An Expectant Cate Blanchett At The Santa Monica Film Festival

Cate Blanchett

An expectant Cate Blanchett was snapped at the Santa Monica Film Festival on Saturday where she picked up the festival’s annual “Modern Master” award. She said motherhood has made her a better actor.

“In a way, for me, having children has made me much more focused and less neurotic as an actor. You just don’t have the time to do what I previously thought was preparation but is just anxiety. It did take that neurosis away for me,” Cate said.

Cate is expecting her third child in April. Her son Dashiell is 6 and her son Roman is 3.

1. Jx2 says

2 teens – LOL yup – I have seen infants make a fuss when the lemon wedge is taken away…I wonder why that is?
    The strangest thing I’ve seen is with one of my nieces when she was younger, she would eat sour, pickled things like pickled onions and olives and even lemon wedges…she would take the lemon out of her grandmother’s tea cup and run off with it…it was the strangest yet funniest thing….my SIL did not approve of the lemon sucking but we gave her the lemon anyway…the kid was relentless…she learned how to open the fridge and get the lemon out herself.

Tia- yes, Kajanae’s a very good baby!
    2teens- glad you know how to pronounce her name now! I don’t give lemons to my girls because the acidic juice mottles teeth.
    Nicki-thanks! I’m glad you like her name, and I’m glad you enjoy my blog.
    Oriana- you’re so sweet! I’m glad you enjoy my writings, too.

3. 2teens says

Hi Oriana! Why are your comments always in moderation?
    Don’t ever type the word s.h.a.p.e in your posts… it’s not allowed. Try it!
    I don’t think s.h.a.p.e.d is either. And of course we all know you can’t say d.i.a.p.e.r.

4. 2teens says

#14 I have done that with my kids when they were little tykes. They made awful faces & shuddered… but the funny thing is when I tried to take the lemon wedge away they made a fuss. They just wanted to keep biting on it, the little masochists!

5. Jx2 says

Tia – have you ever given a baby a lemon to suck on??? They make the most hilarious faces…gotta love baby torture! 🙂

6. Nicki says

Kimora, Kariah, and Kajanae’s Mommy~ I’ve been around sweetie, it has been crazy on here lately, Sunday was strange. I love your blog. I check it everyday and look forward to your updates. Thanks for the new url, I will change my toolbar. And thanks for the pronunciation of your lil ones name. It is beautiful. I too was saying it wrong.

I love how the ones whiny complaints have nothing to do with the pics posted, exactly what they are complaining about. Silly people.

I hope the pics of Cate from the SAG awards last night are also posted. She looked as beautiful there too. I hope she has a girl this time, but as long as the baby is healthy it doesn’t matter.

My comment was deleted but doesn’t surprise me.

Hello to 2teens and Tia!!!

kimora’s mommy, I was so moved when I read on your blog, it brought tears to my eyes, loved it, it was so sweet!

I hope you are getting some sleep!!!!!

bella, we will do what we want to and say what we want too! Are you the webmistress?

I do think that Cate is a class act all the way! Beautiful and gracious! I love her!

8. Tia :) says

Will you people go suck a lemon! If you dont like it, either skip over it ( which seems oh so hard to do for you babies) or get lost.

K&k&k’s mommy- ( im just typing that out now..haha) Im happy everything is working out for you! Kajanae sounds like a wonderful baby!!

Now about Cate…i’v always loved her. I think she’s wonderful! I hope she has a little girl this time!!

9. mackenzie says

ok people this is called babyrazzi it about CELEBRITY and celebrity babies not a blog about kkk mommy and 2teens to blog about what happing in the life so stick to the subject(sp) about the celebrity anyways i think kate b.looks beauitful as ever

10. Amanda says

LMAO “Suck a rotten egg”??? Queen of maturity I tell ya. Did you think of that one all by yourself? What an over-grown baby! A toddler could come up with something better.
    Bella I agree with you. I didnt want her life story either. These people on here are a trip. I think I will stay around.

11. 2teens says

Hi triple K’s mama! I did read your blog yesterday and I was glad to finally know how to pronounce kajanae because I was saying it wrong. You are so lucky that she is a good sleeper. My first didn’t sleep through the night until nearly 1st grade, no joke!
    Bella, darling, go suck a rotten egg. Oh, and “get over yourself”.

12. Bella says

What is this………”the let’s get caught up website”. Why don’t you guys exchange email addresses and do it on your own time.

She’s radiant! Feels like yesterday that we just found out about her pregnancy, and look at her now! 🙂

I know a lot of you guys were hoping to hear from me; I left a good many messages last night, but they all were erased! 🙁

Tia…to answer your questions( that sadly, are not longer here), we are doing very well! Kajanae will wake up twice a night to nurse and then go right back to sleep…I’ve written a little more extensively about her in my blog.

Kimora and Kariah are simply fantastic. When the baby’s crying, they run over to her and say, “It okay, Kaji”. Kariah has changed a bit in that she’s more clingy and asks to nurse more often (I’m tandem nursing). In general, though, they’re doing really well, and I’ve noticed minimal jealousy if any at all.

I’m feeling fantastic…back in my pre-preggo clothes and lovin’ it!

Nicki…doesn’t seem as you’ve posted her for a while, but I miss hearing from you and I hope to talk to you soon!

Special shout out, also, to 2teens and Oriana. Hope you guys all have a great week.

P.S. My blog actually has a new url now…I explain the glitches in my most recent post…so if you want to access my blog, you’ll need to click on a more recent posting (ie this one) 🙂 later…