Lily Allen To Return To Work After Suffering Miscarriage

Lily Allen

(In the above pic Lily was photographed on December 4th in London)

Lily, who was four months along with her first child when she suffered a miscarriage, will be shooting the pilot episode for BBC3’s Lily Allen and Friends in London on Wednesday.

“She has insisted on coming back to work,” a BBC insider told Us magazine. “Obviously it’s tough for her right now, but she is a professional and sees going back to work as a way to focus on something else.”

In December, Lily, 22, announced that she and Ed Simons, a member of the Chemical Brothers, were expecting.

She recently gushed about how she couldn’t wait to slip into her maternity clothes.

When the sad news was first reported last week the Sun quoted an unnamed source as saying, “They are in a state of shock.”

“Lily’s entire outlook on life changed after she found out she was pregnant,” the Sun added, referring to the British singer’s reputation as a wild child. “She was looking forward to being a mum and starting a family with Ed.

“They are surrounded by friends, and family are offering support. It is a really difficult time for them.”

Source & Source

Comments

1. Jx2 says

Liza – I’m a woman who has been through a lot of hard times and has developed a tough shell. I am not a wimp and I do not cower in the corner if life throws me a fastball. I can arm wrestle better than most women and have often won in arm wrestling competitions with other men. So – since I am a tough cookie I do not let things get under my skin. Perhaps I am not as sensitive as most women are about issues around childbirth and babies. I do not like cutesy things and find typical girlie-girl conversation annoying. I’m not a tomboy and I’m not a dyke – not that there is anything wrong with that. I’m a married woman. Just different!
    I guess if you were to classify me – I’m like Samantha Jones on “Sex and the City” – her personality; not her appearance…she was outspoken and upfront and knew how to play in a man’s world…she also found loud babies in restaurants a nuisance….LOL!!

2. Liza says

JX2,

I never said having a miscarriage is a shameful thing. I said it’s a hard process and that having to tell people is very hard, and I can’t imagine the entire world knowing my business.

I’m going to assume you’re not a mother, never had a miscarraige, and never been pregnant if judging by your insensitivity is anything to go by.

I’m not living in the past. I’m looking at Lily Allen’s experience based upon my own, because I know what it is to experience this loss. It doesn’t mean I am still in the midst of it, it means I have compassion, something you are so sorely lacking.

Being realistic does not mean you can’t have compassion.

3. Liza says

Team Aniston,
    It’s pretty well shown that no one factor can cause or prevent miscarriage. Lots of things increase the risk, lots of things decrease the risk, and yet women who engage in activities in each category have miscarriages.

Doctors don’t know for sure what causes miscarriages, so to assume that something she did undoubtedly causes this is more than likely incorrect.

But way to be so insensitive!

4. dori says

It’s sad and I’m sorry for her . I hope she’ll try again after she has a chance to deal with her situation. Sometimes a miscarriage is a blessing in disguise.

5. Jx2 says

The expulsion of an embryo would not bother me in the least! I grew up with a lot of dying farm animals around me.
    My father was a hunter and I witnessed a lot of death around me. Mind you, as a result of that – I’m now a vegetarian. But I also enjoy watching slasher horror movies!

6. Zbella says

Poor girl. I wish her all the comfort and support in the world. I have never suffered a miscarriage, I can only imagine how horrible it would be. 4 months is on the later side… in another couple of weeks it would have been a late term miscarriage which is very much like giving birth, so I’ve heard. Even an early miscarriage is quite devastating – especially as you realize you are loosing the baby and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Jx2, I hope your words do not come back to haunt you. Peace.

“She is so sad” BS, well maybe she should have thought about the risks SHE ALONE was putting her baby through while she was lighting up her ciggies, Smoking while preggers increases the risk of a miscarriage by 85%. Just last week she was in US WEEKLY smoking..saying, “I will give it up eventually”…well “eventually” came too late I guess. She has nobody to blame but herself. Selfish. Now we are all supossed to feel sorry for her, not gonna happen.
    check it out here.
    Lily needs to be able to think about somebody besides herself before trying to become a Mother…..

8. Jx2 says

#13 – Get over it! Time to move on!! Obviously you are still living in the past. I like to be realistic about things. Lily is young she will have more opportunities for becoming a mother. You make it sound like a disease…having a miscarriage!! So what if people know. It isn’t shameful. It’s a fact of life. Life goes on!

9. Liza says

Jx2, a miscarriage is a big deal. Just because it is very common, does not mean it isn’t a great loss that deserves to be grieved. Not all miscarriages are due to problems with the embryo either, some happen for other reasons or without any obvious reason at all. It’s a very hard experience to go through. And it isn’t “just like having a period”. It can be very similar to the experience of giving birth.

As far as your comments about preemies, yes, that’s ALL that’s done, just stick ’em in an incubator for a little while and there you go! All better!

We shouldn’t be playing God? Ok, then any baby that is breech, no more c-sections! No more treatmens for cancer! In fact, no more treatment at all, for anything!

You sound ignorant, uneducated, and flowing over with your lack of compassion.

I feel bad for Lily. I know when I had my miscarriage, one of the things that was hardest was telling even the few people who knew I was pregnant that it had ended. I can’t imagine having the whole world know.

10. Jx2 says

Um, Lily is only 22 years old she had PLENTY of time to have another baby and to be a mother.
    Miscarriages are a fact of life and happen to numerous women. Her body expelled the fetus. Lots of blood, tissue, cramps involved just like having a period. No biggie!! Mother nature took care of a potentially sickly child.
    I think what really bothers people is the fact that modern medicine can’t do anything to prevent miscarriages from happening. A hundred years ago a preemie baby would have died. Nowadays they stick them in an incubatoor for a few weeks and by miracle and modern medicine they make it.
    We should not always try and play God with lives. We should let things take their natural course. This sort of thing happens in the animal kingdom all the time. After all we are all animals. Except for Tom Cruise…he’s an alien…LOL

11. Just me says

I feel really bad for her and wish her and her family the best.
    But I don’t get comments like 2,3 and 6. They are slamming people for being judgemental who aren’t even on here being judgemental!

12. denise says

i feel so sad for her. i hope she finds the strenght to move on a be able to put some sort of closure on this.
    i have suffered 3 m/c’s and know that this is a huge loss.

13. carleigh says

I feel sorry for this poor girl. If anyone comes on here and says anything about premarital sex or whatnot, they are just cruel ***holes!

I’ve had a miscarriage before and it was twins and even though I was only at 12 weeks, I was still devastated because I lost my babies. Some women never recover from the trauma, but there is a way to carry on and continue to live.

I hope that she finds the strength, courage, support and love she needs at this most trying time in her life.

14. Nicki says

boo~Your right. But I have a feeling exactly what they would say………and it shouldn’t be repeated. They are the ones who are casting judgment, and forgetting that they should not judge anyone.
    Lily has suffered a tramatic loss, it is hard for anyone, let alone a young 22 year old. I also hopes she can find the strenght to carry on. I’m glad she has family and friends to help her through this difficult time in her life.

15. boo says

What irritates me is all the people on here preaching about pre marital sex and unwed mothers…. well what do those people have to say for themselves now… this Girl was both of those things and has suffered one of the most traumatic things that ANY woman could ever go through.
    I feel so terrible for her… she was so happy and looking forward to being a Mother and now she has lost her child!
    I am so sorry for this woman and hope she will recover quickly ( although she will Never completely recover such a traumatic experience) But I hopesshe can find enough strength to move on! and I wish her much happiness!