Nicole Kidman Hopes To Make More Child-Friendly Films

Nicole Kidman

(In the above pic an expectant Nicole was snapped at a press conference in Tokyo on Tuesday)

Nicole Kidman is months away from giving birth, but she’s already considering how her career choices could affect her unborn baby.

“I think once you have children, you want to balance the work you do,” Nicole, 40 – who’s expecting her first biological child with husband Keith Urban – told reporters Wednesday while promoting her fantasy film The Golden Compass in Tokyo, Reuters reports. “Occasionally you want to make films that they can take their friends to, that they can go to the premiere of, that they celebrate.”

While admitting that she’s made “a lot” of films for mature eyes only, Nicole said her two adopted children (with ex-husband Tom Cruise) appreciated her performance in Compass.

“My Bella and Connor are 13 and 15, so they have seen the film,” she said. “And they loved it.” As for her newest production, Nicole added playfully, “My child inside won’t see the film for a long time.”

Comments

1. karen says

I first saw you in bmx bandits and i was in it one of the kids as bmx track at terry hills. You have come a long way from there i just wanted to tell you keep up the good work

2. Hannah says

I really don’t think she actually had a baby.Why do you think that we haven’t seen her yet??? The fact that Nicole probably hadn’t had a period in many yrs and didn’t get pregnant with tom cat and with her now over 40 just make me wonder???if there is a baby come on guys give us a look

3. Melinda says

yes, her dress is a bit crazy looking, but don’t blame Nicole….she didn’t design the dress. I think she’s fabulous in the black dress. Not many woman could even wear something like that. I’m sort of jealous myself. If I put that dress on, I’d look like a black olive with no legs. Oh, just forget
    about it.

4. Melinda says

Seriously,I really think this is wonderful, to be able to comment online. Especially about Nicole…Not only is she a georgeous, talented, and intelligent, she’s very courageous. I would like to know how she maintains her positive attitude. She is truly beautiful inside and out.

5. Melinda says

Gosh…I just wanted to see her baby. WAAAA……AA…WA..Waa. waaa…. Oh, just
    forget about it.

6. Sandy says

I think Keith is fantastic and she is so lucky to have him and to have a baby by him. I hope she knows how much she has.

7. libby says

the dress is awful .keith actually could have married someone better looking and less stuck up

8. kate says

I think she’s lovely, a little bit of botox – sure – but she can afford it – as long as she doesn’t overdo it!
    Sunday, yes an unusual name, but hey once it catches on it won’t be!
    Congratulations, Sunday is beautiful – well what little shots of her I have seen.

9. MARLA RIVAS says

HI,I’M A CUBAN WOMAN,AND I WANT TO SAY THAT I LIKE NICOLE AS A HUMAN BEING,AS A GREAT ARTIST THAT SHE IS,I’M VERY PROUD OF HER BECAUSE WHEN SHE DIVORSED FROM TOM ,SHE PUT ALL HER SADNESS IN HER GREAT JOB,AND SHE HAD ALL THE SUPORT OF ALL HER FANS, BUT BUT BUT I LOVE HER HUSBAN I CAN’T SAY A LIE, I LOVE HIM,I LIVE IN MIAMI FLORIDA AND I KNOW I WILL NEVER SEE HIM,CAUSE HE NEVER COMES HERE, SO I WILL BE WAITING FOR THE DAY THAT HE WANTS TO KNOW THE HOT THAT TRERES HERE IN MIAMI,THANKS NICOLE FOR GIVING HIM HAPPINES WITH YOUR DAUGTHER,I’M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS,I WISH YOU LUCK ALL YOUR LIFE,AND I HOPE ONE DAY MEET KEITH URBAN ,I LOVE HIS VIOCE AND HIS SONGS,BYE

10. John Doe says

She’s in Asia people! Styles are different there. Maybe you should wear what you have over there and see how stupid they say you look! Give her a break. Find something better to do with your lives besides criticizing this lady’s outfit. We should spend as much time bringing each other up as we do cutting each other down.

