Christina Aguilera Refuses To Share Magazine Cover With Nicole Richie

Christina Aguilera

Don’t expect to see a photo of Christina Aguilera’s baby on the cover of any magazines this week. Sources say that after months of negotiating, a deal between Christina and OK! magazine came to a halt because the magazine couldn’t guarantee a full-cover photo of Aguilera and baby boy, Max.

A magazine insider points out that the singer performs well on stage, but not so much on newsstands. “The OK! wedding cover didn’t sell as well as they hoped, and even her recent Marie Claire cover underperformed, all things considered,” the source said.

An industry source added, “Christina has an inflated sense of her own value and seems to expect an extortionate amount of money for these baby pictures. I’m not sure OK! or much of the industry thinks is a dollar figure that’s worth it. … She hasn’t proven to be a real seller.”

Although a friend of Christina’s says another reason that the deal didn’t work is that the baby isn’t really “ready for prime time,” there might have been another sticking point.

According to a person familiar with Christina’s contract, the terms include a promise that a magazine that buys the Christina baby photos may not run photos of Nicole Richie’s new baby. “Christina can’t stand Nicole,” said a source who knows Christina. “Nothing would make her more upset than to see those two babies on the same cover, even if it wasn’t at the same time.”

An OK! spokesperson said, “We don’t comment on the details of potential editorial arrangements with any celebrities.”

Well, it isn’t exactly surprising that a celebrity would have a large ego, and wouldn’t want to share a magazine cover. OK! should just run the two covers on separate weeks. And whoever gave birth first goes first! 🙂 Nicole’s baby was born one day earlier than Christina’s, so she goes first.

Normally I don’t read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice post.

I loved as much as you’ll obtain performed proper here. The caricature is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you would like be handing over the following. in poor health for sure come more beforehand again since exactly the similar just about a lot often within case you defend this hike.

3. terri says

I don’t think she wants pictures of Max on any cover, including OK! I don’t think that you’re going to see a photo shoot of him for a while, if ever.

4. dori says

It’s all a bunch of hearsay…. I don’t believe for a minute Christina said anything or that there is even an issue about pictures. It’s all he said she said crap….
    I just can’t wait to see pics of both babies.

5. Christy says

Nicole Kidman is preggo, Halle Berry is preggo, Angelina is again preggo and J Lo is a-popping soon adn Christina wants a cover. Get in line girl-with those A-listers you will be a-waiting…

I know, right? We’d rather see the babies, anyway. If this story is true, then Christina is being really stuck up. I honestly believe that Nicole has changed, plus Christina doesn’t have a spotless reputation, either! ( She’s a POWERHOUSE, though…incredible voice!)

7. Lauren says

Hmmm…I wonder if this story is true. It’s not even a big deal. Harlow should get the first cover and then Max.

9. boo says

lol…I didn’t even read the post ahead of mine with the “highhorse” comment…lol…I read the article and scrolled right down to comment! Great minds think alike tammy!lol

10. boo says

I think Christina needs to get off her High horse. Her baby is no more important to the World then any other celeb baby out there…. I mean of course everyone looks forward to seeing the little bundle and everything but why should she get special treatment? Because She’s Christina Aguilara??Umm I don’t think so Biotch!lol…Sorry I had to!lol

Anyway I for one think that the pregnant body is Absolutely Gorgeous, but I don’t see the point in posing Completely naked?? was it really necessary to show off her goodies in the process of showing off her pregger Belly? I mean she could’ve wore a pair of cute,sexy booty cut Undies and a sexy bra, that would’ve left a little more to the imagination and the picture still would’ve turned out beautiful!

11. tammy says

I think it’s wrong for her to even expose her baby to the public at the age he is. And then stars get so mad when the paps want to take pics of them all of the time. She’s asking for it. Also, get off of your high horse Christina. It’s not like you’re the only one with a baby in the world.

13. Jx2 says

She is a great perfomer on stage but I don’t like her music at all and I don’t like her style either. Too drag queen. I guess that’s what sells CDs and concert tickets. I do find her husband kind of “interesting” in a nerdy way. I’m glad she’s with him as opposed to some Hollywood playboy type.

14. onatear says

Maaaybeee Little Max is not the most handsome of kids and looks too much like his daddy…and his mom is hoping to stall off pix until he grows into more of a coverboy!! (All babies are cute to me…can’t stand Xtine, sorry)

15. minkysmom says

She’s being silly and petty. She is a grown woman with a child. She cannot make another magazine not run pics of anyone’s baby. Even Brooke Shields and Tom Cruise made friendly…

16. Lisa says

I can’t stand Nicole… but don’t mind if her baby gets a cover. Poor baby. I like Christina – amazing talent – BUT can’t stand that cover… she could have at least taken her shoes off…. blah. So unnatural looking.

The magazines should only do the covers for people who will donate the money to charity.

17. Tia :) says

Whatever…she is FAB to me…she should have her own cover!! I love Nicole…but what has she done?

18. Ali says

i think they are both so thrilled right now that much of this story is not even true…. if true, then jacquie will correct,LOL.

I think that xtina is getting a little too BIG for her Britches! LIKE her baby is the only baby in the world! Xtina, isn’t that special..anyway! It is suppose to be all about the babies!

20. 2teens says

I wonder how much of this story is really true. I can understand if you hate someone but that shouldn’t extend to their child. What’s the harm if Harlow is on the cover the following week?

21. carleigh says

Who cares???? I wish this was the worst of the problems that any of us had….if she was really honorable she would donate the money from the sale of the photo’s to charity.JMHO…I like Christina but if this is true then I don’t think too highly of her right about now.

22. Jacquie says

Well I guess we shouldn’t expect Max and Harlow becoming the next “super couple” in 20 years?? LOL.

Give me a break Christina!