Brooke Shields Wants A Son

Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields has two daughters, but she’s ready for a son.

“I want a boy!” she said at the Prada Trembled Blossoms event in Beverly Hills Wednesday.

Standing in the way? Chris Henchy, her husband of six-years.

“I’m going to have to convince him and he’s a hard sell at this point,” Brooke, 42, said while laughing. “Maybe he likes the even number!”

Brooke’s daughter Rowan is 4 and her daughter Grier is 23-months-old.

Good luck to Brooke!

Comments

I had my 3rd child at 42. My little girl is now 10 and if I was able to do it again I would. Only someone in my shoes could understand how wonderfull it is. My older kids are 25 and 30 they can’t keep up with me! I have the time to be room mother at school, go on all field trips, and still get time for myself. I don’t have to be supermom I just learned that it is for such a small time. I’m not giving up anything!

2. Zbella says

I guess I’m very selfish because I have 3 bio kids. I’m overpopulating the world too. Why aren’t we more like China? There should be a limit for old, selfish people such as Brooke. (hint – I’m being sarcastic.)

LOVE her daughters, soooooo sweet and adorable. Both of them. I wish her the best.

3. Sara says

I think it’s fair to say we can agree to disagree without the name calling:) I’ve lived all over the world and see the many ways children are considered. I now live in a place where to have as many kids possible is the norm (predominantly religion based)….many of these kids are not necessarily wanted so to speak, but just NEEDED in order to obtain a higher “calling” if you will. So I don’t believe it’s a matter of WANTING in all respects. Just my humble opinion.

4. meg says

Liza I am giving up on my opinion,you
    are 100% right,I actually don’t know her.
    I just assumed her not to be like Angelina
    or Meg Ryan or other adoptive celebs,that’s all:)

5. Granny says

Actually, you are too old to be pregnant when your biological clock stops, or incapable of caring for or you are too tired for more. Until then, if you can afford and tend to and if you want, have children.

6. Amanda says

Personally I think 42 is way too old to be thinking more kids. I don’t care how much money you have. I love Brooke and I think she is a wonderful mother. He children are beautiful!!!

7. Liza says

Tia,
    My post mentioning an adoption type wasn’t directed towards you. I actually very much agree with you. It was Meg who said their “type” didn’t fit the “adoptionstyle”, as if she knew them personally or knew exactly who does and doesn’t adopt.

Kara, I believe Rowan was conceived through infertility treatment, but Grier was a surprise, which happens to a lot of women, a full term pregnancy can restore full fertility.

Sara, adoption is a good thing, but its not for everyone. My point was that all of you were judging her for wanting another biological child when she NEVER SAYS THAT. You were all making judgements based on something that isn’t even there. She doesn’t say either way.

And no one NEEDS another child, no one NEEDS one child, it’s ALWAYS a matter of wanting one or two or three. People want things, they desire things, and there isn’t anything wrong with that.

Meg, I’m not sure what you’re giving up on. I am merely pointing out that you’re all judging her for something that isn’t there.

8. Tia :) says

Liza I never said there was a “Type”. However, i feel that you have to be emotionaly ready to adopt a child or to have any child for that matter. There is simply people who just have no desire to adopt, just like there is people who just have no desire to have bio. children!

9. Sara says

Liza….we get the point. Maybe what everyone is trying to get across is that adoption is a GOOD thing and that this is a situation of WANTING not NEEDING another child….
    ???

10. Kara says

There’s no guarantee she’ll get a boy IF she gets pregnant again and she had lots of trouble conceiving if I remember correctly. Adopt already.

11. Sonic says

She’s an only child right? She probably wants a HUGE family and as many kids as possible, since she never had siblings….the time clock is ticking…42….her eggs are older now. She should just be happy with what she’s got! HEALTHY children….out of the baby stage. I think she is wanting something to fill that “BABY” void again because she feels her time window will be closed SOON!!!!

12. Liza says

Meg, She doesn’t say she is considering adoption, that wasn’t the point of my post. People are already aiming critcism at her for not adopting, when all the woman said is that she wants a boy. She doesn’t say anything for or against either adoption or trying for another biological child. I don’t understand all the judgement aimed at her based simply on the statement that she wants a boy and says absolutely nothing else. Where do you see that she only wants a biological child?

