Joel Madden Gushes About Fatherhood & Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie

Joel Madden is clearly in seventh heaven over his new daughter!

She’s “definitely a mama’s girl,” Joel told People magazine before a gig as a deejay at Prive Las Vegas on Friday. “Right now she needs mom because all she does is eat. I have a feeling that when she starts talking she’s going to be a daddy’s girl.”

Harlow Winter Kate Madden, who was born on January 11th, is the first child for Joel, 28, and girlfriend Nicole Richie, 26.

The night in Las Vegas was the Good Charlotte singer’s first one away from his daughter, and the reason he agreed to deejay was because the club donated its door proceeds to the Richie-Madden Children’s Foundation, he said.

“It’s really hard being away from her. I think after having Harlow we are already in love with being parents,” he said. “It’s cool to watch Harlow with Nicole because they already have a real special bond. It’s cute. I have my own little bond with her too.”

Joel is quite impressed with Nicole as well. “She’s a wonderful mother and she looks really hot already,” he said. “The girl is gifted, man. Women hate her because she looks good being pregnant and then has the baby and looks sexy. There’s something so attractive about her now. It’s a motherly glow.”

Awww..he seems so happy!

1. carleigh says

Oriana…that’s great!!! I think it’s so ignorant when people steal others’ screen names, but I’ve had it happen to me before just like you…what can we do unless the WM requires us to register prior to blogging. It’s just someone with nothing better to do then try and irritate others with some stupidity! You laugh it off just like me…lol.

2teens, looks like Dumbo is back on here stealing people’s names again! I am wondering about the weather up there and how you are doing? I hope you have electricity. Let us know if you are okay.

And you FOOL using 2teens name, don’t worry about my screens, or anything else, don’t worry about me at all! I am enjoying eating my cereal today too, just in case you were concerned. And oops, it’s Total, not Corn Flakes!!!!!

3. 2teens says

oriana how are those screen doors. If you want I will come over and keep you warm sweet baby. I will hold your naked body tight. Damn i’m so horny right now.

4. phnxgirl says

I think Nicole is very pretty, but my lord she probably weighed 90 pounds when she got pregnant so she probably weighed 120 at the absolute most when she had the baby. She probably ended up being at a weight she should have been at to begin with. I’m happy for them.

5. Lauren says

Awww, how cute. Joel seems really happy. That picture doesn’t do Nicole justice but she looks amazing. I wonder when they’re going to debut Harlow to the world.

6. Sara says

I just don’t agree with Joel’s statement that women hate her because of the weight loss. I think most women are mature enough to not get all caught up in the “who lost the baby weight the fastest” game that the media likes to perpetuate.

7. Eir says

That photo does her NO justice. If she put on a little bit of weight I think she’d be even better looking, pre-the simple life days anyone?

I thought she looked amazing back then. She’s just too thin for my tastes now, her face is too sharp and angular with nothing to her.

I can’t wait to see their daughter, though. And continue to watch how having a child changes her in the future, because you never know.. she could be back to her partying once her daughter gets boring for her. 😛

8. carleigh says

I’m happy for them, they appear to be good for each other. Nicole seems to have calmed down her hard partying ways and found her nitch in life with Joel and baby Harlow…..the pic above doesn’t do her justice but she is a very attractive girl and I would love to see pic’s of their baby.

Now if only a certain other celebratard would lose the fishnets, cigarettes and put some underwear on then maybe she might have a chance of rehabbing herself as well??!! But then again I think I am giving her too much credit, if she wanted to get better she would have kept her crazy butt locked up at UCLA.

9. 2teens says

Hey Oriana, I was thinking about you and your drafty sliding glass doors…. I hope you are keeping warm!

10. Liza says

I don’t think she looks awful in this pic, but the dress and hair color wash her out a bit. I think Nicole is quite pretty.

They seem happy and appear to be very committed to that baby. Good Luck to them!

She is a very pretty girl. Seems like she has gotten her life straight and I wish this couple good luck. I think she will be a good mother and he sounds like a nice young man. Lucky baby!

12. Tango says

she looks awful in that pic, I dont know what it is I think she is actually quite pretty but this picture doesnt do her any justice