11. Kittycat says

What the f*** is she wearing? That dress is revolting! Just goes to show that no matter how much money a person has, it can’t buy good taste!! Also, her face is really starting to look weird and she definitely looks as if she’s had way too many botox injections. Usually she looks nice but in the past year or so she’s started to look a bit odd. Anyway, nice to know she’s now happily settled with Keith Urban and with a baby on the way. Anything’s got to be better than being married to a control freak, egotistical midget like Tom Cruise!

12. magi says

why se didn’t had the baby with tom cruise?who is keith urban????anyway i love babies so THE BEST

13. catsue says

Nicole looks like an 1890s saloon girl serving beers in a haunted house.
    She had the tiniest bump ever. Did she gain like 10 lbs during her pregnancy? Sunday is another stupid celebrity baby name. Why don’t these mothers consider how their kids will be teased or having to grow up with an idiotic name.
    Too much botox Nicole!
    I’m glad she’s found happiness after nutso Tom Cruise and 2 other miscarriages.

I didn’t see lots of pictures with her kids over the summer with her in any of the magazines. Which ones published them Liza? They weren’t in People or US because I subscribe to them and they weren’t in there.

15. Lilac says

Isn’t it a little LATE to start thinking about how the mature content of her movies will affect her kids? Her movies are out there and always will be.

16. Liza says

I think it is more likely that she was the one with fertility issues, whether it be diffculty in getting pregnant or recurring miscarriages.

I don’t think there is any evidence that she doesn’t care about her other children. Their father has primary physical custody and so they spent the vast majority of their time with him. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t care. There were also plenty of pictures of both the kids in Australia from over the summer when they spent their summer there.

17. Eir says

She has fertility issues. THAT is why she never had a baby with Mr. Cruise. That, or HE has the fertility issues. 😉

*shrug* Either way.

18. Generic name says

I don’t like her dress either! she looks like a ballet dancer..lol
    anyway..she’s still very beautiful and classy woman! when is she due?..

19. sara says

Did she worry about making “mature” movies when her adopted children were little??? Why is it so different now that she’s having a biological? I think she feels this is her second chance.

20. carleigh says

She always wears some type of couture clothing and sometimes it works and then other times it falls short, I don’t think this was one of her better choices. But on the other hand, I don’t think anyone can deny that she has that motherly glow in her eyes and her complexion looks wonderful, she’s happy and it is radiating from her smile and her eyes. I’m happy for her and Keith and can’t wait to see their little bundle.

21. Meg says

Ah that dress. Im happy for her about being pregnant, but she has two other kids she seems to not care about.

I think the dress looks fine, she is very pretty, and I can see a little baby bump. Soooo happy for her!

23. jennifer says

My question is how come she couldn’t get preggers
    within 10 yrs of living with Tom while she wanted it
    so badly(also Tom wanted a baby)
    Then suddenly with Keith she has become pregnant???
    Does anyone know the answer?

24. Sandra says

Ok a lot of you guys were knocking what Kate B was wearing. Hello Kate B is wearing a normal outfit in comparison to this ugly thing. What in the heck is she thinking wearing that!

25. Eir says

That dress makes me 🙁

She isn’t even really showing, though. That sort-of bothers me, I hope when I get pregnant I at least show, but I’m happy that she’s finally getting a biological baby. She’s earned it, and struggled through a lot for it. I’m sure she’s overjoyed. 🙂

THE DRESS IS THE UGLIEST I’VE EVER SEE.! EWW!
    AT LEAST SHE’S ALREADY CONSIDERING HOW HER DECISIONS WILL AFFECT HER BABY, UNLIKE SOME HOLLYWOOD MOMS! GOOD FOR HER!

27. Lauren says

How wonderful that Nicole is expecting a baby after years of wanting one. She looks so radiant. Best Wishes Nicole and Keith.