Brooke Burke Finally Names Her Son & Her Latest Blog Entry!

Brooke Burke

Nearly a month after giving birth to her son, Brooke Burke and her fiancé David Charvet have finally settled on a name for their son: Shaya.

“You heard it here first! We have finally settled on a name,” Brooke wrote on her Baboosh blog. “We waited our whole lives for our son, and couldn’t find the perfect fit. Poor guy! Now it’s official. Shaya Charvet. We played with so many different names, and both loved Shaya the most. It means God’s gift in Hebrew.”

Still undecided though is Shaya’s middle name, but the couple is slowly making progress.

“David came up with a middle name, Braven, which I really like. I want to give him part of my name too, so I am thinking about double Bs in the middle like my initials, Braven-Burke.”

Shaya was born on March 5th and joins big sisters Neriah, 7, Sierra, 5, Brooke’s daughters from her first marriage to plastic surgeon Dr. Garth Fisher, and Heaven Rain, her 1-year-old with David. Being the first boy will guarantee Shaya some extra atttention, Brooke, 36, adds.

“He is the last Charvet to carry on David’s family name. He is also the first boy in David’s family, the little brother of three princesses, and my youngest. Ya think he is gonna be spoiled?!?! We haven’t agreed on the middle name yet, but for all those who have been asking, Shaya Charvet it is!”

And Brooke wrote the following on her blog today:

I started walking this week.  We have an amazing 4-mile hike through the mountains in our neighborhood.  David and I decided to do it together 3 times a week.  We put Rain and Shaya in our dbl stroller and together we work out for 1-½ hours.  Much of the walk is up hill, which is so tough, pushing the kids.  David does that part.  Once we head up the steepest hill, we can see an amazing view of Malibu?s coastline.  On a clear day, I can see across the ocean from Santa Monica, all the way to Catalina Island.  It is such a peaceful, calming and inspiring walk.  We both are totally sleep deprived, but the fresh air, challenge, and the accomplishment is so helpful to us.  I know, as a mother that time for us is the first thing to go.  I am making myself do this walk even on harder days because I am committed to not losing myself completely on this journey.  In that hour, I do a lot of thinking, I take my deepest breaths of the day, and I try to appreciate all the things in my life, both good and bad.  We usually walk in silence, which I really enjoy. When I reach the top of the mountain each time, I feel a sense of accomplishment for myself, besides the million other things I do in a day for everyone else.

I think that exercise is a great stress reliever, even in your most fatigued state of mind.  I will begin doing Pilates again as soon as my Dr. permits, but for now a simple walk is so great!

Shaya is mostly eating and sleeping these days, I had forgotten how uneventful the beginning really is.  Rain was going through a tough time, adjusting to a new baby that is taking mommy?s time.  She is getting better now, finally kissing him and innocently trying to shove his bottle in his mouth.  She is fussier than ever, but I am trying to love her struggles away.  Neriah and Sierra are two years apart and that was much easier than the 14 months that separate Rain and Shaya.  We are all hanging in there. I sometimes cannot believe the site of my family of SIX!

1. Melanie says

They took that long to come up with Shaya? Sounds like a girl… Heaven Rain? Sounds like a stripper…. Poor kids will probably change their names when they get older.

2. Kay says

It’s a beautiful name but they might want to rethink it. I named my son Shalen, and it was cute for about 10 years and then he got teased later in life. Now he goes by just Shae (he’s 19). I don’t regret giving my son his beautiful name, but a parent has to think about how the name will affect the child later on.

3. Tia :) says

no offence nosoupforyou, but would we really know what that name means or where it came from if we weren’t jewish? You can say that they are “sheltered and limited” but how can you justify that if we are not jewish?!? Im educated, but i wouldnt know what that name means. Im Greek..can you name a bunch of Greek names without looking them up?