I also don’t know what an adoption type is. I know quite a few people who have adopted and none of them fit into one single “type”, in fact they have little in common. People adopt for all sorts of reasons, they don’t fit a “type”.

I also don’t get all this, be happy with what you have stuff. People aren’t allowed to desire something? If I have one kid and tell someone I want two, does that mean I’m not happy with what I already have?

13. meg says

# 27 because they want to
    be on the spotlight again,when
    getting old and have grown up kids,the media
    doesn’t pay any attention to them,that’s why.

14. Lauren says

Brooke seems like a great mom and has two beautiful daughters but why does the celebrities mom always want more when they’re older? Enjoy the children you have. If it happens, it happens. If not, oh well!

15. I never want kids says

Ronnie- just because i don’t want kids does not mean i can’t come on here i have a right to post on here as much as you do

16. meg says

Tia,fair enough:)
    Liza,where does she say she consider adopting?
    Her type doesn’t match the adoptionstyle that’s
    all .

17. Tia :) says

Meg, maybe she doesnt want to adopt? Adoption isnt for everyone, just like haveing bio kids isnt for everyone.

18. tim says

VSANINXISDHGNIIXLOEUEYFUSAAYIJUANIXIPWEJNUIICOLEAERHJEKNOCOLEJNFGNMFGMGNNICOLELOFIFKLDOJKGKJFD;GJHGSKDFGNFDNGJFKGMNICOELDIGIH 1324454279567+6+75+62+

19. Liza says

Where does she say she wouldn’t consider adopting a boy? She just says she wants a boy and her husband is difficult to convince about having another child. There is nothing in the above snippet about whether or not they would try to have a biological child or not. So why not tone down the judgement.

As for Grier’s hair. I didn’t have much hair until I turned 3 or 4, and then when it finally grew, it was thin and brittle. I wasn’t mistaken for a boy but was constantly asking my mother for all the styles the other girls my age had. My hair eventually grew longer and thicker.

20. meg says

# 13 I agree with you.
    There are lots of boys waiting to be ADOPTED.
    For God’s sake adopt ,you have 2 bio kids,isn’t
    that enough?

21. shine says

really? but i saw her words saied she want to have a little girl on intimatemingle.com which is a dating site for interracial singles.

22. Iluvmy2girlz says

hey Jx2!! you are right!! i do love my lady lumps!! LOL My bad about that!! it’s just that you usually say something kinda mean or sarcastic about babies! NO offense!

23. Jordyn says

There are much cuter pictures of Grier than this one. She does finally have hair. Good luck Brooke….boys really are easier to concieve than girls!

24. Tia :) says

Some of you people are ignorant. If you dont have anything nice to say then keep your traps shut! how would you feel if someone was talking about your children like that? They are both beautiful little girls!

25. Sonic says

She needs to be happy with what she has already! She’s 42~! ADOPT for God’s sake! It seems like every celebrity that has kids later in life always wants MORE! Who’s next? Cindy C, Julia R, Catherine Zeta?

26. Jacquie says

My youngest is “follicly challenged” also, it results in people thinking she is a boy too ๐Ÿ™

Brookes girls are cute. One day Grier will have hair, it will grow slowly but surely.

27. Jx2 says

ILUVMYLADYLUMPS – you are dead wrong about that…I did not leave the first comment…But it’s true – I don’t want kids…RIGHT NOW!!!

28. Iluvmy2girlz says

i think “i never want kids” is Jx2! and both girls are super cute and adorable and if she wants a boy or (any other kids) she better hurry, cause she’s 42 and that’s not young!! she looks great for her age, BUT unfortunatley our reproductive years have a limit! LOL

29. Freya says

Because we all know little boys have pink hearts on their blouses…yeah okay. She has a beautiful family and I wish her all the best.

30. Liza says

Grier does not look like a boy. Both girls have the exact same face, Grier just doesn’t have hair. Not all kids have hair that grows quickly.