Gwyneth Paltrow On How Her Lifestyle Changed After Becoming A Mother

Gwyneth Paltrow

(In the above pic Gwyneth was snapped at Good Morning America on April 29th)

Once Gwyneth Paltrow became a mother she abandoned her famously strict diet, she says.

“I was seriously macrobiotic for four years,” she told BBC talk show host Jonathan Ross in a program set to air Friday in the U.K. “When I first got pregnant, it changed. I couldn’t go near anything healthy.”

Since giving birth to daughter Apple (whom she calls “Appley-Dappley”) in 2004 and son Moses in 2006, Gwyneth’s tastes dramatically changed!

“I love anything fried – fish and chips – Branston pickle [jarred relish], red wine,” she told the show. And she admitted to regularly enjoying a pint of her favorite stout, Guinness.

But it’s not just the food and beer that have made London such an attractive place for her and husband Chris Martin to bring up their brood.

“I love it here, I’m really happy,” she told Ross. “If you never walk down the street together, it can stay private. We really value our family life.”

Living away from the L.A. spotlight also helps insulate the family from prying paparazzi.

“The media feels very dark now,” she said. “They want you to fall, throw up or do crack.”

Comments

Hi…just came across your site and just thought you might like to add these flats to your repertoire. You can go directly to my blog which is mysoleilcomfyshoe.wordpress.com or directly to soleilshoeco.com to check out this line, they come in 4 great colors, incredibly affordable with a tote to carry your heels in when your feet start hurting. These flats are rollable, foldable and ultra compact so they can fit in your purse, now how cool is that!! Right now we are having a 25% sale but only until the 24th of Feb. I love heels but when my feet start hurting it’s time to put them to bed in the lovely Soleil tote and put on these comfy flats. Let me know what your thoughts are. Blessings.ps I love Gwenyth Paltro, I think she’s beautiful through and through.

2. Generic name says

….and cheetah this is a free blog! don’t forget that! no one on this blog needs mental help…were absolutely ok! : )

3. 2teens says

She seems to be in pretty good sh.ap.e for all that beer & fried food she says she is eating.
    Cheetah, this is a place for people to state their opinions about featured celebrities. If you want to bi.tch about us, maybe you shouldn’t be here. It might be too stressful for you.

4. Cheetah says

I think that most of you should get a live, a nice hobby or mental help!

This woman is just answering questions that have been asked, she isn’t saying anything wrong. And most of all she is right in pretty much anything said.

With people like you, it doesnt matter what she says, what she does or what she will wear. You will find something nasty just because you want to.

Get of the net, get a life and let people who like this woman do this without the crap you write.

They always tolled me, don’t say anything if you have nothing to say.

5. t.dot says

She is only talking about her children because that is what her interview questions seem to be directed towards…because she is private, we only here about her children during high profile pomotion tours, which is what sheis on right now… if you actually heard ALL of her interviews, you would know that once the question sway towardds her career and prijects, thats exactly where her lkine of answers go…shes not all “and then my kid, and THEN my kid, and THEN my kids…” onc eher family update questions are over, she drops it…bu tit really seems like that is all that gets printed…She has always seemed to have so much class when it comes to interviews and even in her daily life…Way to go, she beats the hell out of most of the “celeb moms”out there!!!

6. megs says

I used to really think she was self-centered and boring, I would rather she discuss parenting than her boyfriends from the past or how she feels after a night out…she looks far more glam of late, which I like on her…but I too am a bit tired of her non-stop promotion of her lifestyle.

I like her, but, she is a bit…enough about you and your private life not really being private cuz you keep talking about it!!

7. Liza says

She’s on a press tour and responds to the questions she’s asked. This is the first time she’s been in the press like this in almost 4 years.

I don’t think she sounds anything like Elizabeth Hasselback, primarily because in Gwyneth’s interviews, she talks about her children and her experience as a mother and how it changed her life, instead of talking about absolutes.

8. Jx2 says

I guess that’s one of the pitfalls of having children. Parents begin to sound like a broken record. It’s all about the kids. Mothers talk about their kids non-stop and don’t really care that nobody else is interested in listening to their rambling.

9. Sonic says

Why is it that I’m feeling like she’s getting that “Elizabeth Hasselback” attitude of “let me tell you all about being a mom”….”I know EVERYTHING about it”….I’m already tired of her !