Vanessa Williams & The Miracle Drug

Vanessa Williams

In the above pic Vanessa was snapped arriving at Disney’s Premiere of ‘Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best Of Both Worlds’ held at the El Capitan Theatre on January 17th in Hollywood.

“I certainly do Botox, which I definitely think that almost every woman that I know has imbibed,” the mother of four admitted on The Barbara Walters Special, airing at 7 p.m. (ET) Sunday before the Oscars.

“And it’s a miracle drug — no cutting, nothing — and I love it!” Vanessa, 44, shared.

I just found Vanessa’s admission so refreshing! EVERYONE gets botox…I will definitely plan on getting it if I need it someday. And yes, I know it is botulism poison and all, but it isn’t like anyone’s face is going to last forever anyway…may as well have it look as good as possible for as long as possible. 😉

Comments

It seems like Botox is as common today as using lotion. I wonder what the older stars did when they young, like Elizabeth Taylor, Deborah Kerr, Marilyn Monroe, etc. Was Botox around then? I just can’t imagine putting poison in my face!

Hey Tia! Thumbs up on our front! I don’t know if you heard or not, but I have cornrows now. I had them a lot as a child, but I haven’t had them done in a few years. I forgot how much they hurt! The girls are great; Kajanae is growing quickly and hitting all of her milestones on time.

I, for one, wouldn’t mind looking my age since I just turned 27. However, I too look young for my age, which often earns me strange, often pitying looks when I have all three of my girls in public! lol I agree about the sunblock. I’m fair complected…being biracial, my daughters are much darker than me, but obviously their skin can still me just as damaged by the sun even if they don’t burn….SPF 50 for my kids!

3. 2teens says

Botox is something that I wouldn’t even consider for myself. There just isn’t enough known about the long term effects as someone else stated.
    Taking a more natural approach is the best way to go, nurturing your skin inside & out does help… and as jj said, slather on the sunscreen. That is a MUST for me because i live in Florida. Hydration & sunscreen are the most important to me & my skin… not botox. It must be working because people tell me all the time that I don’t look my age 🙂

4. Claire says

I am all for a person’s right to look good, but there are other ways to go about it. I am quite the ‘greenie’, so everything I use is organic and natural for my body. I have found that taking Evening Primrose Oil vitamins not only provide a nice hormonal balance but it also nutures the skin.

There are a lot of other natural multi-vitamins and cremes that can do wonders for the body. Receiving poisonous injections for beauty’s sake couldn’t be helpful in the long run. I don’t understand the need for those who want to look like something Mattel has made. I guess to each his/her own! 🙂

5. Jx2 says

I used to think this woman was so stunning back in the day. She has certainly aged. I mean she still looks good but her face is aging even with the botox…can you image what she would look like without it??
    My secret to looking 10 years younger than my actual age is wearing sunblock all year round (since the age of 18) and not sitting out in the sun. People are always amazed when I tell them my age…LOL! the reaction is just hilarious…I guess I “appear” youthful much like Meg Ryan and Michelle Pfeiffer do…although I look nothing like them.

6. Tia :) says

Oriana, oh my husband is enjoying his snow blower thats for sure!! The schools were closed twice a few weeks back…it hasnt ben too bad, but I heard that on tuesday we are in for another one!!

Me too Candy! I heard George Clooney’s girlfriend is wearing a designer dress too, lucky girl!!!!!!

8. Cathi says

this has nothing to do with children at all. lol. i guess whatever the wm thinks is news worthy gets put on here. so botox it is. getting botox is still in the early stages and nobody knows the long term effects that it will have on people. it is a risk that many are willing to take. if money was no object, i would probably consider it. but i would have reservations about it. just because everybody is getting it done does not make it the wisest thing to do.

