Edie Falco Adopts A Baby Girl

Edie Falco

Edie Falco adopted a baby girl from Florida in February.

Her daughter Macy joins older brother Anderson, 3. “Everybody is thrilled and doing great,” said Edie’s manager Richie Jackson.

Edie, 44, best known for her role as Tony Soprano’s wife Carmela on The Sopranos, recently played Alec Bladwin’s love interest on 30 Rock. She’ll return to work in mid-May when she begins shooting a pilot for Showtime in New York City. Edie will play an ER nurse in the untitled dark comedy.

“Coming home to my family afterward makes the work richer, easier and more fun,” she told New York’s Daily News in 2006.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. Granny says

So sorry. It is stressful. You take someone into your family to be your son forever and then it’s over – like a death. Our son is the one in our family to divorce and the ripple effect was undescribable. You will feel better someday though.

2. dori says

i’m really upset and it’s causing lots of stress…. we knew they were too young and this might happen but we were hoping it wouldn’t.

3. dori says

just had a bad day…sorry…my daughter with the baby is splitting up from her husband…she’s young and it’s really bad news for her.

Jx2- I received a message from a person with the email address jjacobs12345@yahoo.com, saying that something that I said was “fascinating”…and their post name was “guess who?”. You’re the only person I could think of with the initials JJ that might “know” me. That’s all.
    In terms of being your “friend”…well, I have my guard up, and rightfully so, considering.

Dori- I’ve never been anything but kind to you. Why the bitter comments all of a sudden? I’m very puzzled, indeed! I’m not going to stew over your comments, but I really don’t appreciate your hateful words at all!

5. Emily says

Granny: I believe the estimated adoption child for a person who already has a child is 18 months to 2 years, so perhaps something will happen in the next 6 months to a year for your daughter.

6. Sadie says

“Look at Marie Osmond, 5 adopted kids in so many years, look how long it takes a “regular” person to adopt just one healthy infant. Well, no one said life is fair, unfortunately.”

Marie Osmond did not adopt 5 children in 5 years. Her chidren were adopted in 1987, 1989, 1991, 1996, and 2002. If I’m not mistaken several of those children are from the same birth parents, the ones who were adopted closer together (and many adoption agencies have the policy that if a birth parent places a second child for adoption then first consideration is given to the people who adopted the first child). And with the last 2 adoptions there was a 5 and 6 year gap in between adoptions. So I’m not sure why you are acting like she was able to instantly adopt one kid after another. This same thing happened with Sharon Stone adopted her third child. People were all up in arms saying that celebrities are given advantaged while adopting, all the while ignoring that there is a five year gap between her first and second child (something that Sharon has spoken rather openly about, she mentioned in several interviews that there were failed adoption attempts in between child number 1 and 2 – sorry can’t remember their names).

Not to mention, there are plenty of people who aren’t rich or famous who have adopted more than one child in a relatively close span of time. Go google adoption blogs and you’ll find tons of people who have neither money nor fame who have adopted several children, who are somewhat close together in age. This is not something that is limited to the rich and famous. Unfortunately, adoption is largely about luck, and some people have more luck than others. It’s sad that some people have had trouble, but I don’t understand why you would begrudge someone who didn’t have trouble. And I’m saying this as a person who has been pursuing adoption with no luck for several years. I would never begrudge someone being able to adopt a child. It’s a cause of celebration, not bitterness.

7. Niki says

My daughter Hollie is adopted

and i have to admit i adopted from bugaria as i wanted a baby not a grown child, and it was just too difficult to adopt a baby in america
    everyone wants a baby and there aren’t enough to go around

i am first to admit i chose bulgaria because i wanted a “white” baby, that would look like me

this is the case for many people and i wouldn’t say edie falco is baing that admirable!

8. dori says

K3 mom stop wirth your blog already You go and set up a blog and then make entries for all the world to see …advertising yourself and your life … you are sickening to me.

9. dori says

and adopted children are not unwanted… sometimes a birthparent makes a decision which is best for her child realizing she can’t give that child a good home or loving nuturing life they deserve and make a choice for that baby to have a better life. Giving up a child for adoption is a very unselfish act and well, we all know what a selfish society we all live in now don’t we?
    I have 2 adopted girls who are grown adults now and it was difficult then , I feel your family and pray your kids will find a child soon.

10. dori says

#10 Adoption today is very difficult. There aren’t many agencies anymore because so many young girls are choosing to keep their babies and families are helping to support keeping the children in the family. Times have changed and there just aren’t many babies available to adopt. And you are right the celebs seem to have no problem getting kids (if they are good parents or not!!)
    If I was making the decision I wouldn’t give Brad and AJ kids because they don’t get a stable home life and the attention an adopted child needs and deserves. And yet somehow they keep getting kids. And yet someone who can’t have children can’t get a child …. thats really unfair.

11. dori says

^ nice to see you getting along… congrats to Edie and her family. Adoption is a wonderful option!

12. 2teens says

KX3 I’ll have to check out your blog again now that comments are enabled.
    I wonder who jjacobs is?

