Giada De Laurentus & Her New Pregnancy Cravings For Steak

Giada De Laurentus

Celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis is experiencing new cravings as her pregnancy progresses.

The mother-to-be, who is due to deliver a baby girl on April 3rd, has felt new cravings since becoming pregnant. “I always want steak – lots of steak,” she told People magazine at DeVito’s South Beach restaurant in Miami on Saturday night during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival.

“I used to crave sweets before I got pregnant. You know, chocolate, cookies, cake. I’ve normally got a really big sweet tooth, but not now this baby just wants meat,” she said.

With her feet propped up on the lap of husband Todd Thompson, Giada, 37, also chatted with restaurant owner Danny DeVito and sister celebrity chef Rachael Ray.

“You know, I think this is the time to indulge myself,” Giada said. “It’s such a wonderful time, so I’m eating what I want.”

Although she has stopped exercising until the baby is born, Giada says she is determined not to gain too much weight. “I eat a lot of little meals, which is what you’re supposed to do when you’re pregnant,” she says. “It’s healthier, anyway.”

She also says that her changing body is a small price to pay for the new baby. “I couldn’t be more excited about being pregnant,” she says. “She can’t get here soon enough. I can’t wait to meet her.”

Comments

1. Analise says

I cannot wait to see this baby. Giada, her Mom and her maternal Grandmother are/were all stunning. I am SO happy for Giada.

2. LAURIE HARRIS says

IT IS GREAT THAT GIADA IS PREGNANT .. WONDER WHEN HER SHOW IS COMING BACK… SINCE SHE IS
    DUE IN APRIL..

TODD WHO SHE HAS KNOWN SINCE SHE WAS 19
    YEARS OLD…IS IN THE FASHION BUSINESS

HER SHOW IS CALLED EVERYDAY ITALIAN

3. Jx2 says

Oh I eat cake – that much is true – but looking at me you would never guess!!! Jealous?

I’m young, hot and nubile and was often told that i should go into modeling when I was a teen but i never did – mwahhhh!

4. Sofimee says

sara dont’ listen to jx2 she’s bitter, old, barren and fat, that’s why she called you pound cake, she probably eats cake all day long

5. sara says

Hello Baby…thanks for the clarification….I’ll need to start watching her once I’m back Stateside.

6. sara says

No… JX2, I’ve been living in Japan where we don’t get cable TV! I don’t watch it because I am working on my Masters in Education…YOU?

7. D'Anna says

R….I scoured the internet and found ONE at one point and she had a high neck black dress and looked like a NUN…I was so disappointed!

I’m on my third baby now so I know what you mean, but with the first one I was like her. 🙂

8. Jx2 says

#9 – is so very wise and knows all about my se*x life because she hides under my bed at night and knows what I do and when I do it…she also knows that I F*art a lot because I am a vegetarian and eat a lot of beans!!

Take a deep breath Sofimee!

9. R says

I love Giada, too. I keep hoping to find a picture of her while she’s pregnant, but I haven’t seen any. The funny thing is I just had a baby and my friend and I would watch her show while I was pregnant and I would always say, “I’m so SICK of watching her eat all this rich food and still have that perfect body. I wish SHE would get pregnant.” (I was a kind of bitter pregnant person. I kind of hated it.) Then she DID and it freaked me out. But I am happy for her. I also had the same cravings as she did. I used to be all about sweets but while I was pregnant all I wanted was protein.

10. hello baby! says

sara. Giada is italian and she has a show on Food network. I am so excited for her. I know she will be a great mom.