#20 My daughter’s name is Savannah-Jade and my son’s name is Faelen-Jonathan (pronounced Fay Lynn–it is a Celtic name that means Wolf and is usually spelled Phaelen)

Brooke Burke is very popular on our STD community””. He said he will help the top 10 Herpes man on this site, so the member increased about 3 times now

6. Liza says

Actually Shaya/Shia is either Arabic or Jewish and it has roots in any language of the semitic region. And not liking a name doesn’t make someone anti-semitic, that’s completely ridiculous! It means you don’t like the name!

I appreciate names that give distinction to the individual. Naming a child is not always easy. I gave both my son and daughter unique names. My daughter’s turned out to be one of the most common names the year she was born. I gave my son a hypenated first name–with the second half being more common so that he could choose for himself as he grew older.

He chose the more masculine name to go by when he was 9. I think parents have the right to name their child whatever they choose for whatever reason. I hope that Brooke and David give this freedom to their son.

8. Ella,Keirstin,&Elise's Mommy! says

Congrats!!! I hope to see some pics soon!!! I don’t care for the name but it is not my kid so who cares!!

9. Sonic says

Don’t care for ANY of the names she’s given her children! That dope of a husband should have given his son a more “manly” name…let Brooke name the girls her “fairyland” names…..jmo!

10. nosoupforyou says

Some of you sound quite sheltered and limited.

Both David and Brooke are Jewish. The name Shaya is a short form of Yeshaya, which is Isaiah in Hebrew.

I would hope than none of you are so anti-semittc to believe Jewish people are “trash.”

11. Katie says

12 and 13 .Jessie wow you have got so much hate for the wm and i think you need to get a “real life” beacuse there is no way you know Brooke and David and if you think this site is so “stupid” then why are you on here!

I have to admit I am surprised by the name choice, considering they made such a big deal about it to media that it was such a difficult choice. I’m curious what the other choices were! And Braven? What’s that? He gets a soft, almost feminine first name (although I am a fan of Shia Leboeuf), and because his parents are aware of this, give him and big bold manly middle name?! Sounds to me like the meaning of Shaya was more important than the sound, and the selection for a middle name will be a backup. Kind of like Heaven Rain…..I am very happy for that child that she’s not being called Heaven!!

13. Nicki says

Wow. They should have taken another month and tried a bit harder for the “boy they’ve waited thier lifetime for.”
    Shaya Charvet sounds like a cheap stripper at the Golden Banana.

14. me says

I am not crazy about the name, but it is not the craziest one out there. It sounds pretty regular to me, just not great. It’s pronounced Shia (like Shia Leboeuf)

15. Liza says

Shia LeBeouf doesn’t seem to have been harmed by that name, and they are pronounced the same but with different spellings.

I don’t think the names are “puke”, but they seem to try too hard to be unique and different with their kids names.

16. eyesofpearls says

IDIOTS…(I mean them, not you,girls.) People just search for some ridiculous names that supposedly have “some deeper meaning”. What the hell happenned to Jack, John, David…?

17. Jacquie says

I too am not feeling this name. Sounds a little girly for a couple who have waited so “long” to have a boy.

18. annie says

Shaya is a girl’s name, and a pretty lousy one at that. They have no respect for their son and his future.

19. LadyOne says

20. starstruk says

WOW #2. Don’t hold back!! LOL! I agree, the names are different, not my choice but hey, this is hollywood and i guess anything goes…including baby names!

21. carleigh says

I think it’s kind of sad that they just had their little girl Rain only a year ago, she hasn’t really had that much time to be the “baby” and now she has been ousted. Brooke has already stated as much in her blog, they are now seeing the repercussions of having two so close together and it doesn’t get any better.

The names she has chosen for her kids….puke, puke, puke and now this name for their boy is just the icing on top of the cake………what a horrible name for a baby boy, it’s not even masculine!!!

I’m sorry I think she’s a beautiful woman and appears to be an involved and loving mother, but she should NOT be allowed to name babies! The names she chooses are tacky and craptastic and could double for white trash, trailer park names of the up and coming strippers of 2012!! Just awful names and that’s all I can say!YUCKY!