13. Granny says

#12. They are ruling out international adoption for several reasons. One is that many of those avenues are now closed and starting to close such as Guatamala and China. Also the expense is nearly double or more. Much of the money for foreign adoption has to paid out completely at the beginning with no guarantee. Plus my husband’s cousin had to stay in South Korea for six weeks for the finalization of her adoption – extremely expensive and awkward when you have jobs and a small preschooler at home.

At least in this country some of the agencies have you pay at each step of the way with many of the agencies allowing you to continue with another agency if something goes wrong. And most people have a finite amount of funds.

And its not that they are being cheap. But their only son has Down Syndrome so they are fiscally responsible in a different way than most people. So they are having to make certain that they use the money they have saved in the best possible way for optimum success.

But again, they have no race, gender or age issues (except that the child be younger than Brendan).

Oh and btw…I’ve re-enabled the comments on my blog! I know some of you asked about those when I first created the site back in January; after some perusing, I found a way to moderate them! If you post under anonymous, just be sure to sign your name so I know who you are! 🙂

I think that adoption is one of the most beautiful things in which we as humans can partake. Gives me hope for humanity.

I’d be interested in hearing more details about this adoption and their new addition!

Jx2- I received your “fascinating!!” message…um…thanks, I guess….

16. Lauren says

Congratulations! I’m glad to see that adoption is happening more often. There are so many kids in need of a loving home. 😉

17. CTBmom says

I really hate the the word “unwanted” when used towards babies that are placed for adoption. When I adopted my son 11 years ago, trust me…it broke his birthmother’s heart to give him up. He was very much wanted by her, but she was unable to keep him due to her circumstances….and of course, he was very much wanted by me and my husband. My son has grown up with his birthmother in his life, and he knows that it was out of love that she placed him for adoption….not lack of it.

18. Jx2 says

Granny – perhaps your daughter should take a trip to Albania or Russia. The orphanages over there all full of children waiting to be adopted.

19. Mary says

Granny you are correct. Money and connections help very much in adoption. Unfortunately adoption in our country is not regulated like it is in say China. Everyone stands in the same line pretty much there. Here in the US, not so. Look at Marie Osmond, 5 adopted kids in so many years, look how long it takes a “regular” person to adopt just one healthy infant. Well, no one said life is fair, unfortunately.

Good luck to you daughter! Good things come to those who wait.

20. Granny says

So where are those supposedly “unwanted” babies, we’ll take one.

My eldest daughter and her husband are trying to adopt. They have a 3 year old son and cannot have anymore. They have been at it for almost a year. In the end – if they get a child – the estimated cost in Oklahoma is going to be approximately $20,000 to $30,000. They have a six figure income, a 4,000 sq. ft. house, college degrees, squeeky clean historys, and a 15 year marriage. They are putting no racial or gender stops – anything. I really believe the rich and famous have an advantage here

21. Mary says

In many adoptions bio moms and/or dads can’t care for the child for one or many different reasons. In their heart they may have “wanted” to keep the child very much.

Think about it…why do so many women continue with a pregnancy (when we know there is an easier alternative) if they didn’t in some way love or think about keeping their child or doing what is best for it?

Even those little girls abandoned in China often are found in designated safe haven areas with heartbreaking notes attached to their blankets.

No, I don’t think many women think of the child they give up as “unwanted”. Often that is the greatest love of all, to put someone else ahead of your own selfish needs and wants.

22. Sonic says

Mary~ thank you for clearing that up:) When I mentioned the WORD “unwanted” I meant those babies given up by teens that don’t want them, girl babies in China that are given up, aids, sick, handicap, older, ……they are not wanted. I would love to just take them and give them the home they deserve. It’s just so sad.

23. ANTI says

Adopted babies ARE “unwanted” by their biological parent(s) to some degree or they wouldn’t be GIVEN UP for adoption. But you can argue, adopted children are wanted more because of all the hoops their parents had to go thru to get them. There are pros and cons for every situation – some focus on the negative, some on the positive; a realist sees both sides.

24. Mary says

Also, I’ll add that domestically adopted white babies are definitely on no one’s “unwanted” list. They are very sought after actually. I’m sure there are many couples who have been waiting for years on lists to adopt a healthy white infant from the US.

Why do people think so many are going or went international?

Celebs have tons of advantages in these adoptive situations too that “regular” folk will never have.

True “unwanted” or “forgotton” children are those mostly older and have been in foster care for years. It’s very sad because I can’t fault anyone for wanting a healthy infant. I wish all children could have good homes to grow and thrive in.

25. Mary says

FYI Adopted children are not “unwanted”. I hope someone never makes that comment to an adoptive parent.

26. Nicki says

Congratulations to Edie, Anderson and Macy! Best wishes to them all. She seems like a loving, wonderful woman and her children are where they should be.
    Best wishes to them!!

27. Sonic says

That is really refreshing hearing a “40” plus woman ADOPTING!!! May God bless her for taking an unwanted child into her life to love forever!