Michelle Williams & Matilda Arrive In Australia For Funeral

Heath Ledger

Michelle Williams and her two-year-old daughter arrived in Perth, Australia, Wednesday afternoon local time for Heath Ledger’s funeral.

Michelle, wearing a black dress and black sunglasses, held the striped-dress-clad Matilda in her arms as they exited the plane under heavy security. Matilda clung to a stuffed rabbit as more than five police officers and airport security escorted them into an elevator.

From the airport, Michelle and Matilda (who was covered with a blanket) headed to Heath’s mom’s house in the suburb of Applecross. Soon afterward, guests began dropping by to pay their respects.

A private funeral for the actor – who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on January 22nd – is expected to take place on Saturday.

Although Michelle and Heath (who met while filming Brokeback Mountain) split last September, the two remained bonded by love for their daughter. In a statement released after his death, the actress said, “My heart is broken.”

Comments

1. Jenna M. (UK) says

After seeing the latest post with photos of Heath’s funeral, I take back what I said in the last post. As well as any respect I had for the WM.

2. Jenna M. (UK) says

Its Heath in the pic. Oriana, I’m guessing its out of respect. I, and probably a lot of other visitors to the site, would have ben furious if the webmistress had posted a photo of Michelle and Matilda arriving in the airport or in Australia right now. It would have been really insensitive, they are on their way to put little Matilda’s father to rest.

Or perhaps the WM just didn’t have any recents pics. I’d like to think however that the WM was showing some respect for the family’s need to grieve in privacy (unlike that horrible photo she posted of one of Britney’s kids in the back of a car, following his mum to hospital). If that is the case, then thank you webmistress!

3. Generic name says

yeah Dori I’m confused about the pic the WM posted! the statement says; Michelle Williams and Matilda Arrive in Australia for funeral…I never thought It was an old pic..so I ask whose this guy? b’coz he really looks like Heath! well now I know it was him!

4. dori says

It is Keith you dingbat..lol.. it’s an old picture of Michelle and Keith in New York they posted to go with the story. Confusing isn’t it?

5. carleigh says

I hope that the press quits reporting their every move. We know Heath has died, we know there is going to be a funeral in Perth and whatnot. Anything beyond this is just redundant and an unnecessary intrusion upon Michelle, Matilda and Heath’s family and it’s wrong. She asked for privacy to allow her and their daughter the time needed to grieve in private………..this is clearly not being done.

This is wrong and disrespectful………leave them totally alone and let this stop!!!

6. boo says

Poor Michelle…I can’t imagine what she is going through, the thought of burying my husband so soon would be unbearable….I’m sure she is strong and will get through this but even still its going to be a long hard road.
    I send my thoughts and prayers to her and their Beautiful Daughter!!