Denise Richards Trying To Promote Positive Self Images In Her Daughters

Denise Richards

Though Denise Richards is very fitness-focused she says that she will never complain about her weight in front of her daughters.

“I’ll never talk about weight around them,” Denise told Shape magazine in its May issue. “And they’ll never hear me say, ‘Mommy’s feeling fat today.’ That kind of attitude just makes young girls grow up to be dissatisfied with their bodies.”

Instead, Denise says she tries to set an active example for her daughters, Sam, 4, and Lola, 2.

“Working out is part of my life, not just an I-have-to-get-ready-for-a-photo-shoot thing,” she shared with the magazine. “I exercise almost every day. The girls usually play in the workout room with me, so they’re learning by example.”

And while Denise has been criticized by some (including ex-husband Charlie Sheen) for including her daughters in her upcoming E! reality show, Denise says she works hard to stay positive.

It’s an attitude she attributes to her late mother, Joni, who died of cancer in November. Said Denise: “Even at the end, when things were really dire for my mother, she was never negative. There was an inner strength about her.”

And Denise hopes to pass that along to her daughters. “I want to teach my girls the importance of picking yourself up and moving forward.”

Comments

1. amy says

hey herpe freak. shut up ok? this is about babies and mothers, not herpes. thanks.

ps. denise doesn’t complain about her body weight/image to her daughters? duh! she doesn’t have to–they can see she’s a self-absorbed fitness addict who verges on the edge of anorexia or bulimia, NOT being too “fat”. what a creep.

Oh, I think she is a great mother. She is areadly set an active example to her babies. But she should let them know she helps many Herpes girls on ” PositiveLoving.com”. The babies will be very surprise

3. carleigh says

She is worried about positive body image (gimme a friggin’ break now!) and all she’s ever done is make money flaunting and prostituting herself in every way she can. She’s a publicity hound aka: media whore, if she’s not in print in some mag then she will turn around do something spiteful to Charlie or something self promoting to get her name out there in the press. I do NOT like her, she has minimal to no talent and she’s not even that attractive JMO, she has always tried to cast herself as the innocent victim in everything that goes wrong in her life and I can’t stand her.
    If she wants to teach her girls anything it should be to NOT follow any example she sets because it’s all bad!!!

4. 2teens says

I can’t even imagine how much this reality show will traumatize her girls. They cringe in front of cameras in practically every photo we see of them…they obviously do NOT like it. Seems to me that is kind of like teaching a child to swim by tossing them in the deep end of a pool.

while I agree with what she’s saying, I don’t actually think that’s the way she lives her life….playboy, divorce, stealing husbands from friends….not exactly the kind of role model I’d want my girls looking up to, that’s for sure. Fitness should be the last thing she’s worried about.

6. Lauren says

How about teaching your girls to steal your friends husband? Does she talk about that with them? Denise Richards disgust me. Grr.

Yeah..I can’t blame anyone for NOT coming in here! She is a mess..When all fails…Show off of your body, and PIMP your kids! She is sad! She might as well find a new hobby, and live off of Charlie’s Money!