Suri's Lightened Locks

Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

Tom and Katie were snapped leaving their Manhattan hotel with daughter Suri, 2, on Saturday afternoon.

Suri sported new lightened locks and firmly clutched her bottle.

Below are some quotes from this Friday’s Oprah interview with Tom:

On [his children] Connor and Bella reading tabloid reports about Cruise:”They love me, so they know. They’ve grown up with that, and I’m sure there are things that they don’t like, and you go, ‘Okay, that happened, things go wrong, but don’t live in it. Don’t live in that because today is a new day and there’s plenty of tomorrows. They’re good people, my children. I’m proud of them. I don’t want them to worry. They know I’m there. No matter what, I’m always there.”

On dressing like Santa to surprise Suri: “I open the door, and I’m giving my best, ‘Oh, merry Christmas! Oh, look at this little girl,’ and Suri looks at me, and she says, ‘No – Dada!’ So that night, we were putting Suri down. Kate says, ‘How was it? Did you like it? What did you think of Santa?’ And Suri was really sweet, she looks up, and she goes, ‘Dada Santa.’”

Comments

1. TJ says

Suri is a darling little girl I just hope they don’t push her to grow up to soon and I hope that the Scientology crap is kept at a distance and she will be allowed to make up her own mind not have it made for her!!!!

2. mommaduck says

I don’t see a problem w/ them always pictured holding her, if there were a crazy swarm of people around every time I stepped out of a building I would have my child in my arms as well. I’m quite sure she walks on her own when they are in private. She is a little old for the bottle, but no older than many other kids who don’t happen to have paparazzi following their parents and thousands of strangers discussing their parenting choices. 🙂

3. Sandy says

One of the cutest kids EVER! I think it is absurb to think her hair is dyed! The sun has lightened it if anything! Do agree, the bottle at night would be okay but she wags it everywhere she goes! I do think she is the Boss in the family, time to act like adults instead of Aliens and get a zippy cup!!!!!!!

4. laura says

I’m not exactly a fan of Katie or Tom but I don’t think they would be so silly and materialistic to feel the need to dye Suri’s hair at the age of two! Like everyone else has said, I’m sure it is just the sun or lighting which makes it appear alot lighter in this photo.
    Although, I do think Suri is a bit old to still be drinking from a bottle or atleast drinking from a bottle in the daytime. Maybe one bottle at night would be ok? I dont know. But also, is it just me or are Suri’s bottles really old fashioned looking?

5. Lauren says

Suri is adorable but isn’t it time that she started wearing shoes and walking by herself? Also, dying her hair now is just plain unthoughtful and idiotic.

6. Rijay says

#41 Jessie,
    Look at your own post. You have a misspelling.
    You point a finger and you have 2 pointing back at you!

7. Jessie says

Did anyone else notice how must of the people that have negative things to say about these people usually can’t spell for crap? Geez.

Suri is cute, I think her hair is lightened by the sun, Katie looks darker, but why does Suri still have a bottle?

8. Rijay says

Yes, Suri is wearing nail polish. Tom said his interview with Oprah she gets it done with Katie.
    Hmm. Nice thinking on the parents’ side… to put nail polish on a 2 yr old, who still puts her fingers in her mouth and probably sucks her fingers still. Paint in mouth–who knows where the origin of the paints are from… China?
    …And we wonder how we end up with cancer years down the road.

9. Gina says

Sara, looks like she is. Guess it’s nice to know that they let Suri indulge in normal little girl activities … very cute.

10. crayola says

these two are plain sick and just act like a bunch of aliens. i don’t care how many interviews they do im not convinced that they are not sick in the head. they are too over done, they act like they are royalty and they are nothing but a bunch of sick retards.

11. coffeebean says

As for Katie’s hair being darker; it looks like she just took a shower—it’s wet.
    Suri—adorable little girl!

12. coffeebean says

I agree with Tam. Her hair is definitely not dyed. It is natural for a child’s hair to lighten.
    My hair was pitch black when I was born, dark brown from 2 to 11, and has been light brown every since puberty.
    Anyway, does it really matter?

13. Rijay says

Amanda,
    I thought Tom looked nervous and insecure, too, during his interviews with Oprah. I think he’s an overall nice guy, BUT severely misled in his beliefs. So that leads me to believe he’s not very , well, intelligent.
    Too bad Katie doesn’t dress Suri for the weather. In all the photos of them in NY this week, Katie’s wearing cold weather clothing (turtleneck, fall jacket, etc.) and Suri is in tank summer dresses in them all. And no socks or shoes. Not very germ-conscious!

