Jessica Alba Busy Preparing For Baby

Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba and fiancé Cash Warren are making the final preparations for their first child – and Jessica says time’s running out.

“I’m just trying to get my house ready before the baby comes,” Jessica, 26, said Wednesday night at People magazine’s book party for Healthy Child Healthy World author Christopher Gavigan. “It’s kind of hectic, it’s getting close and the house isn’t even ready yet.”

With Jessica taking time off from acting, she’s handling the bulk of the duties to get ready for baby, which Jessica revealed recently is a girl.

“I’m not working so it’s been a good place to put all my energy so it’s been a nice distraction,” she said at the event at Lucques restaurant in West Hollywood.

“I’m used to having to be somewhere all the time, and it’s kind of the first time in my life where I really haven’t been working in a while, and now it’s just about the baby being healthy, the house being ready, and nesting, it’s really different. It’s cool – I feel like I’m fully absorbing the whole experience.”

She hasn’t been too busy to think about wedding plans – “How could you not!” she says – but Jessica’s keeping quiet on the details.

Jessica is also keeping an eye on her pre-natal diet.

“I have to make sure that I’m eating more of the right nutrients and vitamins, but I’m not used to eating this much,” she shared. “I’ve had to take time out of the day to eat before I get cranky and rundown and tired. Before I was just like the energizer bunny.”

1. ice says

I just knew she’d comment on pregnancy diet. You can tell the woman’s trying her utmost (look at the number of gym trips she makes) to gain as little weight as possible. And also in reference to her history of comments about how she is ashamed that her family’s obese

2. Jx2 says

Freya – I have a distinct way of seeing things…some say I dance to the beat of a different drum. I am very opinionated as most designers/artists tend to be. I don’t like what the masses do. I do not wear designer labels. I don’t shop in shopping malls. I shop off Craig’s list and e-Bay and other on-line market stores. I don’t drive a car although I do have a driver’s license. I don’t eat meat and I recycle like mad. If I do not like what a a celebrity is wearing I will not refrain from speaking my mind. The frock that Jessica is wearing is very unappealing to my eyes. Why is that so heard for you to comprehend that. I am not saying this to be difficult or start a feud – I am a critic. People make a living out of being a critic for films, restaurants, clothing, you name it. I have a blog where I critique things…electric appliances, books, cosmetics…whatever strikes my fancy. I also like it when others critique things. And, if you want to critique me that’s fine too. I don’t mind one iota.

3. Freya says

Jx2-I know we’re all just sharing our opinions but you always seem so contrary and purposely against what everyone else says. I think the ivory/off white dress suits her pregnancy glow perfectly and the style does wonders for her. I’m not saying you’re not allowed to express your opinion but you don’t have to be holier than thou about it.

4. Jx2 says

The colour of that frock she is wearing does not suit her complexion. White does not look good on olive toned complexions…colour theory 101.
    Sorry – can’t help it it’s the artist in me. Four years of studying aesthetics in art and design have influenced the way I see things.

5. Candy says

Oh Jen, i don’t think so cause the last time i saw her smiling it was at the Oscar or someting …so yeah Butterfly it’s too good to be true 🙂

6. Iluvmy2girlz says

wow she’s gotten big!! you can see it in her face! i mean she’s still pretty! and i’m not saying she looks FAT or anything, i’m just saying she looks “pregnant” big! LOL

7. jen says

Ok- why is everyone claiming that Jessica doesn’t smile? She does. A lot of times the paps can catch them off guard. I’ve seen her smile plenty of times. She probably has a lot on her mind right now.

8. Freya says

That dress is gorgeous; the flow, the style/fit and especially the colour do amazing things for Miss Alba.

9. Butterfly says

Wow! She’s smiling, not wearing black, standing next to her handsome man and talking marriage–Too Good to be True?