Kate Hudson Ready For Another Baby

Kate Hudson

Kate Hudson recently opened up about her readiness to have another baby…and need to find the right man!

“I need to find that 18-year-old in me again, who was way more adventurous when it came to kissing boys,” she told the U.K.’s Sunday Times. “I would love nothing more than to have a good, honest make out sesh, but I find it really hard because I’m a mom.”

Kate split from Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson in 2006, and have a 4-year-old son, Ryder.

“Any guy I ever meet is always going to come second to my son,” Kate, 28, told the paper. “And you get to weed out the boys from the men. You definitely know which ones are the boys.”

So far, it seems Owen Wilson has made the cut. The duo – who split last summer but are now back on-again – were even spotted on an Easter-day bike ride with Ryder.

“I’m a mom and that’s my first priority,” said Kate. “I can’t wait to have more. I’m at that place when I’m ready to have another one and Chris and I are not together. I’m like, ‘Oh no! Uh-oh! I’m ready.’ ”

Comments

1. Zbella says

I wish her the very best in having more babies. She is so beautiful in this picture! I’m sure she wouldn’t have much trouble finding a “sperm donor” if she wanted one.

2. dori says

theres a difference between loving and nuturing a child and putting a child before a realtionship.

3. Cara says

people, people! Im sorry, but the child NEEDS to be put first! What if she got with some one who didnt respect the child? Havent y’all heard of the dreadful step-parent? I was blessed with a father who loved me as his own!! I cant say that about a friend of mine who’s S.F. treated her like a pile or garbage. Her mother always sided with him, so she had no one. Sorry, but if the man doesnt understand that the baby comes first, then he isnt a man at all!

4. Liza says

Jx2,
    The final quote from that little snippet is the only part that mentions having more babies. The rest of it is clearly about getting involved in a relationship. Just beacuse someone titles with article being about babies doesn’t make it so.

And yes, I can totally understand when starting a new relationship, she needs to think about her son first, because unless there is a concrete commitment there, her son is a constant, the guy isn’t. Any single parent needs to think about the potential impact on their children of bringing a new person into their life. That doesn’t mean that the kid needs to like it or agree with their parents choices, but if a potential partner would have a negative impact on your child’s life, then you should think twice. Again, she has a moral and legal responsibility to her child that she wouldn’t have towards a boyfriend, a husband or partner is different, but a boyfriend matters less significantly than her son.

And she’s a stranger to me, but apparently you know something the rest of us don’t, like why her relationships have broken up, since you seem to know its because of Ryder. I also don’t see him as clingy, he’s a pretty normal looking 4 year old to me. And since we only see him when paparazzi are lurking, it’s pretty difficult to make any judgement.

5. Jx2 says

You’re wrong Liza – She was talking about finding someone to have another baby with…a potential long term partner not a boyfriend.

“Any guy I EVER meet is always going to come second to my son…”

What does that statement tell you? That ANY man she becomes involved with is second to her son…if that is not a red flag for the new guy to get the hell away – I don’t know what else can be more convincing.

No relationship will ever get to the point of commitment if she has that attitude. She is looking to have more babies…that was what the article was about NOT dating someone!! She has been dating many guys but none of the stick around because they see what a clingy kid Ryder is!!

6. Liza says

If you are in a set and committed relationship, then it can be understandable to put the needs of your relationship first.

But she’s talking about getting INTO a relationship and about dating. In that respect, she has a responsibility to her son first. If a boyfriend, someone with whom she is not in a committed relationship expects to come before her son, then he’s not worth it.

She has a legal and moral responsibility to her son, not a boyfriend.

7. Jx2 says

I have heard and read that the key to having a lasting and loving relationship is that both the man and the woman have to put each other needs FIRST and that is the key to having a healthy and happy relationship. Especially when you have youngsters that are needy and clingy like Ryder, the mother has to draw a line between her quality time with her son and that with her lover/partner. The husband/partner needs to know that he is an equal team player and that the wife/mother of his child will also need to spend time with the child or children but that he also is an important part of the relationship.
    I think that Kate is going about this all wrong. If she is going to find a long-lasting and meaningful relationship she needs to understand that the man is not merely a sperm donor and that her little boy will not always be a little boy. Children grow up and leave home, but your significant other will be there to grow old together.
    I recall reading that Seal and Heidi put each others needs first and then the kids…but that does not mean that the kids are tossed aside. Heidi and Seal are always going on outings with their children but they also have a healthy and loving relationship with each other because they do put each other’s needs first.

8. dori says

ooops… in your life…
    a real man would love her child
    but her child from a previous marriage would certainly not be his first and foremost priority… his marriage to her would be. It’s obvious you guys have small children but for someone like me who has raised their children the children are only there in need of you for 18 years then they go off you’d better have more going on your life than those kids or your marriage will not last.

9. dori says

why should there be a place at all??? equal is more of what I would be looking for. If you can’t balance your life you’re in trouble anyway…don’t you think?

10. 2teens says

Dori, if a man isn’t MAN enough to put a child’s needs before his own then he isn’t worth investing any time in. She is right to set some high standards for a mate, especially since she has her child to think about.

11. dori says

” My son will always come first” well thats very noble, but,
    I don’t know too many MEN who like to be second place to womans baggage from another marriage. The man you date likes to think he comes first and then can accept your children from a previous marriage. Good luck finding a man who wants to be second place though!!