Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz Reportedly Expecting Their First Child!

Ashlee Simpson

According to reports, the newly engaged Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are expecting their first child! The baby is due in October, and the parents-to-be are ecstatic with joy.

Ashlee, 23 and Pete, 28, have been together just 18 months but are as “perfect for each other as any two people could be,” a friend of the couple tells OK! magazine. “They don’t spend a minute apart if they can possibly avoid it and are over the moon about the baby.”

Unfortunately none of that happiness was enough for Ashlee to overcome a fierce bout of what appeared to be morning sickness at the Chart House restaurant in Malibu on April 12th.

Ashlee and Pete were there along with her family to celebrate the college graduation of his assistant. But the moment they arrived at the oceanfront restaurant, Ashlee made a mad dash for the ladies room, leaving Pete waiting anxiously at the door!

Ashlee, drinking only water, looked thoroughly ill but still did her best to enjoy the luncheon. Pete, however, was in great spirits, though his thoughts were clearly never far from Ashlee. “He was holding her hand the whole time,” a witness told OK! magazine.

Meanwhile, the first-time mom and dad are busy putting together a wedding. “They’re planning on something in the Santa Barbara area probably by the end of May,” the friend revealed to OK! magazine. “Ashlee would like to walk down the aisle before she’s showing – although she’s very cute the way she’s always checking out her belly now and asking everyone, ‘am I showing yet?’”

UPDATE: Pete Wentz has addressed rumors that Ashlee Simpson is pregnant, calling it a “witch hunt” in an email.

“There is a witch hunt for people to be pregnant whenever they get engaged in Hollywood,” he wrote to MTV News on Monday. “This is all news to me. I can’t wait for the story about how I’m really in a gay relationship and this is all just a cover … I mean really, this is crazy … I mean we’re engaged, that’s true, and happy about it.”

When asked about the pregnancy, reported by multiple outlets Monday, a rep for the couple would only say, “We are thrilled to confirm their engagement and congratulate this happy couple. Beyond that there is nothing to add.”

Hmmm…we’ll see !
Best Wishes!

Comments

1. Jx2 says

No – I do not think he is “gay”…he is effeminate and happens to wear eyeliner…a lot of guys do that that are in the music biz…the Red Hot Chili Peppers members do…Alice Cooper…Iggy Pop…Prince…etc…you get the picture.

2. Lauren says

If it is true, then congratulations. I like Ashlee wayy more than her sister and she and Pete will make awesome parents. On the other hand, why is it everytime a celebrity gets engaged they have to be pregnant? They always report engaged and pregnant. Like with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Can someone explain that to me?

3. Sandra says

I like where Ashlee’s hand is resting in the picture!!! LMAO

Congrats on the engagement! I am sure the pregnancy is just a rumor. If she is pregnant well then congrats to them! I would have to agree that 23 isn’t too young to have children. I was 20 when I had my son. I was mature back then and even more mature now. Of course I was also married.

4. Beth says

I have never heard of this many celebrities having babies without being married…it’s incredible-every day a new one.
    Of course I wish these two the best though.

5. Liza says

Why are all of you talking about this as if its absolutely true when the source is tabloid trash?

If you’re going to judge this couple for something, shouldn’t we make sure that it’s actually true first?

6. boo says

Kim, I’m with you, I was 19 when I had my first child, 22 with my second and am now 24 expecting my 3rd, Daddy and I didn’t rush into marriage until just last year, because we didn’t think it was necessary at the time, Just because we had kids together, we didn’t find rushing to the alter to be our first priority! And As for having them that young… I was definitely ready to be a Mom and would never in a million years go back and change it…even if it meant having the same kids just years later…No Way, Being a mom has been my greatest joy and I am so proud of my munchkins!

I myself don’t like Ashlee Simpson, I think she is very self absorbed, But I am happy for her and hope she has a healthy pregnancy….(IF The rumours are true!!!)

7. kim says

nothing was confirmed except their engagement and now its all over the internet that she is pregnant. who knows if its true or not, but if it is, it does remind me alot of another nicole and joel. I dont agree with Jx2 that 23 is too young. I had my first son when I was 21 and yes I was married and I wouldnt change it for the world. He is a wonderful child. He is involved in alot of sports and is an honor role student. I am now 33 and he is ging on 13 and i am proud of him and myself for him being such a good kid. I think age is just a number in certain instances. I was ready to be mom. Some people are much older and still not mentally ready.

8. jen says

Well, if she doesn’t want to show at her wedding, maybe she should have thought about that before she got pregnant. There is a reason you should wait until you’re married. If you people want to argue that, take it up with the man upstairs. I believe he calls it fornicating.

9. Jx2 says

ha ha 2teens – my husbands head is much bigger than mine also! I joke about it with him often. You can really notice the difference especially in photos. My husband comes from a big headed family – he’s also 6 ft tall so he has to have a big head to balance it all out. I wonder how tall Pete is?

Does anybody know if Ashley and Nicole Ritchie are pals? If this rumour is true, and Ashley is pregnant I am not at all pleased with the news. Marriage or no marriage, I just find 23 years old quite young. I just do not understand this trend to have a baby just because you can have it. I hope they are mentally prepared for it all because it’s certainly not glamorous to have a baby although it is the latest accessory in Hollywood!

10. Mi=ap-oc-c-a says

hmmm..now its a hollywierd trends..thanks to NIcole and Joel…theyknow all these are going to end pretty badly and they will all go thier desperate ways..

11. boo says

Well now that its posted on here I will say, although I am in no way shape or form a fan of Ashlee Simpson, To be completely honest I can’t stand her and that is too mean no disrespect, but her attitude, about her money and fame and self is just too much, really rather ann*ying…BUT When it comes to her having a baby, I think its great, She seems to really love Pete and they seem very happy together!

12. boo says

Well now that its posted on here I will say, although I am in no way shape or form a fan of Ashlee Simpson, To be completely honest I can’t stand her and that is too mean no disrespect, but her attitude, about her money and fame and self is just too much, really rather annoying…BUT When it comes to her having a baby, I think its great, She seems to really love Pete and they seem very happy together!

Congratulations to them both! Hopefully the morning s i c k ness will settle down soon 🙂