David Letterman's Family Holiday In St. Barth's

David Letterman

David Letterman

David Letterman was snapped enjoying a family holiday in St. Barth’s with girlfriend Regina Lasko and their son Harry, 4. Regina Lasko is not pictured…the young woman must be a friend or nanny. Dave was snapped scooting about in the off-road vehicle….looks fun!

Comments

1. Dakota says

The oringinal Summer, thats what i meant to. nannys should only watch kids everyonce and a while, not 24/7. Example The Nanny Diary. and does any one know wo the “secret” celebrity mom is that runs this site?? just curious.

2. 2teens says

Well then Summer, I do agree with you. Nobody should have nanny care 24/7, that is craziness. The poor children won’t even know who they belong to.
    Nannies do have their place in this world though, for all the hard working parents out there who need child care they are the best option IMO, better than a day care center. Not to say I am dissing daycare… there are good ones & bad ones. But if you can afford it I think it’s better for kids under the age of 3 to be home instead of exposed to a million germs.When they reach pre-school/kindergarten they will have been able to slowly build up immunities to many (not all) of those common illnesses.

I wish I could have afforded a Nanny when I was younger with my two boys. What a luxury! I am all for it!

I think the Nanny resembles Nicki Hilton a little bit!

4. The Original Summer says

No I’m not saying parents should stay at home 2teens, I’m simply saying that having nannies look after them near enough 24/7 isn’t healthy…..Why can’t relatives look after the children for them rather than a stranger??! All these celebrities are the same!

5. 2teens says

Some moms have to (or want to) work outside the home Summer. There is nothing wrong with hiring a nanny. I would take a nanny or an au pair any day over a day care center full of ge.r.ms. But again, not everyone can afford that luxury either.
    When my kids were little we couldn’t make ends meet on 1 income and I was working full time. So was my husband. We had au pairs live with us during those years. They are ch.e.a.p.er than nannies. I don’t know what we would have done without them. I had always wanted to stay home and raise my own kids and luckily we were able to afford it when my youngest hit her first b-day.
    I can’t understand what the b.e.e.f is with parents hiring nannies. it’s as if you are saying moms shouldn’t work outside the home. With me, it was my d.e.s.i.re to stay at home. Some women d.e.s.i.re to have both children and a career… thanks to nannies they can do that. More power to them!

6. 2teens says

Some moms have to (or want to) work outside the home Summer. There is nothing wrong with hiring a nanny. I would take a nanny or an au pair any day over a day care center full of germs. But again, not everyone can afford that luxury either.
    When my kids were little we couldn’t make ends meet on 1 income and I was working full time. So was my husband. We had au pairs live with us during those years. They are cheaper than nannies. I don’t know what we would have done without them. I had always wanted to stay home and raise my own kids and luckily we were able to afford it when my youngest hit her first b-day.
    I can’t understand what the beef is with parents hiring nannies. it’s as if you are saying moms shouldn’t work outside the home. With me, it was my desire to stay at home. Some women desire to have both children and a career… thanks to nannies they can do that. More power to them!

7. The Original Summer says

Everyone should look after their own children without fobbing them off on nannies!! If you’re gonna do that you shouldn’t be allowed to be parents!!

8. Zbella says

I was also a nanny and now have an assistant who helps watch and care for my children about 20 hours a week. They are alone with her (and her young daughter) from 5-10 hours a week and much of that time is napping. I thought my youngest deserved a nap every once in a while rather than running back and forth after her older siblings. I used to be rather uppity about nannies too because when I was a nanny they took full advantage of me and didn’t bother to raise their own children. Now I believe it is possible to be a good parent and have a nanny as well.

9. Kelsey says

I was a nanny a while back and if there was ever a time the parents needed me, it was when we went on vacation! Parents need time to relax too, and making sure that your child doesn´t drown in the ocean is far from relaxing! As long as the child still receives one-on-one attention from their mom and dad, I see no problem with having a nanny around to help out.

10. My Comment says

The really horrible parents are the ones that go on vacation and leave children under fourteen or fifteen alone in their room while they go out to dinner and drink. But I guess Dakota would rather all children end up like Madeleine McCann instead of having nannies — celebrity or not.

11. Nicki says

I’m sure David L. thought it would be a private vacation. He is a very private person. Celebrities have nannies because you just can’t hire the 15 or 17 year old down the street to watch your kid and feel safe. I do remember there was a kidnap plot with lil Harry right after he was born. It is a smart thing to have a person you can trust to watch your child, and celebrities have to be extra sure with the threat of
    danger and harm to thier children. All of them have a nanny or two. they are paid well and know the child, or children from eary on, like a relative. Makes sense.

12. 2teens says

Dakota, they have the nanny so they can go out in the evening and enjoy themselves while leaving their child with someone they know & trust. What in the world is wrong with that?

13. Dakota says

thats harrys nanny! why would u need a nany on a family vacation?? celebritys who have nannys are horrible parents.

Oh I think Harry is cute! He looks like Dave, I think he is a good and proud father! Congrats to this family!

15. 2teens says

I’m glad the WM clarified that a little, I was going to say the girl looks about 17. She’s gotta be the au pair and I’m sure that’s a pretty cush job minding one kid in St. Barth’s! Fun!!

16. AmyY says

why is he a dirty old p***? for all you know they could be on vacation with friends of his and that woman is his friends daughter… why do you automatically jump to the conclusion that he’s an old p***?