrielle Reece(bodywise) then I’m there. Being skinny is just that, but being toned and fit takes a body to another level.

6. Trish says

Did you see her on TMX.com…There’s pics of her in a bikini and she is skinny but a little saggy..Oh well .I guess that is what babies do to you..

“You can’t kid yourself”….into what? Dreaming I could look like you, Heidi?? I know what she meant – that if you didn’t prior to pregnancy you likely won’t afterwards – but it certainly sounds a little stuck up. There is no doubt in my mind that she starved herself skinny to be in that runway show.

8. Amanda says

I think they are good parents, but I dont care for them personally. They are a Beautiful family!!

9. Lauren says

I love Heidi and Seal. They make the cutest couple. They always seem really happy and they have a beautiful family. More kids please! 😉

10. dori says

This is a great couple, they are very much in love and are very happy from she has said in her interviews.

11. Jx2 says

Just so you folks know, there are no igloos in Canada. People do not live in igloos. Seal had to have one made for the sole purpose of courting and proposing to Heidi.

12. Jen says

Heidi- if I had a personal chef like you, a personal trainer like you, and gobs of money like you, I’d be more than happy to get to my pre-wedding weight in 2 months. This is how old my baby is.

13. Trish says

They may be a strange couple..my opinion, but they seem genuinely happy and love their children. She is beautiful too