Katie’s looking more and more ridiculous with her hair cuts. i wonder if it has anything to do with that Scientology boot camp Tom made her attend recently…

14. Tam says

aw, she is too cute.. and i assume her hair just lightened up and changed like any normal toddler..

15. Liza says

The pictures on Just Jared that were taken today show that her hair really is the same color and that the difference in these pictures might just be due to lighting.

16. Granny says

This is a common age for young children’s hair to start to change color. At this age my granddaughter changed from blonde to brunette.

17. BELLA says

THAT BABY BOTTLE IS A JOKE!!!!MAYBE THE HAIR COLAR IS FROM THE CRAP SHE IS STILL SUCKING ON,
    SCIENTOLOGY MAGIC JUICE . HE WANT TO MAKE SURE SHE NEVER STEPS FOOT IN CATHOLIC CHURCH!

18. Marti says

Suri is beautiful and too old for that bottle! It’s ridiculous to think they would lighten her hair!! That never should have been printed and I’m disappointed it was. 🙁 That makes this BRazzi just like all the other rags. How sad.

19. Lauren says

Her hair is lightened by the sun! Geez…I don’t like Tom and Katie but give them some credit. They seem like loving parents. Suri is just adorable!!

20. Amanda says

I dont think her hair is lighter, I think Katie’s is darker. I think Tom was really nervous in the interview and afraid to say anything so it came off really fake. The hug and kiss and all the “I love you’s” at the door was totally overrehearshed. They are trying too hard to please others. I love thier family pics. They “seem” really happy and I hope they are!

21. Candy says

I don’t think Katie dyed Suri’s hair , She’s not stupid to do this …it’s probably by the sun ..i’m a brunette but when i spend lots of time in the sun i got highlights in my hair ,anyway Suri is a very pretty girl

22. Lucy says

It probably lightened naturally. I’m giving them the benifit of the doubt.
    It does look unnaturally well groomed! What do you have to do to have a two year old whose hair looks that good. It looks better than mine for goodness sake!

23. Jenna M. (UK) says

Everyone knows I don’t like Tom and Katie, but Suri is gorgeous! And I don’t think her hair has been coloured – its probably just lightened naturally. My hair was almost black when I was born, by the time I was 2 it had changed (naturally) to a very pale white blonde before settling to its normal brown.

I also thinks its cute that Tom dressed up as Santa to surprise Suri on Christmas! It reminds me of my little sister who is the same age as Suri. She saw me just after Christmas wearing a long red dressing gown and has called me Santa ever since then!

24. sensai says

suri is adorable and no her hair not dyed…. it’s always been several shades lighter than Tom and Katies …. now in the sun it just looks even lighter.

25. amy says

I thank Suri dyed hair before is dark now it dyed for light brown. it is so sick for little girl need dyed hair color what wrong this parents.

Yes, this will be the next thing to harass this family about – dyeing their 2 year old child’s hair! I am certain no mother would do that to their child! She looks cute.

27. Just me says

It does look lighter, but I don’t think it’s dyed. Maybe it’s just the lighting from the sun or camera flash. And Katie looks darker than usual, too, so maybe they have been spending a lot of time in the sun..
    And, it’s been said millions of times on here, but I can’t help but notice she still has her bottle. I know, I know … Sorry!
    Anyhow Suri is beautiful!!

28. justagirl7207 says

She has got to be one of the most beautiful little girls! (besides my daughter, of course!) We’ve got some good looking babies coming out of Hollywood.

Oh, and her hair is definitely lighted by the sun, no doubt. It’s cute!

29. bambamswife says

What a good looking family. I doubt very much that they dyed her hair. I loved the interview Tom had with Oprah. WTG Tom. I don’t know why people have to pick on him so much. Suri is so beautiful. I think she is so much luckier to have parents like Tom and Katie, then the bunch of Jolie and Pitt with parents like them. How do we know any of these people?

30. Lurker says

WOULD’VE DYED
    (sorry..pet peeve ;-))

Overall though, I forgot to add that Suri is just a beautiful little girl, IMO.

31. Lurker says

Weirdos or not, I don’t know why they would’vedyed Suri’s hair.
    It’s probably just lightened up from the sun. My hair is naturally almost as dark as hers, but each summer, I would get reddish highlights and generally lighter hair as a kid.
    Yes hers has REALLY lightened, but she may get more sun than I did as a child! 😉

32. JESS says

HER HAIR DOES LOOK A WHOLE LOT LIGHTER! I HOPE IT LIGHTENED NATURALLY AND KATIE WASN’T DUMB ENOUGH TO HAVE A SCIENTOLOGY BEAUTICIAN MAKE A HOUSE CALL! LOL!