Halle Berry Gets Parenting Advice From Nancy O'Dell

Halle Berry

New mom Halle Berry has been getting support an advice from Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell.

“We’ve e-mailed, and she’s loving motherhood,” Nancy O’Dell told People magazine at Thursday’s National Lampoon’s One, Two, Many premiere in Hollywood. Halle, 41, gave birth to daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry last month.

“She is loving every minute of it, couldn’t be any happier,” Nancy, who is friends with Halle, said. “She’s going to be such a great mom.”

Nancy, 42, who herself gave birth last June to daughter Ashby Grace, sent Halle a lengthy e-mail of motherly advice – and Halle replied with thanks.

“I sent her a whole page e-mail about things I wish friends had told me,” Nancy shared. “I said, ‘I wish people had given me this advice. They didn’t, so I’m going to give it to you.’ She was appreciative, really appreciative.”

Halle’s daughter will be a fine addition to kids’ play dates, Nancy shared, though she joked that she was holding out for Halle to have a boy.

“I’m glad she had a girl, so the girls can play, but the other side of me went, I bet that would be a very attractive young boy to set up with my girl,” Nancy said. “I was pulling for either one.”

1. dori says

#2 first you post picutres of children that aren’t yours and now these racist comments..
    you are seriously mentally disturbed , to come in here just to start trouble and upset people only proves no one at home cares about you… you are desperate for attention any attention even negative attention…. pitiful… unloved unwanted child…. it’s you who is ugly

2. dori says

as for Halle…. I think when you have children a little later in life and you’ve gotten a lot of other stuff out of the way and you are financially secure you enjoy every minute of the childs life. Waiting to have children does have it’s benefits as well as shortcommings.

3. dori says

R-A-C-I-S-T- B-I-T-C-H-

2. Angel,Twinkle,&Princess’s Mom | April 13th, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Halle’s kid is going to be u g l y no one should sleep with a b l a c k person it is wrong

4. Zbella says

I wish her the best. She is so gorgeous, so is her man. Now, did I enjoy every minute of motherhood? No way! WAAYYY better than pregnancy for me though.

5. Lauren says

Halle looks like to be an amazing mom. She’s even said she’s enjoyed every minute of pregnancy, bad things and all.

You got my exact meaning Kate. I would do it all over again. I love being a Mom–but that doesn’t mean I loved every minute of it. The best moms do it even when they don’t love it because they are the mom.

7. Kate says

I have to agree with Butterfly. I’d do it all again in a heartbeat, but I wouldn’t say I loved every minute of it. There were plenty of times I cried while she was breastfeeding because my nipples were so sore, or I wished she wouldn’t need a feeding in the middle of the night because I needed sleep, or even when both she and I ended up covered in poop.

Those things are all part of motherhood, and I did them, and I WILL do it all over again, but I didn’t love every single second of it.

8. LC says

i cant wait to do it all again (mybe not the sor nipples tho) lol but yes cant wait and i will be doing it all again in 7 months! 🙂

9. Tia :) says

Butterfly, i am one of those moms who say that…yes, I would go back and do every minute of it. The 4 days in labour, the sore nipples, the pain. That’s all apart of this wonderful think called motherhood…I am going to go through it all again in 6 months!

10. Chloe says

2. Angel,Twinkle,&Princess’s Mom
    Your so mean. Black or white it doesn’t matter what color you sleep with. Just shut the h*e*l*l up. Your rude and nobody wants you here. You fakers just make babyrazzi not an enjoyable place. Leave Please!

I am a fan of Halle and I am excited to see pictures of this baby girl; however, I am getting just a wee bit tired of hearing how celebrity moms love every minute of it.

That is such a cliche thing to say…ya know?

For those with grown ones, did we really enjoy every poopie diaper–how about the leaky ones?

What about the sore nipples from breastfeeding or for those of us lucky enough to have thrush…? hmm…that was real enjoyable…

Then the completely wacked sleeping schedule…

Granted, my babies were awesome and I look back on most of those memories with joy and contentment.

But every minute of it…?