9. Ali says

they look soooo fake! my mother always taught me to look at the neck and hands,lol.

really…. i would rather look like an old lady and natural then “weird.”

love ya all and have a good weekend:)

10. dragob says

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! INJECTING POISON IN YOUR SKIN SO YOU CAN LOOK THE WAY SOMEONE SAYS YOU SHOULD LOOK. TRY OPENING UP A BOOK AND READING AND LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE WORLD INSTEAD OF BEING SO SELF ABSORBED!!!!!!! I WONDER WHAT THESE PEOPLE WILL TEACH THEIR CHILDREN.

11. Candy says

offcourse Oriana i’ll watch it …i can’t wait to see Nicole Kidman’s dress ..Cate Blanshet too

12. jess says

Its NEEDLES in your FACE!! wtf!! I bet in 100 years we’ll think its as crazy as women taking mercury or using mercury powder 100 years ago to make their faces whiter. Just drink water and even if you have acne or oily skin, moisturize. it does prevent wrinkles.

Alright NOW! Tia’s on board! Ha! I have been wondering about you, I heard another storm came thru up there and I thought about you. Of course I am sure hubby is having a Ball! We are getting more rain this weekend but CA. needs it so can’t complain. Have the schools been closed up where you are? Have a good safe weekend my Dear!!!!

14. Tia :) says

Im here Oriana!, Iv been busy with work and what not! How are you doing? K,K &K’s mommy, how is everything going on your front?

15. Busted says

I’m all for Botox and doing what you feel is necessary to make yourself feel better while aging, cause let’s face it, there’s no stopping the age process and I have yet to see anyone grow old gracefully.

What I don’t get is how some people are so against things like Botox and peels but they’re think twice about eating McDonalds and drinking soda for most of their lives. It’s like they don’t care about what goes inside their bodies yet are totally against touching the outside. I would think our innards are worth more care or at least equal care no? meh

16. she's right says

I want to look good for as long as possible too….her face isn’t frozen, the skin looks tight and refreshed. Buttttttt……black people age better than white people [I think from all the melatonin?] so hopefully I won’t have to go the Botox route if I just take care of my skin 😉

Is Shawty a nickname? It is a cute name. I remember when I got my hair braided years ago, it hurt if they pulled too tight! I love braids though, always have, I especially love to see little girls with their hair braided. You have a good weekend honey!

Sorry about the repeat messages…it didn’t come through originally. Also, pardon the mistake on my first post. My mom is 59, which is 15 years older than Vanessa…I was typing too fast to think clearly and it was during a chaotic moment here 😉 ! When I reread it I knew my mom would be flattered because that would make her 54. 🙂

Hi Oriana! Good to hear from you! Yes, I have a very low tolerance to pain, too. My sister Seanice cornrowed by hair last night…..OUCH!

Yes, she looks very old to me; I guess the ‘tox ain’t workin’! She’s beautiful, but old-looking. She looks older than my mother who is 15 years older than Vanessa’s age of 44.

Some of the neurologists in my husband’s medical practice give Botox injections, but not for cosmetic reasons. Rather, the benefit and need is neurological.

HI Kimora’s mommy! Yes, she is indeed beautiful and a wonderful talent, I think she has such a beautiful voice on her. Just goes to show, the beautiful don’t stay that way forever, no matter how popular or rich you are. I have heard that those Botox injections hurt and I wouldn’t want any more pain than necessary, that is why I dread going to the dentist! Ha!

Yes, she looks very old to me; I guess the ‘tox ain’t workin’! She’s beautiful, but old-looking. She looks older than my mother who is ten years older than Vanessa’s age of 44.

Who would want to put poison in their face is beyond me!

She is definitely showing her age even with it, her ex looks way better and younger than she does.

23. D'Anna says

Yeah, and being able to move your face and have expressions.

Nobody “grows old gracefully” anymore.

24. sara says

Whatever happened to : “Be happy with the skin your in”.?? Our generation is so different from the past ones….they were content with laugh lines and all…they are what makes us who we really are right? I guess they didn’t have Botox back then either….