The Oscars Tonight

Heath Ledger

The Oscars will air live tonight at 5PT/8ET. I used to watch them every now and then, but I am not THAT into them or anything. I checked out the nominations for the heck of it and hadn’t really seen ANY of the movies! I really wanted to see Juno and Atonement and hopefully will soon, I tried to watch Gone Baby Gone just a few days ago upon hearing a lot of people talk about it. People were getting into deep discussions over what they would have done. So I was curious and I like Ben Affleck (he directed the film) so I really wanted to see it, but it was SOOOO depressing and just too much to stomach. The little girl looked so much like little Madeleine McCann and that was just too much to take. My kids though have seen Ratatouille and loved it, so I hope that wins for Animated Feature Film. 🙂

Anyway, The Barbara Walters Special looks good. I know that Miley Cyrus will be on it. I am too old to understand that phenomenon, but it certainly does seem to be quite a phenomenon! The other people that Barbara will be sitting down with will be Ellen Page (the star of Juno), Vanessa Williams and Harrison Ford.

Note: Please don’t get mad at me for the picture of Heath and Michelle. I didn’t want to use a generic picture of the Oscar golden statue…I thought this pic of Heath and Michelle at the 2006 Oscars was so sweet.

Comments

1. I thought says

I thougth WM was an actress. HHmmmm…guess she never won an oscar if she barely watches them. I really think all she is is a bored housewife!

2. daisy says

That is the sweetest picture it hurts to see it. She is looking so adorinlgly at him and I can understand why.

3. Letstwistagain says

I applaud you WM for the choice of picture. It is good to remember an extraordinary man gone too soon. I am sure that he will be mentioned at the Oscars– Hollywood seems to realize what a great talent they lost last month.

4. Anonymous says

I LOVE that picture, thank you for using it. Remember that even though some people offer sneid comments and criticisms, YOU are the one doing the work. I’m sure it takes quite a bit of your time and energy to run this site. If others think they can do a better job, by all means, I encourage them to start their own site…I enjoy babyrazzi and the pictures you choose. I don’t have much time to keep up with things so I look forward to checking here a couple of times a week. So THANK YOU! And happy Oscar watching. Can’t wait to see the tribute mention to Heath today.

5. 2teens says

I doubt anyone would be mad about that photo WM, it’s a nice memory of Heath & Michelle.
    I plan on watching and hopefully I won’t fall asleep before the ending like i usually do.

6. Candy says

I’ll watch it tonight …i can’t wait to see preggy ladies Nicole ,Cate & Angelina on the red carpet 🙂

7. Tia :) says

WM if anyone gets mad over that they’re being jerks. It is a lovely picture of the pair in a better time.

Im not one to watch the Oscars either. I do every once in a while.